Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City/County Planners - Where is my local Park?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Zuroph wrote:
    lol. seems a bit of investigation would have saved the bother of this whole thread.
    limklad wrote: »
    <With Edits!> There was supposed to be a park in built in Ballykeefe for Raheen and Dooradoyle. With our deep recession, that is on permanent back burner along with their grass cutting severely cut back from 32 times a year to probally 1 or two this year. I have yet to see the council cut any grass this year.
    Zuroph wrote:
    nope. locked.

Zuroph I am not sure which thread you've been reading ?!!?!?!?

Anyway - back on topic - I lived in an Estate off Fr. Russell Rd. in 2004 and received and subsequently filled out a questionnaire asking me what I wanted to be included in this Park.

As far as I can see this park may never materialize......

The original location of the proposed and mythical park has already been completely changed since - Who knows how many developers have lobbied the County Council because they wanted to build crappy Apartments instead..... and who knows how many County Councillors happened to agree with the Developers logic 'cause they wanted to drive 5 series BMWs instead.....

Parents are currently paying Tons of Fun and Formula for Fun et al ~€8-9 per hour per child for the privilige to run and play.

This City is a sickening little hole of a place in so many respects its not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Raiser wrote: »
    Zuroph I am not sure which thread you've been reading ?!!?!?!?

Anyway - back on topic - I lived in an Estate off Fr. Russell Rd. in 2004 and received and subsequently filled out a questionnaire asking me what I wanted to be included in this Park.

As far as I can see this park may never materialize......

The original location of the proposed and mythical park has already been completely changed since - Who knows how many developers have lobbied the County Council because they wanted to build crappy Apartments instead..... and who knows how many County Councillors happened to agree with the Developers logic 'cause they wanted to drive 5 series BMWs instead.....

Parents are currently paying Tons of Fun and Formula for Fun et al ~€8-9 per hour per child for the privilige to run and play.

This City is a sickening little hole of a place in so many respects its not funny.
    i've been reading lots of threads. havent read this one in 2 months though. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Raheen/Dooradoyle is in COUNTY Limerick, they really dont have any regard for landscaping at all..all they want is money, proof is in all the retail and shopping centres in the COUNTY sides of the urban area of limerick..whereas if the metropolitain area of the city was governed by one local authority then things would be a lot different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    Raheen/Dooradoyle is in COUNTY Limerick, they really dont have any regard for landscaping at all..all they want is money, proof is in all the retail and shopping centres in the COUNTY sides of the urban area of limerick..whereas if the metropolitain area of the city was governed by one local authority then things would be a lot different

Ha?

Actually I have been curious ever since Richard Butler put that letter through my door (as above thanks Bullets) at the height of election promises silly season - when needless to say a Politician will swear anything under the Sun is his doing.

- Has anyone out there any idea whether or not Richard Butler has done anything constructive in bringing a Park to The Raheen/Dooradoyle area? I do realise the dumb futility of asking this when its borne in mind that the fcuking Park is currently as real and tangible as a tap-dancing Unicorn.........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Butler will only be interested in building a park if it makes money for him!

• Advertisement
Advertisement