Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the loch ness monster real ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

is it a danger to people ?

A real danger to tourists pockets I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Moved from Conspiracy Theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

If it's a thought to be extinct reptile it should be seen more often as there would need ot be dozens for a breeding population and they would need ot surface regularly to breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Scotlands too cold for reptiles so I say no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah, but, Dinosaurs became birds, so its possible that it might be some Distant cousin of the Penguins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

come on ! who is the drunkest perssoon here?? lough ness monster??wtf:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

6th wrote: »
    Moved from Conspiracy Theories.

Loch ness monster is a conspiracy theory not a paranormal scene.:rolleyes:

Shakes head

mysterious wrote: »
    Loch ness monster is a conspiracy theory not a paranormal scene.:rolleyes:

Shakes head

HaHa. Yes and the Government are using ghosts to spy on us in our homes. :rolleyes:

HaHa. Yes and the Government are using ghosts to spy on us in our homes. :rolleyes:

Remote viewing !!

I think you missed the point,

Loch ness commotion is not a paranormal term. Seems like you were bored, and move threads like it's a hobby.

I have no idea what your above post was about.
    Seriously Loch ness is more suited for conspiracy. It is basically a theory. If it were true that it exist then it would not be anything of spiritual/ghostly nature now would it:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I think you missed the point,

Loch ness commotion is not a paranormal term. Seems like you were bored, and move threads like it's a hobby.

I have no idea what your above post was about.
    Seriously Loch ness is more suited for conspiracy. It is basically a theory. If it were true that it exist then it would not be anything of spiritual/ghostly nature now would it:rolleyes:

I thought Cryptozoology fell under paranormal?

Loch ness commotion is not a paranormal term.

In fact its not a term at all.

Duff wrote: »
    I thought Cryptozoology fell under paranormal?

It does. For about 99.99% of people with an interest in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

study of hidden animals.

or

The study of creatures, whose existence has not been substantiated.

or

the study of evidence tending to substantiate the existence of, or the search for, creatures whose reported existence is unproved.

Since they've actually discovered and proven the existence of previously forgotten/undiscovered/unclassified creatures (such as small leaf deer,rhinos,hobbits<lol> and sharks) i wouldnt be so quick to discard or ridicule cryptozoology or cryptozoologists...or at least not as much as other so called pseudo sciences.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Yes it's real.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Can we please keep this on-topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I dont think so.Loch Ness has long being associated with being home to large mythical creatures.It has been mentioned since the time of St.Columba(565AD),that will inevitably lead to some sort of precedent.
      Many lakes across the globe are said to be inhabited a type of hereto unknown class of creature.
      Lakes have and will be always regarded as enchanting places thus its not hard to imagine them being home to mysterious creatures.
      It would be sweet though!

There is no lock ness monster its a money scam. An animal of it's size cannot surivive there, it's too cold, and there isn't an ecosystem to sustain such a beast. It's a freshwater lake for crying out loud.

I looked into this, the only signifance of it, is the amount of money this nonsenses makes.

Deception isn't knew to humanity:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

It's about as real as the leprechauns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just a log in the Loch :( It would be so cool if it was real though

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

was'nt nessy confirmed as an ellie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

"Monster" is so 60's, a think a name change is in order, it's unfair on the creature at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

And penguins fly :D

Oh wow what do you know they do :eek:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxmpihCjqw

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MooseJam wrote: »
      "Monster" is so 60's, a think a name change is in order, it's unfair on the creature at best
      But "creature" is so 50s. Maybe he would like to be called the artist formerly known as Nessie.

Its hardly a conspiracy theory though, unless you also consider kissing the blarney stone part of a conspiracy. Its a money maker, like all theme parks and resorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

It appears Loch Ness monster is real for the news has once again erupted of their existence toraise the attention of Cryptozoologists and common masses alike. This time in Alaska. Check the link given below:
      http://news.discovery.com/animals/sea-serpent-sighting-alaska-hillstranded-110718.html

_______
      To mods if I have wrongly bumped this old thread than please remove my post. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is an old legend of a lake monster in Lough Sheelin spotted around 1910

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

meryem wrote: »
      It appears Loch Ness monster is real for the news has once again erupted of their existence toraise the attention of Cryptozoologists and common masses alike. This time in Alaska. Check the link given below:
      http://news.discovery.com/animals/sea-serpent-sighting-alaska-hillstranded-110718.html
      It looks like a wave to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I thought it was settled that Nessie is a landlocked eel? they can grow to 3 metres , possibly more and can live to be at least 80 years of age. A quick google will bring up photos and clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Yeah but we people still have to catch the live animal body for scientific proofing purposes.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I thought it was settled that Nessie is a landlocked eel? they can grow to 3 metres , possibly more and can live to be at least 80 years of age. A quick google will bring up photos and clips.

A land locked eel can indeed grow to a very big size could easily be mistaken for poart of a much larger animal is it was seen in shallow waters.

Another potential suspect would be a sturgeon or a number of sturgeon. The species of Sturgeon, Acipenser sturio which used to frequent UK waters and coasts is almost extinct now, but it is a fish that could reach 14 foot in length, and a number could easily have survived over time in Loch Ness.

To give an idea of scale, the pic below is of a closely related species.

p-Sturgeon-Fishing-BC-Canada2.jpg

Now imagine a fish maybe six feet longer than the one in the pic and a few hundred pound heavier, and you get an animal that could create swells when near the surface and that would look massive to most folk, and is also a creature that would not be spotted very often as it generally is a bottom feeder.

Now also factor in that the species of sturgeon in the picture has recently been found in UK waters after one came up a river, and factor in that that species, Acipenser oxyrinchus, has been recorded to length over 15 foot and to weights of close to 1,000lbs.

They also can live to over 100 years and some real giants in the Sturgeon have been caught in the Caspian sea which were around the 20ft and 4,500lbs mark. The Russian species have also been found in UK rivers.

Advertisement