Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the loch ness monster real ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Loch Ness monster is real and as soon as he/she gets their 3-fiddy then it will disappear :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

There are either Loch Ness Monsters or one very old monster. If it was some type of air breathing creature it should be seen a lot more often due to it having to surface to breathe and the numbers required for a breeding population.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

I don't think it's a air breathing creature otherwise we did have caught him by now. It might come up for other specific reasons unknown to us till now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Duff wrote: »
    I thought Cryptozoology fell under paranormal?

It is definatly possible that something lives in the loch, its big enough, deep enough and has enough food to support large creatures living there. The problem for me would be the large differences in individual witnesses descriptions of the creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

steddyeddy wrote: »
    It is definatly possible that something lives in the loch, its big enough, deep enough and has enough food to support large creatures living there. The problem for me would be the large differences in individual witnesses descriptions of the creature.

Possible but not very likely - there has never been any solid evidence produced that there is anything unusual living in that loch.

• Advertisement

jpm4 wrote: »
    Possible but not very likely - there has never been any solid evidence produced that there is anything unusual living in that loch.

True I would agree with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

A new sighting, August 2013.

> > > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2402134/Could-finally-proof-Nessie-exists-Amateur-photographer-snaps-large-black-object-moving-beneath-waters-Loch-Ness.html

article-2402134-1B7795ED000005DC-391_634x391.jpg

As usual with Nessie there is a questionmark? Is it a wave/large ripple on the surface, or what . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's a wave. Looks like from a turning boat.

There is no way that a breeding population of an animal as big as Nessie is reputed to be could remain undiscovered in Loch Ness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hasn't the entire lake been sonar combed, & nothing was found?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hasn't the entire lake been sonar combed, & nothing was found?

Sonar contacts where found at some point but nothing substantial followed the investigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I didn't think they found anything that would lead them to believe it was more than a sunken log.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Lads, lads... You're complicating things with your facts and your science. The Daily Mail wouldn't still be talking about it if it wasn't true.

kylith wrote: »
    I didn't think they found anything that would lead them to believe it was more than a sunken log.

Really depends on the sonar used.

Actually just looked it up:
    One sweep of the loch made contact with a strong, animate echo for nearly three minutes just north of Foyers. The identity of the contact remains a mystery. Later analysis determined that the intensity of the returning echo was twice as great as that expected from a 10-foot (3 m) pilot whale. On returning to the University of Chicago, biologist Roy Mackal and colleagues subjected the sonar data to greater scrutiny and confirmed dimensions of 20 feet (6 m)

Could be a known animal or an unknown animal. We don't know. I personally don't see enough evidence to propose a new animal but I'm open minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

PJW wrote: »
    was'nt nessy confirmed as an ellie?

Wow this thread is 4 years old now, just looking at all the banned posters, lol.

Anyway as I said back then......

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0309_0603009_loch_ness.html

Advertisement