Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leprechaun have cheek to send reload bonus emails

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Just looking at the rake required to qualify for this promo, it's no wonder BCB was cross posting the Mono Rail.... Maybe he based his figures on rake forecasts after each player completed the promo...personally I would have been surprised if I managed to maintain 10% of rake revenue once the promotion had been completed by players, which leaves me at a loss, where the hell are you getting the rest of the rake to cover this.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

I'm actually glad I missed all this. Eight months of superb drama crammed into one hour ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ok so lets say I'm the guy who did this(although I wouldn't be optimistic enough to put myself in a situation like that) and I was genuine and believed that I could do this from the outset. As it starts getting closer to the IO I get a little worried that maybe this is not going just as well as I imagined but I feel I can still do it, maybe those close to me are also telling me not to worry that it will all work out.
    I then decide to try and get some backing just to make sure everything goes according to plan. Before I know it the IO is almost on top of us and I am now in a desperate situation with my reputation on the line. I keep trying hard to make it happen but to no avail.
    Finally its got to the stage where my house is going to be taken off me and I wake up to the reality that there is no way I can honour this deal that I promised.
    I finally decide to admit failure and apologise to all those who have been left in the lurch and are going to be very upset and annoyed by all this. I feel absolutely distraught to have done this to people. I am telling everybody that I fully intend to make this right in the future. I say no more on the subject as its only going to make things worse and I quietly go about trying to rectify these matters.

My reputation is in tatters but hopefully in a couple of months I'll have the moneys to pay these guys what they were promised and I know I'll feel much better myself have finally gotten it done.

I come back on to boards and see that these guys never believed for one minute after I failed to deliver that they would ever get anything from me. In fact there are people that weren't even involved who are saying that I was a confidence trickster(conman) and pretty much everyone is against me now. I am starting to realise now that even if I pay the moneys back my business will still be in ruins as they have set about using search engines and the likes to make my company look like nothing more than a conjob.

So now they are ruining my business and here I am with the money to pay them back but my business is fcuked due to their concerted efforts to do just that.

So how do I feel now? well fcuk them all is how I feel. They went about ruining me and I'm done. No matter what I ever do they cannot rectifty the damage they have done to me or my company. They can shove it, I'll keep the money and try something else.

This is how things can go. People can get bitter where money is concerned very quickly. Some of the guys who posted in the other thread said that he is a genuine guy but still criticised him for being so naive as to think he could have succeeded. People made it clear in that thread that the guy is very genuine and not at all like the picture Strewelpeter is painting.

Given what those people said in that thread, I'd rather give the guy a couple of months and see if he comes up with the money as I said earlier. If he doesn't you can still take him down and be happy about it. You don't have to do it immedately.

Again, I have nothing to do with this situation and I don't know any parties involved. I just know that its better to give a guy a chance to make up for what he had done rather than kill his business and any chance of it working out in your favour at a later date. I'm not saying to give him a long time, I'm talking three to four months max. If he hasn't come up with something by then, its clear that nothing is ever going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

lep1.jpg
    lep2.jpg
    lep3.jpg
    lep3a.jpg
    lep4.jpg
    lep4a.jpg
    lep5.jpg
    lep5a.jpg
    lep6.jpg
    lep7.jpg
    lep5.jpg
    lep9.jpg
    leprechaung.jpg
    lep11.jpg
    lep12.jpg

imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Lazare wrote: »
    lep1.jpg
    lep2.jpg
    lep3.jpg
    lep3a.jpg
    lep4.jpg
    lep4a.jpg
    lep5.jpg
    lep5a.jpg
    lep6.jpg
    lep7.jpg
    lep5.jpg
    lep9.jpg
    leprechaung.jpg
    lep11.jpg
    lep12.jpg

imo
    Post of the year IMO
    I'd just wasted half an hour explaining the whole fiasco to a friend , when all I needed to do was show him this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Lazare wrote: »
    lep1.jpg
    lep2.jpg
    lep3.jpg
    lep3a.jpg
    lep4.jpg
    lep4a.jpg
    lep5.jpg
    lep5a.jpg
    lep6.jpg
    lep7.jpg
    lep5.jpg
    lep9.jpg
    leprechaung.jpg
    lep11.jpg
    lep12.jpg

imo

I dont know how long this took but it was worth it, well played Tobin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

^^^^Quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Brilliant. Perfect summary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

You could, if you were that way inclined, listen to any number of creeps like this one on the likes of Liveline, they are ten a penny. There is one turns up every other week whether it is Modelling, double glazing, holidays or poker the country is crawling with them. They are always plausible, you never ever believe that they set out to defraud people. This is the key to how it works, to be a Confidence Trickster the secret is to have complete and utter confidence in the lie you are selling. The easiest way to get that confidence is to completely believe the lie yourself.
    If you are in the business of setting up yet another iPoker skin in a highly competitive market and you come up with a business plan to pay out up to 120% rakeback as a promotion when as a third level skin you can only collect a percentage of the rake there will be a moment where you as an adult human with a partially working brain you will be fully understanding of the fact that this plan is nonsense. However you need a plan to get market share you don't have the imagination or work ethic to come up with anything better and, well this is just such a damn good idea to generate business...or as the boys in SouthPark might put it :

Set up an iPoker skin.
    Offer an unlimited value live tournament buy in.
    ???
    Profit.

It doesn't matter how genuine he seems, genuine is the hallmark of a Con Man, honouring your promises is the mark of a decent human being. Recognising and admitting to the inevitable default on this stupid offer early on (Before Christmas IMO) instead of carrying on a charade stringing people along while digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole, would have been enough to save face in this case.

the Lazare picture post is genius

but this post above is brilliant too.

for those of you interested in the concept of psychopathology can I recommend a psychologist called Robet Hare who wrote a book called Without Conscince. Read it and see how many people you recognise in it. This book is the no 1 book on psychopathology and you won't be sorry you read it. He has also formulated a series of tests which is remarkably like the Empathy test in Bladerunner.
    This test is used in many hundreds of corporations and government depts around the world. read the book.

now, anyone wanna buy a used car?

edit: Without Conscience 1994. he's retired now but over 150 doctorate thesis' thesi? have based their work on his.

• Advertisement
Advertisement