Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investigation: Drogheda 09/05/09

Options
  • 24-04-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok having an open investigation in Drogheda on Saturday 9th May and looking for 10 people. Been a while since we did one on here and have a great new spot. Not going to say too much about it but there's beds for everyone and I'll even make breakfast on the Sunday morning.

More details to follow :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Myself, Stoner & Dre as in Dray will be there on the night btw (3 out of 5 PIGs aint bad).

Ok to add to this you dont need to have done an investigation before and you dont need any equipment on the night apart from a torch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

<whispers>and a change of underwear</whispers>

I'd love to go, but can't :(

Arriving 7.30pm on Saturday - leaving by 11am on Sunday - We will be finishing up the Investigation at 2.30 and winding down for the night.

Cost: €55 euro - note that a full breakfast is included.

Items which people should bring:
    - Warm clothes - Please note that items of clothing/footware with reflective stripes etc can affect photographs when a flash is used.
    - Notebook and pen
    - flashlight
    - Watch

Very Important, if anyone suffers from asthma, epilepsy or anything else please bring any medication you need and let me know in advance.
    Last thing we need is someone dropping to the ground in convultions and someone jumping in with a do-it-yourself exorcism!
    [/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zerotolerance

Can i come pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! i hope there are double bed's. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Can i come pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! i hope there are double bed's. :rolleyes:

This is open to anyone who can confirm that they can make it on the night. There are limited spaces and my only problem is people pulling out last minute and me getting stuck paying for them.

As for double beds .... huh? There are beds but you're looking at people sharing rooms as opposed to everyone getting a private room.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask on here or drop me a PM.

Anyone up for this? We've 8 spots left. First timers more than welcome.

Oh i will go , for my sins . Its a great place to catch psychics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Sounds very interesting, I'd like to know more before commiting to be honest, I live in Drogheda and would like to just tag along even if thats possible.

Famous45 wrote: »
    Sounds very interesting, I'd like to know more before commiting to be honest, I live in Drogheda and would like to just tag along even if thats possible.

Anything specifially I can tell you?

• Advertisement

Anything specifially I can tell you?

The area you are intending on going to & what usually happens when you do this kinda thing, to be fair I'd prob **** my pants, I got scared last night watching photos online so I can't imagine I'd be able to control my fear in real time but I suppose the thrill of it excites me.

Famous45 wrote: »
    The area you are intending on going to & what usually happens when you do this kinda thing, to be fair I'd prob **** my pants, I got scared last night watching photos online so I can't imagine I'd be able to control my fear in real time but I suppose the thrill of it excites me.

Dont worry about it, if at anytime you feel scared you can leave the area with somebody. Its all about learning having fun/enjoying yourself. Fingers crossed for an experience.

Okay doke, I'll hit you up with a PM over the weekend. Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

6th wrote: »
    Ok having an open investigation in Drogheda on Saturday 9th May and looking for 10 people. Been a while since we did one on here and have a great new spot. Not going to say too much about it but there's beds for everyone and I'll even make breakfast on the Sunday morning.

More details to follow :D

Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 baby_doll123321

I want to go but where is this place.
    And how old must you be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Can't make this one unfortunately as i already have plans that night, would have gone otherwise.:(

Well its a non-drinking event but obviously its an overnight. Its not something I've had to think much about but I presume 18.

I'm so curious as to where it is, is it Stagrennan House??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

seriously gutted about this as the 9th is my birthday!!!

as it is i am meeting mates in dublin for a few otherwise i would go!!

look forward to hearing what happens

Ziycon wrote: »
    I'm so curious as to where it is, is it Stagrennan House??:confused:

Its not Stagrennan, not going to say too much before the night about the location. Its a gem and want to see how it goes.
    seriously gutted about this as the 9th is my birthday!!!

as it is i am meeting mates in dublin for a few otherwise i would go!!

look forward to hearing what happens

Sure will have to drag you along to the next one. Have a good BDay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

Myself and my OH would be really interested in this, if we are welcome.

We have no transport though, so would be relying on public transport to get us up there.

Is that possible? Is the location remote, far from train and bus routes?

The location isnt remote at all. When I was there a few weeks ago a bus eireann bus stopped outside.

From Drogheda Bus Station: (8 minutes walk) Walk out of the bus station in Drogheda and turn right at the traffic lights. Walk along the road past St. Mary's Church.

From McBride Train Station: Walk out onto the main Road and turn right. Walk on straight for 3 minutes.

From Dublin City.
    By Car: Take the M1 (Northbound) and follow the signs for Drogheda South. The trip will take about 35 minutes (allow longer during Dublin rush-hour traffic).

By Bus: The 100 or 101 Buses from Bus‡ras leave every half an hour and take 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to Drogheda.

By Train: Commuter Trains leave from Pearse St, Tara St. and Connolly Station and take 55 minutes to reach McBride station in Drogheda.

The Enterprise Service leaves Connolly Station only and takes 31 minutes to reach McBride Station in Drogheda.

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    Myself and my OH would be really interested in this, if we are welcome.

We have no transport though, so would be relying on public transport to get us up there.

Is that possible? Is the location remote, far from train and bus routes?

Details on how to get to the area are as above. Once people arrive in Drogheda they will have to give me a call on my mobile which they'll get via PM before hand.

You guys are more than welcome along but please note the sleeping arrangements are pretty basic with 12 beds in one room and 10 beds in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

6th wrote: »
    Details on how to get to the area are as above. Once people arrive in Drogheda they will have to give me a call on my mobile which they'll get via PM before hand.

You guys are more than welcome along but please note the sleeping arrangements are pretty basic with 12 beds in one room and 10 beds in another.

Cool! Count us in then!

Hey 6th, change of plans, is there room for me +2, one of those is the guy alan that went on the last one in blarney??

Sounds good.

Nice one, just wondering about the beds, is this included in the €55?

Yeah beds included. I see groups in the UK charging €250+ for a night and it drives me nuts! I mean this stuff should be open to anyone with an interest.

Ok can anyone going on this email me with a full name and date of birth to mark at paranormal.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm just saying on here that I can make this... figured I should go while I'm in this country ;)

Don't have a lot of equipment though, but hey, a camera, pen and paper is enough!

Advertisement