Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leprechaun have cheek to send reload bonus emails

Options
  • 23-04-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Michael

Leprechaun Poker is running a reload bonus for all our players until the end of April. Make your next deposit any time from now until April 30th, and we will load you up with bonus dollars to match your deposit 100% up to $500!*

See you at the tables

The Leprechaun Poker Team

*Terms and conditions for this reload bonus are the same as for our First Deposit Bonus, so check our website if unsure: Click

How can this guy still be running his skin when he didnt pay up the 60k or whatever he owed in Irish Open tickets, unreal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

mdwexford wrote: »
    How can this guy still be running his skin when he didnt pay up the 60k or whatever he owed in Irish Open tickets, unreal.
    wow, I'm not surprised but I didn't see much fuss about this before, surprised it passed so quietly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Hi Michael

Leprechaun Poker is running a reload bonus for all our players until the end of April. Make your next deposit any time from now until April 30th, and we will load you up with bonus dollars to match your deposit 100% up to $500!*

See you at the tables

The Leprechaun Poker Team

*Terms and conditions for this reload bonus are the same as for our First Deposit Bonus, so check our website if unsure: Click

I almost nearly commend the guy giving the sheer brazenness of this. Saying that i won't be depositing any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Link or cliff notes?? Missed it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

careca wrote: »
    Link or cliff notes?? Missed it at the time.

Srsly?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055360443

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

did anyone report it to Ipoker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

did anyone report it to Ipoker?

report what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

have spoken to better poker an dmailed i poker about it but they really don't seem to care..

anyway other boards banned methods are now underway from me anyway...

one the things that annoys me is that I have on good authority that the site is still profiatable to the tune of about 4 k per month in rake.... this is from a lot of the french players signed at christmas and some other regulars on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

LOL just checked my email got the reload offer too its areal kick in the nuts and a big 2 fingered salute to the guys who were promised aticket but it was renaged on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Macspower wrote: »

anyway other boards banned methods are now underway from me anyway...

I thought they guaranteed your ticket for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

bohsman wrote: »
    I'm open to correction, but afaik THE CLAMPER personally funded his ticket. Not Leprechaun directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is it the same guy thats still running it, or has it been sold? Just wondering.

Didn't the guy say he was close to losing his house and all that? Did he sell up or is he still trying to make a go of it. Also didn't he say he would try to rectify the matter at some stage in the future if he got the money?

From reading that thread at the time the guy seems like a decent bloke in a very unfortunate situation. If thats the case give the man some time and if nothing happens have your say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

got the same email, thought it was a bit rich after everything that happen...

A big long thick neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

No, they "guaranteed" his ticket for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Not sure how but I honestly did miss it. WOW is all i can say.

Thanks AJ.

No Leprechaun did nopt buy me a ticket into the I/O no more than they did for anyone else...

Derek Williams staked me into the I/O and had 30% of my action (which was 0) making good on a personal guarantee he made me that if leprechaun didn't buy I would play the Irish open.. 2 different things entirely..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I completely missed that too it has to be said!

Um... wow.

DeV.
    I've been up to t*ts with business etc but slowly getting back into playing "social" poker.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Is it the same guy thats still running it, or has it been sold? Just wondering.

Didn't the guy say he was close to losing his house and all that? Did he sell up or is he still trying to make a go of it. Also didn't he say he would try to rectify the matter at some stage in the future if he got the money?

From reading that thread at the time the guy seems like a decent bloke in a very unfortunate situation. If thats the case give the man some time and if nothing happens have your say.

It's the same guy.. the site is still taking in a good bit of rake and no effort whatsoever has been made by leprechaun to put anything right...
    His loosing his house is certainly nothign to do with me or anyone else that qualified...

Ok do the maths as see how sorry you feel for him...

Personally I paid 3200 USd in Rake to get my Irish open ticket
    I know of 10 qualifiers but there may be more ... I played limit but most played NLH and paid more rake... so lets aver 3500 in rake paid..

A ticket costs 4000 USD so total outlay if he bought the tickets would have been 40,000 USD

during the promotion 35,000 was paid in rake approx and if the tickets were bought then they would have made a loss as originally intended..

however since the tickets were not bought then a nice tidy profit was made by all...

No contact has been made by leprechaun and no offer of any compensation of any kind has been offered to me anyway and I doubt anyone else...

the original statement I believe came from a direct contact I made with better poker that day and they came back and said they had contacted him and instructed him to make a statment clearing them of any involvement...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Macs you may have picked me up wrong. I'm not saying anything negative about the guys who lost out here. I fully understand how sickening that is, I've been in a similar situation in the past moneywise.

I'm just saying that it came across from reading the other thread that the guy was genuine and what I took from reading that thread is that those involved will in the future be compensated for their loss if things turn around for the site.

I'm not recommending that anybody goes and plays there again but surely the guys who lost out here must give some time to this Bru guy and if he comes up with the money and pays everyone off then while its not ideal(as in it was still a broken agreement), at least they got paid. I'm just saying that all these negative comments are not going to help the site and leave less chance for those who lost out of ever gettig their 4000 us dollars.

Just my thoughts, I'm not involved in anyway but I just feel that if I was in the situation I'd have said my piece in the other thread and leave it alone for another three or four months and see if I do actually get something from it. At that stage it has either happened or the chances of it ever happpening are very minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

he's probably making a fortune from the site and laughing his hole off right now

RoundTower wrote: »
    he's probably making a fortune from the site and laughing his hole off right now

I dont believe it is a fortune but it is significant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Macspower wrote: »
    It's the same guy.. the site is still taking in a good bit of rake and no effort whatsoever has been made by leprechaun to put anything right...
    His loosing his house is certainly nothign to do with me or anyone else that qualified...

Ok do the maths as see how sorry you feel for him...

Personally I paid 3200 USd in Rake to get my Irish open ticket
    I know of 10 qualifiers but there may be more ... I played limit but most played NLH and paid more rake... so lets aver 3500 in rake paid..

A ticket costs 4000 USD so total outlay if he bought the tickets would have been 40,000 USD

during the promotion 35,000 was paid in rake approx and if the tickets were bought then they would have made a loss as originally intended..

however since the tickets were not bought then a nice tidy profit was made by all...

No contact has been made by leprechaun and no offer of any compensation of any kind has been offered to me anyway and I doubt anyone else...

the original statement I believe came from a direct contact I made with better poker that day and they came back and said they had contacted him and instructed him to make a statment clearing them of any involvement...

I totally agree with your feelings against this guy and the set-up in general and I think its a real rub into peoples faces that the site is still going. But someone should discuss this with a 3rd party etc.

Anyway just to clarify you're figures. You paid 3200 in rake, his site would only get 40% of this rake, not the whole lot. Hence why he couldn't afford to pay for the tickets. Betterpoker would have taken maybe 20% and ipoker would have got the other 40%. So out of your 3200 in rake he would have got 1280 in funds. This is only a rough guess.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    I totally agree with your feelings against this guy and the set-up in general and I think its a real rub into peoples faces that the site is still going. But someone should discuss this with a 3rd party etc.

Anyway just to clarify you're figures. You paid 3200 in rake, his site would only get 40% of this rake, not the whole lot. Hence why he couldn't afford to pay for the tickets. Betterpoker would have taken maybe 20% and ipoker would have got the other 40%. So out of your 3200 in rake he would have got 1280 in funds. This is only a rough guess.

yeah Ollie... and by the way I didn't even get offered a reload bonus :rolleyes: they quite simply havn't replied to my mails at all.

I know the way it works... My figures may not be perfectly accurate but I know ipoker get 20% and judging the way some other sub skins work ..better is probably on 20%... I think leppers get 60% of the rake..

The truth of the matter was if they had made an effort to pay up or honour the agreement in some way I would still play there to try and get some of my dough back.... I'm a reasonable person and anyone coming to me with a reasonable offer of any type would be considered....

I've always been a sucker for someone that tells me straight and offers me a 10er a week... but straight they have not been... there is even more to it that I won't go into on a public forum..

the bit about being in danger of loosing the house is true but it's nothing to do with leprechaun or me and I can tell you that ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

macs you should make a post on the 2+2 forums about this. Publicise it as much as possible so that this guy never gets the opportunity to cheat another poker player again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Could be a vain attempt to try muster up business in order to pay the debts ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm just saying that it came across from reading the other thread that the guy was genuine and what I took from reading that thread is that those involved will in the future be compensated for their loss if things turn around for the site.

You could, if you were that way inclined, listen to any number of creeps like this one on the likes of Liveline, they are ten a penny. There is one turns up every other week whether it is Modelling, double glazing, holidays or poker the country is crawling with them. They are always plausible, you never ever believe that they set out to defraud people. This is the key to how it works, to be a Confidence Trickster the secret is to have complete and utter confidence in the lie you are selling. The easiest way to get that confidence is to completely believe the lie yourself.
    If you are in the business of setting up yet another iPoker skin in a highly competitive market and you come up with a business plan to pay out up to 120% rakeback as a promotion when as a third level skin you can only collect a percentage of the rake there will be a moment where you as an adult human with a partially working brain you will be fully understanding of the fact that this plan is nonsense. However you need a plan to get market share you don't have the imagination or work ethic to come up with anything better and, well this is just such a damn good idea to generate business...or as the boys in SouthPark might put it :

Set up an iPoker skin.
    Offer an unlimited value live tournament buy in.
    ???
    Profit.

It doesn't matter how genuine he seems, genuine is the hallmark of a Con Man, honouring your promises is the mark of a decent human being. Recognising and admitting to the inevitable default on this stupid offer early on (Before Christmas IMO) instead of carrying on a charade stringing people along while digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole, would have been enough to save face in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I missed the whole affair too. In future could we have some kind of alert sent out when there's a popcorn thread going on? As we saw here, not all of them have titles like 'Incident in The Fitz last night' or 'Collusion on Paddy Power.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

report what exactly?

Would they not look unfavourably on skins that make guarantees as part of a promotion and then break them? It cant look good for them from a PR point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Would they not look unfavourably on skins that make guarantees as part of a promotion and then break them? It cant look good for them from a PR point of view.

No offense, but I really did laugh out loud. Surely you don't think that iPoker actually give two fcuks as to what their customers think of them??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Also Macs, there are loads of press release sites on the net. I'd look into sending out a press release re: leprechaun poker so that google starts indexing them as scammers/cheats/liars etc/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol little green people

Cheeky Cheeky

Advertisement