Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeds season 5. Starts June 8th

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Justin Kirk continues to be amazing. I hope his name is on the Emmy shortlist which is announced tomorrow, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

tvnutz wrote: »
    Check the imdb boards,it has been translated there a few times.

Cheers, here it is if anyone else is looking for it:
    From: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439100/board/thread/142742861?d=142808692&p=1#142808692
    Woman: What do you think you are doing? You already went too far, don't you think? It's one thing to have an adventure with some white bitch, and well; another one to get her pregnant, but marriage? Are you crazy? All of Mexico's eyes are on you, and all of my expectations, strength, time, and money are on you. You should have killed that bitch when-

Esteban: Are you trying to say I have to choose between y'all and Nancy?

Woman: No, I'm trying to tell you that you need to choose between YOU and the white chick.

Makes me even more curious as to just who she really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

obviously his Karl Rove/Dick Cheney/(Wo)man behind the man character

Loved last nights episode. It's great to have Dean & Doug back together again. :D It's been too long. And
    Lupita!
    :D

I *heart* Dean.

http://i32.tinypic.com/mi19o9.gif
    http://i28.tinypic.com/2mxpxte.gif
    Does Nancy not realise what she's doing in pissing off Esteban? Couldn't he just have her and her whole family killed? Or now that she knows he's not the big boss man anymore, maybe she thinks nothing will happen to her?
    Can't wait to see how the season turns out.

Also, Alanis Morissette is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

An ok episode. Really getting fed up with Doug atm, nothing new with him at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    fed up with Doug atm, nothing new with him at all.

Um, I'd call his new right angle digit "new". That sounded so painful that I shuddered a little bit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Enjoying this series so far, possibly more than earlier ones. I wish they would concentrate more on the Nancy/Andy/Esteban story. It's very interesting how totally ****ed up it all is. I like that Andy is almost stopped being a complete pushover. The Celia/Doug/other minor characters storylines are pretty lame so far, while they were entertaining in previous seasons.

Bloody hell, dont even know where to start with this one. Quite possibly one of the weirdest episodes what with the
    breast feeding
    but the ending could really make things interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Good this week. The ending could be interesting alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Is next week's one the season finale? I've only seen listings for ten episodes online - I was hoping for 12 or more :(... Only got into the show recently and watched every single episode in the last couple of weeks :).

• Advertisement

No, there's 13 episodes this season. 4 more to go.

I am so jealous of Justin Kirk.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Very disturbing scene alight,but great nipple action :D

The ending could be interesting as well,mostly I think it will mean Nancy will just say no to Esteban because he is too dangerous to be around.

Oh Nancy, what are you doing now? This isn't gonna end well.

Shane was fúcking weird this episode. Hopefully we'll see more Dean & Doug. They're a great pair. :D

This show has lost the plot,terrible episode. The character of nancy just flushed down the crapper really.Don't know if Ill bother after this season unless it has a good finale.

I'm finding it pretty hard to see where it can go from here though I would imagine Esteban will be killed off before the end of season... Nancy having a "family" life, however messed up, doesn't really work for the show...

But having watched all episodes from the very start just recently, Nancy is totally behaving out of character now. She used to be pretty heavily conflicted about what her life choices were doing to her kids but now? Shane gets shot and she shows what? 5 minutes of regret and a sandwich? She then puts him (and everyone else in her life) in more danger with her next move with Esteban and lets Shane get drunk/stoned/whatever :confused:?

At least the other subplots are funny, especially Doug and Dean against Celia (those employees at the juice place most be wondering WTF goes on in Dean's office :D). And the crazy Mexican guy's wrestling outfit/tux got a chuckle :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I love weeds! Im up to date with all episodes in America and am eagerly awaiting each episode each week. It just keeps getting better and better, Jenji Kohan is a great writer.. I love the twists and turns.

When you look back to season 1 the development of characters is great, the jokes get better.

Love and live for it!

I still enjoy it but again this week, I'm wondering what the hell is Nancy thinking? She very casually brushes off Shane drinking, she just says something like "Oh, you're drinking" and does nothing about it...

And both Andy and Shane pretty much told her to her face in this episode that she has sacrificed her family, not sacrificed for her family and she's essentially selfish, yet it still does not get through to her!

I'm wondering how the season will end next week and where it will go for season 6?

I'm still watching but finding it average at best,in fact I think they have destroyed several of the characters,most notably Nancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Given up on it myself..

It's a shadow of its former glory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It should end this season. It has gone so far downhill at this stage.

• Advertisement

I'm still watching and enjoying it too! :eek:

I get what people are saying but I really dont think Nancy's downfall is unrealistic given her situation and I'm thinking season 6 will be all about her trying to redeem herself.

As for her not giving Shane any crap for drinking, well what do you expect? As the drug dealing wife of a gangster she's hardly the beacon of moral authority that is in any position to be giving out to him.

Anyone else feel Nancy's about to leave Esteban? There was just something about that look she gave as she watched him on TV next to that other one.

JohnK wrote: »
    As for her not giving Shane any crap for drinking, well what do you expect? As the drug dealing wife of a gangster she's hardly the beacon of moral authority that is in any position to be giving out to him.

True, but in earlier seasons she at least tried to steer her kids the right way and seemed genuinely concerned about what they were doing... Now, she just doesn't seem to care about them that much any more.

I've watched all the episodes just this summer, so the downwards spiral she's on seems to me like it happened very fast in some cases. Still curious to see what they will do with the 6th season (and even if it'll be the last or not).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wait, what? The season is over next week? That went waay too fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Nah, season 6 is going to be about her getting even with Palar..

Nah, season 6 is going to be about her getting even with Palar..

I hope not. Have had enough of the whole "south of the border" malarkey at this stage and I'd definitely like things to go in a new direction for the next (final?) season...

Well I can safely say I didnt see that ending coming :eek:

I mean sure I had guessed
    Guillermo wouldn't actually try and kill the boss woman
    so I was thinking Nancy would do it herself but when
    Shane came in at the end with the mallet
    I was totally surprised.

JohnK wrote: »
    Well I can safely say I didnt see that ending coming :eek:

I mean sure I had guessed
    Guillermo wouldn't actually try and kill the boss woman
    so I was thinking Nancy would do it herself but when
    Shane came in at the end with the mallet
    I was totally surprised.

Ye,didn't see i coming either. I thought maybe
    Nancy might do something out of anger at your one threatening her kids but then SMACK,Shane out of no where. I actually jumped a little because I wasn't expecting it.

Problem is that it was literally only 10 seconds of the whole finale that was good. The rest was rubbish,much like that finale. I'm fairly sick of all the characters except for Shane,he has actually grown into an interesting character. I am still undecided if I will bother watching next season,the fact the episodes are only about 25mins long helps,and its easy enough to watch. For those reasons I might watch the next season but overall it really was just a very very bad season of Weeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Brilliant ending! :p

tvnutz wrote: »
    Problem is that it was literally only 10 seconds of the whole finale that was good. The rest was rubbish,much like that finale. I'm fairly sick of all the characters except for Shane,he has actually grown into an interesting character.

Yep, that ending came out of nowhere, but the rest of the episode seemed slow and odd overall. Celia's "I wanna be Nancy" storyline has gotten beyond ridiculous at this stage...

And Nancy seems to be by far the most unlikeable character now - I wonder if even what happened in the end will knock some sense back into her, but it looks like it won't. I still want to see how it all ends though and it also helps that she show airs in the summer "dead zone" anyway...

• Advertisement

J-blk wrote: »
    I still want to see how it all ends though and it also helps that she show airs in the summer "dead zone" anyway...

Ye that's probably why I am still watching,there is nothing else on at this time with the exception of True Blood. That's about it though.

Advertisement