Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funnies

Options
  • 18-04-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

What are the funniest things to have happened to you in class, either intentional or accidental. That's it really. Well, for example, I sat on a paint can lid and went around with a green behind for the year:o good times, it didn't really bother me either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,160 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The whole thing of not eating in class, well, I was having some mint aero. That melts easily enough, and the bubbles inside all but disappear. Somehow, I still managed to choke on the inside part. Still bemuses me to this day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Has any1 ever gone to mass with their class and not be able to stop laughin?

Always happens to me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There were many moments when my friend Aideen used to space out in class, and then when the teacher would say "page eighteen" or "question eighteen" she'd say "I AM LISTENING MISS!"

Or there was this old-as in, in her eighties old-nun who used to be drafted in to do sub work and would spend the whole class making us read prayers or poems. Trouble was, she didn't know any of our names, and she had very thick glasses, so we'd never know who she was looking at. So she'd point at people and say "read that now" and the two people in the desk she was pointing at would poke each other and whisper "she's talking to you, read you idiot! Read!"

Or the time one of our teachers drafted us in to do a clean up of the playground and the park down the road for the tidy towns. She handed out latex gloves for this, but somehow (she was bat **** insane), got it into her head after the clean up was done that someone had stolen exactly half of the box of latex gloves (it said x amount of gloves on the front and she read it as x amount of pairs of gloves) and roared at the whole class for being "lying, robbing little demons!" and called peoples parents in to give out to them about it :confused: she was a grade A retard, how she was left in charge of children I'll never know, she used to come in wearing odd shoes and back to front skirts and everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Has any1 ever gone to mass with their class and not be able to stop laughin?

Always happens to me:p

Yup, me too!! Once, me and my friends were sitting behind a nun at a school mass, and she had half of her skirt tucked into her knickers :p we were in stitches the whole way through!!

O my god we're all going to hell.....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Yup, me too!! Once, me and my friends were sitting behind a nun at a school mass, and she had half of her skirt tucked into her knickers :p we were in stitches the whole way through!!

O my god we're all going to hell.....:o

Yup. I was in the oratory with my class havin a class mass.

The priest did whatever he does and sat beside me. I just started burstin out laughin.

Then th teacher sticks on some cd with all religous songs, the funniest thing I've ever listened too. Was some country singer singing " He will come , He will come" or something and I was in stitches, rite beside the priest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Down with this sort of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Then th teacher sticks on some cd with all religous songs, the funniest thing I've ever listened too. Was some country singer singing " He will come , He will come" or something and I was in stitches, rite beside the priest!

Similiar thing happened to me... The chaplain of my old school (who wasn't actually a priest just a real dry devoutly Catholic fella, who would have made a perfect priest) came to my class looking for volunteers for 'Eucharistic Adoration' which basically involves sitting around in silence looking at communion wafers hoping for some kind of miracle to happen. When nobody volunteers he says a few of us will be 'Russian Volunteers' (aka forced to do it) and we sat in the oratory... Then on comes this christian country music with Banjos :pac: We laughed so much adoration was cancelled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

she used to come in wearing odd shoes
    I did that once :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I did that once :o

This was not a once off though. People pointed it out and she kept it up as a matter of principle/insanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i've a really nerdy one.

in french class my teacher asked me what "tomber en panne" means and i said to fall into bread.......................it meant to break down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

LOL. Did she say it or write it? If she wrote it and asks you to translate you have no real explanation why you did it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

2 of my friends and I recited "Bohemian Rhapsody", in full, with actions, in one of our English lectures last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

giggsy664 wrote: »
    LOL. Did she say it or write it? If she wrote it and asks you to translate you have no real explanation why you did it

WELL, she was going around the class asking them....and we all had the sheets out in front of us....... :) i have no excuse to be totally honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Funniest thing ever happend in skool waz in french 1 day..
    Me mate was givin out about doin badminton in PE

Me mate:Sir it's stupid like we all wanna do soccer bu she makes us do badminton nd all dis crap!
    Teacher:Ah Jasus will ya ever stop complainin, when we were younger we would have gone out to the football pitch in our boxers if we were allowed do PE.
    Mate:Sure dats all we want ta do
    Whole class:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Mate:*goin red* no, go out 2 da football pitch not go out in our boxers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

During TY i had to get up infront of my spainsh class and dance salsa because i had taken it up for the year, my teacher joined in..

Another time a girl in my class was standing on the lid of the toilet and accidentally broke it, her foot was soaked and stuck in the toilet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I was shaking this tube of paint to try and force the paint to come out and the lid fell off and went all over me. It was lovely bright white paint on my black shoes and grey trousers.

Dman001 wrote: »
    I was shaking this tube of paint to try and force the paint to come out and the lid fell off and went all over me. It was lovely bright white paint on my black shoes and grey trousers.
    Shaking a tube of white paint. Suuuuure you were :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Senile old teacher I had for history in 1st-3rd year and French in 5th year ws excellent fun:
    (Pointing to my friend) Her: "You, stand up now"
    Friend: "I can't miss, I have a broken arm"
    (Turns and points at me) Her: "Ok you stand up instead"
    Me: "What, that makes no sense, it's not my fault his arm is broken"
    Her: "But you're talking back to me now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Similiar thing happened to me... The chaplain of my old school (who wasn't actually a priest just a real dry devoutly Catholic fella, who would have made a perfect priest) came to my class looking for volunteers for 'Eucharistic Adoration' which basically involves sitting around in silence looking at communion wafers hoping for some kind of miracle to happen.

Seriously? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

It's embarrassing anytime I laugh! I do this weird shrieky thing that sounds like... Idk, a rabbit being attacked from behind? It's pretty horrific.

And I've done the whole 'call a teacher mam' thing. In my case, my (male) maths teacher.

Oh, and in French class one day, my friend pulled my chair out from under me when I went to sit down. Needless to say, WHACK!

I fell asleep during a general assembley of the model united nations (it was a big one, not some little one in my school). Loads of pictures! I'm not the only one asleep in the photos though lol.

Can't think of anything else too embarrassing at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I fell asleep during a general assembley of the model united nations (it was a big one, not some little one in my school). Loads of pictures! I'm not the only one asleep in the photos though lol.

SAIMUN/Croydon? I know what you mean though. They can be horrible. Thank god for note passing.

The best things happened in chemistry. One time, a teacher walked in asking for a X. Our teacher says no there isn't an X here but X has had this teacher for 5 years now and was sitting in open view. After that, we made loads of jokes about him not existing.

Another time, some guy forgot to turn on his reflux apparatus (:cool:) and I watched the fumes slowly come out. They ignited and his whole area was in flames. We made fun of him for being an idiot after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I was cleaning up after cooking chicken curry in home ec. I forgot to turn off the hob and was spooning my curry from the pot into my lunchbox.
    The worktop was covered with dirty dishes and i had nowhere to put my lunchbox so I placed it on the hob.
    It melted all over it. I ended up having to scrub the hob covered in melted hard plastic after school.:P

My friend got pantsed in PE. God help her. I had to let out a laugh though. Thank god it wasnt me!

My friend got pantsed in PE. God help her. I had to let out a laugh though. Thank god it wasnt me!
    That happened to me in the at the security checkpoint i birmingham airport.
    Least it proved I wasnt concealing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Fringe wrote: »
    SAIMUN/Croydon? I know what you mean though. They can be horrible. Thank god for note passing.

No, Munol in Germany. It was awesome, mainly because they organised nights in the local pubs and sh*t for us- with no teachers, etc.
    Yeah, and thank god they all speak English lol!

I can't think of anything else really embarrassing...but I did have a superglue stain in a suspect spot on my skirt for the last year and a half.... :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

messing winking at a friend and the teacher thinking she was being winked at (all girls school) she was quite worried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭evil-yoda

a teacher got mad at us for messing, she asked us a question, we asked her to repeat it.
    She start shouting over and over "I AM NOT A PARROT, I DO NOT REPEAT MYSELF! I AM NOT A PARROT, I DO NOT REPEAT MYSELF"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I've two really funny things my friend said to the Vice Principal at the end of last year.

He was standing in for physics one day. He was asking us questions about radioactivity which we hadn't covered yet, so he said "I can't hear anybody telling me the answer!" My friend muttered "that's cos you're old." The class all heard it and and had to struggle not to burst out laughing!
    Another time, I was standing in the hall with my girlfriend after school, after we had finished all the mocks, and she kissed me quickly, and he saw us. So he came over and started giving out saying something about being in school, and I firmly kept holding her hand, and my friend shouts out "Don't worry James, he's only jealous!" Everyone who heard it just burst out laughing, even the repeats year head who he was talking to before that. Silly man!

2 exellent moments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

We were in P.E class and the teacher was explaining the rules of badminton and how to play. My mate though he'd be cheeky and goes

''So the lads serve the cock to the girls?''

:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

About 4 days ago, An File and I were sitting in Prep for Teaching Practice. Along comes the religion lecturer. Anyway the lecturer is going on about how you can use juggling to help get a point across (don't ask) at which point she asks the 300 or so people gathered there can anyone juggle.

About 30 seconds of awkward silence ensues when suddenly An File, being the wonderfully helpful person he is, screams out "PAUL CAN JUGGLE" and points to me. At which point I am coerced into coming to the front of the hall to juggle for EVERYONE. Bloody An File! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I don't think I've posted in this forum before, so here goes:

Erm in Mass a few months back (Corpus Christi I think), me and this girl were sitting behind the headmistress.
    This lad across the way, he's 'special', was roaring to himself silently, making a face that looked like he was screaming "roooooooaaaaarrr!" but with no noise. When he started the eat his tie, I burst out laughing.
    Jesus the bollicking I got for that.

I got called impotent by my maths teacher. Never had any explanation for that one.

Had a female supply teacher in badminton a few months ago.
    "No Tom.. you're doing it do hard. You need to be gentle"
    "Yeah, that's what all the girls say" (they don't, there've been no girls :o:p)
    *glare from Teacher*

Advertisement