Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeds season 5. Starts June 8th

Options
  • 24-04-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

It's that time of year again. :D

First promo pic was released during the week.

Me likey.

2n6hhfb.jpg

:eek: 2cmvl07.gif

Some casting news regarding a new character.
    Nancy Botwin's family continues to be a famous one. On the heels of meeting her father-in-law (played by Albert Brooks) in Season 4, Variety reports the upcoming Season 5 of Weeds will feature Jennifer Jason Leigh (Fast Times at Ridgemont High / Road to Perdition) in a new recurring role as Nancy's sister. Leigh will appear in at least two episodes for Season 5, which premieres in June.
    :D

Not long to go now. The wait between seasons is almost unbearable. I know a lot of people here didn't like season 4 but I loved it. Probably my second favourite after season 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Excellent news. Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

good to have Nancy Botwin back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Yep it starts up the week breaking bad ends

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Sweet I've been waiting for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I only caught up on Season 4 in the last month.. the last season in all honesty bored me to tears.

But I said I must catch up so watched the final three episodes recently.. the always great 'Weeds' season cliffhanger was so poor and felt almost tacked on.

Will still probably watch Season 5 though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Anyone know if Season 4 is ever going to air here? As far as I know, no channel has shown it yet and I dont wanna have to import season 4 from the States when I managed to get all other three seasons here.......

Sky 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Sky 1?

They've dropped it.:mad: I emailed them about it a while back.
    Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your e-mail about season 4 of "Weeds". Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

Regrettably, Sky doesn't hold the broadcast rights to season 4 of "Weeds" and there is no information available on which channel will broadcast this series in the UK & Ireland.

I regret I am unable to assist you further with your enquiry.

Kind regards, Gordon Smith

Viewer Relations, Sky.

That is a shame. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

They've dropped it.:mad: I emailed them about it a while back.

Blast it all to heck! I wonder............if no one airs it over here, does that mean it wont get a R2 release on dvd? :confused:

• Advertisement

It's currently TBA, even though it has a June 2nd release in America. It doesn't bode well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

weeds-season-5-poster.jpg

Alanis Morissette will appear in at least seven episodes as Dr. Audra Kitson, a no-nonsense clinic obstetrician treating the pregnant Nancy.

Jennifer Jason will be appearing as Nancy's sister.

Promo for Season 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW1T5zHo6no

Man.. that's one photoshopped image! :eek:

The photoshopping of Nancy on the promo posters gets worse ever year. Don't get me wrong.. Mary-Louise Parker is gorgeous but she doesn't have the body of a 20 year old. Look at her head on the image.. it's creepy as feck!

Regarding Weeds, I really didn't enjoy last season. In fact, I haven't really enjoyed the last 2 years. It's definitely lost it's spark.. not to mention it's witty writing has gone by the wayside!

What are the odds chalkitdown will be the only regular contributor to this thread as episodes air?

I actually thought the last 2 season weren't all that bad; sure the quality was down on the first & second season but still it was better than a lot of the other crap that was on. Had no idea it was due to start up again so looking forward to Tuesday now.

3 days to go. :D Here's the official tralier for the season.

There are two clips from Monday's opener on the official site, as well.

Also, the lovely MLP wub.gif was on a chatshow in America during the week. They showed a clip from the first episode at the start of part one, so spoiler warning.

wub.gif

basquille wrote: »
    What are the odds chalkitdown will be the only regular contributor to this thread as episodes air?

:cool:

Previous thread, here btw.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60558899#post60558899

Lock this shiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mergey Mergey
    (JP Liz - Searchy Searchy!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭O7Pat

Hi lads,

New to this discussion -

Does anyone know when the new series is starting on sky1 ? (I think this discussion is about it starting in the states?)
    Am I right in thinking that the last series that was on sky 1 was season 4?

Sky has no plans to show it any more.

Sky only showed seasons 1-3. They don't have the rights to season 4 and beyond.

• Advertisement

New ep is out there.

I thought it was good, far from the best, but a quality start. Something tells me this is gonna be a lot darker than last season, the Nancy stuff at least. Some of those scenes were really depressing
    Everyone walking out on her at the end without saying anything was so sad. She really is all alone, now, and no one to blame but herself. I can't wait to see where they go with this. Some great acting on display from MLP. I also loved the ending, even though it was a bit random, although I guess that's the whole point of a flash mob.

Quinn is fúcking insane, yet awesome I can't believe they showed that image on her laptop. Her boyfriend's great, I hope we see a lot more of him. All the phone calls were brilliant. "That c*nt can lick my balls"

Fun fact: That was the first episode of the show not to have music playing over the end credits. A sign of gloomy times to come?

Shane has grown quite a bit overnight, hasn't he? lol Celia & Isabell lost a shít load of weight, also, but I guess you can't help these things.

Great to have the show back. It's been a long goddamn wait.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

New ep is out there.
    Excellent news. Must watch this later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah was a decent start, good to have something to watch again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

To be honest, after seeing Breaking Bad I had forgotten Weeds existed.

There are two short clips from next weeks episode on the official site.

http://www.sho.com/site/video/brightcove/series/title.do?bcpid=14034155001

Jill is gonna be a fun character. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I really enjoyed it.
    Mostly because of the phone calls to everyone in Celia's phone and everyone pretty much laughing and then insulting her when this guy is threatening to kill her. It was brilliant.

Other than that it was good but a sign that perhaps it might get darker and darker?Everyone has left her,and she only has herself to blame. Lets face it,she is a terrible mother.

Another funny part was Shane getting a new hairstyle and earring (which they somewhat tried to explain),but also having his voice break and growing a few inches...all overnight :p

If Nancy really wants to be free,all she has to do is rat out the mayor guy,I know he is the father of her baby,but she is a prisoner to him now and who says that she will even be let live after the baby is born. That cop will probably kill anyone who was involved with his boyfriend's death.

I was quite happy with that now; it was dark but still had plenty of comedy so a nice mix. Bound to be some good story lines ahead too the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Good to see it back. It feels like absolutely ages, and it was a lot darker than I remember.

Don't know if it will hold up to the brilliance of the first two seasons though.

Plus, after watching two seasons of Breaking Bad in the last week and a half, marijuana just doesn't seem that dangerous a business any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Good to see it back. It feels like absolutely ages, and it was a lot darker than I remember.

Don't know if it will hold up to the brilliance of the first two seasons though.

Plus, after watching two seasons of Breaking Bad in the last week and a half, marijuana just doesn't seem that dangerous a business any more.

I done the same thing with Breaking Bad in last week myself. I think Weeds is getting a bit too far away from what it started off as but it's still good viewing & the new episode was great. I think Doug should get his own spin off with Dean & Andy though, the 3 of them together are hilarious.

• Advertisement

Hmmm..
    What the hell was with the flash mob? :confused: Was it just like:

"We're still short two short of the 28 minute runtime."
    "Ah sure.. just throw some random new-fad thing in there!"

Thought the premiere was good.. but it wasn't really that funny. The ringing Celia hostage stuff got old very quick.

Maybe I'm being too hard on it but I miss what Weeds used to be. I'd forgiven a slip in quality for a character driven show, but I really don't care about any of the characters in Weeds.

PS - did anyone think Doug's "sex act" (which reared it's head again in the pre-credit's recap and in the marks on his neck) felt ever so slightly odd so close to David Carradine's death? I know it actually was last season though still.

Advertisement