Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Deposit down on a new car....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Nice colour both exterior & interior. A set of Alpina "Dynamic" style alloy wheels would be nice on it, you know the style, 4 pronged, 5 spoke wheels.
    It is definitely not a regular sight on Irish roads so a good buy from an exclusivity point of view.
    Best of luck with it.

When is the book opening for how long your gonna hang on to it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

good luck with the car mate
    nice to see someone else giving the recession the 2 fingered salute lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Cyrus wrote: »

Best of luck with it Cyrus! :)
    Wouldn't be my choice of car, for some reason I never liked the Z4, but each to their own :D
    I love the colour of it though, the pictures doesn't do it justice, you'll have to put up some quality pics. Really like the beige interior.
    As the rest here have said, its great to see someone give a big two fingered salute to the great "recession" ;)
    Well Wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Congrats Cyrus, you know how to pick them. Treat her well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Very nice, dont think I have ever seen a Z4 on the road here.Auto is the job too, no reason at all to have a creaky gear box in that!!

What is it 250bhp, turbo injected?

265bhp IIRC. BMW turbo petrols are in the past! And all cars are fuel injected since the early 90's.
    Best of luck Cyrus!

Edited due to forgetfullness! BMW turbo petrols were in the past, till very recently!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Biro wrote: »
    BMW turbo petrols are in the past!

And in the X6, future M models, and probably throughout the range eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

265bhp IIRC. BMW turbo petrols are in the past!

Vice-versa! BMW turbo petrols are in the future.

Nice car Cyrus, we had one where I worked before which was a fantastic car to drive, more unique than the roadster, and better handling due to it's weight and rigidity. You're going to love it.

ned78 wrote: »
    Vice-versa! BMW turbo petrols are in the future.

Nice car Cyrus, we had one where I worked before which was a fantastic car to drive, more unique than the roadster, and better handling due to it's weight and rigidity. You're going to love it.

Beaten to it! It struck me about 2 minutes later! The twin turbo petrols are back in!!! :D
    That's not one though...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,907 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Nice colour both exterior & interior. A set of Alpina "Dynamic" style alloy wheels would be nice on it, you know the style, 4 pronged, 5 spoke wheels.
    It is definitely not a regular sight on Irish roads so a good buy from an exclusivity point of view.
    Best of luck with it.

When is the book opening for how long your gonna hang on to it? :)

id love a set, altho i reckon itd be swap a kidney time!

thanks for all the kind comments folks, i honestly thought a few more wouldnt like it, it is definately a rare site on the roads which is nice and the blue is lovely and a real bmw signature colour :)

Beaten to it! It struck me about 2 minutes later! The twin turbo petrols are back in!!! :D
    That's not one though...

Well, the petrol 1.6 single turbo in the MINI Cooper S has proved to be a resouding hit for BMW, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see it make it into other vehicles ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Well, the petrol 1.6 single turbo in the MINI Cooper S has proved to be a resouding hit for BMW, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see it make it into other vehicles ;)

Like this one:

Peugeot-308-RCZ-Concept-2-lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Good luck with your latest fling. It will still be in vogue when you get itchy feet in 12 months time. :D I see a few Z3 Coupes about which still look the biz (in a brutalist kind of way). Reckon the coupe version of the Z4 will always have a niche fanbase too.

TomMc wrote: »
    Good luck with your latest fling. It will still be in vogue when you get itchy feet in 12 months time. :D I see a few Z3 Coupes about which still look the biz (in a brutalist kind of way). Reckon the coupe version of the Z4 will always have a niche fanbase too.

thanks :) hoping to keep this one a little longer if i can, might even get 18 months out of it

the z3 coupes still command a decent price so im hoping the z4s will tread a similar path :)

You mean to say that a future 316i might not be a laughing stock? :D

You mean to say that a future 316i might not be a laughing stock? :D

lol, that was a horrible engine for that car alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

EDIT: Hre are the wheels that I meant:

BMW-Alpina-Z4-329-1024.jpg

Z4_Alpina_Roadster_S_05_1.jpg

2719640966_249d47f652.jpg

EDIT: Hre are the wheels that I meant:

BMW-Alpina-Z4-329-1024.jpg

Z4_Alpina_Roadster_S_05_1.jpg

2719640966_249d47f652.jpg

i know

AKA Teh Secks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

No no no no..

May I suggest a set of deep dish alloys.

L_671.jpg

GODSPEEDWHEELBLKCHR18X10.jpg

Second set a pure secks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Z4 on top gear on Dave right now, its the M version though.

Im not fond of the looks myself, but to each his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Besides the fail, nice wheels.

failic4.png

I like the wheel rebel.ranter posted though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Besides the fail, nice wheels.

failic4.png

I like the wheel rebel.ranter posted though.

There's an awful lot more fail going on in the background on that E46...!

TBH, can't beat the wheel on 'er at the moment.
    Just spotted, Maxwell again - they must love you!!
    Last time I passed them though, they had loooads of BMW's on the courtyard but no BMW sign up - have they lost the franchise? What gives?

cianclarke wrote: »
    There's an awful lot more fail going on in the background on that E46...!

TBH, can't beat the wheel on 'er at the moment.
    Just spotted, Maxwell again - they must love you!!
    Last time I passed them though, they had loooads of BMW's on the courtyard but no BMW sign up - have they lost the franchise? What gives?

? first car ive bought in maxwells :)

they lost the franchise, afaik they dont have the space to build a showroom to bmw standards

Advertisement