Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Deposit down on a new car....

Options
  • 22-04-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,907 ✭✭✭✭

Well its happened all of a sudden now,

test drove thise at the weekend and liked it, took a few days to think and then called them and made a cash offer. got a good cash discount on it and paid a deposit today.

2007 z4 coupe in montego blue with oregon pearl grey leather, nice spec on it too :) 1 owner, 14,000 miles, pics dont show the colour in the best light its a little bit lighter and bluer in the flesh, may not be to everyones taste but ive always had a soft spot for the z4 and since i have decided that a convertible isnt for me the coupe was the only choice, i didnt think one would come in budget, but at least the recession is good for something :rolleyes:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/Z4/3.0si-Co/200846190853787/advert

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cyrus wrote: »

test drove thise at the weekend and liked it, took a few days to think and then called them and made a cash offer. got a good cash discount on it and paid a deposit today.

2007 z4 coupe in montego blue with oregon pearl grey leather, nice spec on it too :) 1 owner, 14,000 miles, pics dont show the colour in the best light its a little bit lighter and bluer in the flesh, may not be to everyones taste but ive always had a soft spot for the z4 and since i have decided that a convertible isnt for me the coupe was the only choice, i didnt think one would come in budget, but at least the recession is good for something :rolleyes:

best of luck with it Cyrus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Nice car! Best of luck with it. That colour is my favourite colour on BMW's - looks like Le Mans blue (i think thats what its called) in photos but it's a lot nicer in the flesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

Well done a lot of car for the money. Do you know what the list price was when new out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,907 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Well done a lot of car for the money. Do you know what the list price was when new out of interest?

im nearly sure with extras it would have come in over 70k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

sweet :D best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

im nearly sure with extras it would have come in over 70k :eek:

Smashing, cause normally after 3 years depriciation would be approx 50 'ish%, thus €35k. At €30k and two years you got a very good buy, well done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

I'm shocked that in the current recessionary climate, somoene would...

Just kidding :D Best of luck with it.

More pics when you collect it, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Nice one, always liked the Z4 - soft top would have been for me, but looks stunning! Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Well wear. I think Boardsies should get a discount in Maxwell's at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Wouldn't be mad on the.... Only messing:P I think those Z4 coupes are a fantastic car, very very nice.

Best of luck with it, and many happy days motoring to you.

Edit: ^^^LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

What do you make of the autobox on it?

its pretty good, its no smg but comes with paddles and holds the gears well in sports mode so good for a bit of hooning about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,314 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Class car. Would have had one of them last year but the coupe version was outside my price range, Well down now though

mickdw wrote: »
    Class car. Would have had one of them last year but the coupe version was outside my price range, Well down now though

yep, i remember looking at them last year and 50k was the going rate :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Lovely car, much prefer that over the porche..

might be, but i dont have it :p

actually the z4m is a very raw beast, much more so than the e46 m3, im not sure if itd be for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Sorry Cyrus, i missed the other thread - what happened with the 335i???:confused:

BTW, the Z4 looks the biz. Hope your happy with it!

Sorry Cyrus, i missed the other thread - what happened with the 335i???:confused:

BTW, the Z4 looks the biz. Hope your happy with it!

long story, basically its a repo and the bank have no blocked the sale of it due to a legal action by the former owner :rolleyes: so its a non runner now i reckon

might be, but i dont have it :p

actually the z4m is a very raw beast, much more so than the e46 m3, im not sure if itd be for me

Lol, no I didn't even know there was an "M", and I can't see it representing value for money over what you got.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

long story, basically its a repo and the bank have no blocked the sale of it due to a legal action by the former owner :rolleyes: so its a non runner now i reckon

Very nasty. Best stay away from that one so. I think i'd nearly prefer the Z4 over it anyway. Less of them around.

Lol, no I didn't even know there was an "M", and I can't see it representing value for money over what you could.

ah i get you now,

to a few people itd be worth the extra, if you were a track hound definately, but 12k is a lotta cash nowadays

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I had a 3.0litre Z4 auto before the boxster S. Lovely car really enjoyed it. Dont chuck it around to much as its very tail happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Lovely motor. If it was my money i would be going for the z4 coupe over the convertible every time also. Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Lovely car Cyrus, I'm green with envy!

Have you got any tasteful modifications planned for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Nice car, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Very nice, dont think I have ever seen a Z4 on the road here.Auto is the job too, no reason at all to have a creaky gear box in that!!

What is it 250bhp, turbo injected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cañitas

fantastic looking car.....never even knew there was a coupe version. i used to think the z8 was the nicest looking bmw 2 door but this looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Fantastic looking car Cyrus, well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice car & good choice given your budget and car owner destiny :)

there's plenty time left for Porsches and other exotica ;)

Advertisement