Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's new scum...

Options
  • 17-04-2009 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

http://www.dspca.ie/news_item.php?number=1651&type=News&archive=No

You know the country you live in is in is infested with drug ridden cockroach scum when this happens. Must be nice people living up in that area these days...
    18:30, 23 March 09, Dublin: Dublin SPCA veterinary team was forced to euthanize a dog following a shooting in the North Road, off Ashbourne Road in Dublin earlier this afternoon. The dog received a gunshot in the leg at 12:40pm today – the dog was shot in the vicinity of Ashbourne Road and limped terrified and severely injured into a nearby Garden Centre who called the Dublin SPCA and Gardai.

Gardaí attended the scene following the reporting of gun fire, and they are making investigations.

Dublin SPCA Ambulance Driver Lisa Kemp attended the scene and managed to rescue the terrified animal from under some decking where it was cowering. Ms Kemp saw that the animal’s leg was severely injured and it was loosing a large amount of blood.

The dog, a German Shepherd cross, approx 13 years old, was rushed to Dublin SPCA shelter in Rathfarnham where the veterinary team attempted to treat animal. The veterinary team assessed that given the severity of injury, which was consistent with gunshot, the huge loss of blood, the age of the dog and its overall ill health; it was decided that most humane treatment was to euthanize the animal.

Orla Aungier, Communications Manager, Dublin SPCA this afternoon expressed the society’s revulsion: “This is a barbaric act of cruelty to an innocent, mal-treated animal. With the escalation in gun crime, it is inevitable that innocents will become victims. What kind of individual shoots a dog in the leg – it is a sorry indictment of our society. The Gardai and support services are under overwhelming pressure due to the increased number of guns on the streets. Today it was an innocent dog that lost her life due to guns. Tomorrow it could be a child. We would call on anyone who knows anything about this heinous crime to contact Dublin SPCA or the Gardaí.”
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

i feel so sad when i see animal cruely and when human scum turn animal into evil creatures. oh gawd sometimes i hate this humanity. maby we should be blown off the face of this earth, and stop destroying this planet? what ya think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

someone should shoot them knacks in the legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Lambing / gun ready farmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

It's not new. Worked there for a summer 10 years ago. This is relatively bland. There was a horse which had been ridden through barbed wire. It was far from the worst. There were two horses which stank from the rotten flesh in their wounds, so weak they would collapse, bags of bones with bulging eyes and severe diarrhea. People's attitudes changed from pity to disgust generally whn they saw them. Very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Today it was an innocent dog that lost her life due to guns. Tomorrow it could be a child. We would call on anyone who knows anything about this heinous crime to contact Dublin SPCA or the Gardaí.”

Won't SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN :eek: :rolleyes:

I'd prefer a bit more background info on this OP. What if the German Shephard had attacked a child?

• Advertisement

i feel so sad when i see animal cruely and when human scum turn animal into evil creatures. oh gawd sometimes i hate this humanity. maby we should be blown off the face of this earth, and stop destroying this planet? what ya think

Yes, I vote for mankind to be eradicated immediately. Should put a stop to all this shooting dogs in the leg carry-on.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

The end is what it does to the mixed economy. The first broke down in the wake of often violent protests against the government. Under the impact of the enormous wealth generated in patches of the present, and the European communist political systems with it, the second is breaking down before our eyes in the years since Mary Robinson. Can they get decently paid jobs or jobs at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

sick bastards should be shot themselves.

The end is what it does to the mixed economy. The first broke down in the wake of often violent protests against the government. Under the impact of the enormous wealth generated in patches of the present, and the European communist political systems with it, the second is breaking down before our eyes in the years since Mary Robinson. Can they get decently paid jobs or jobs at all?

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

no offense but it's just a dog, would we be having the same reaction if the guy shot an actual human being ? having that said the poor thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

seanybiker wrote: »
    sick bastards should be shot themselves.

Wow, a dumb animal got shot. Let us go now and kill all the humans responsible before Sarah Connors gets here and messes it all up...

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    no offense but it's just a dog, would we be having the same reaction if the guy shot an actual human being ? having that said the poor thing
    Humans can talk so maybe if someone gets shot they might have deserved it. Although if someone shoots a deaf mute who cant write then I would go mad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Cruelty to animals is something that f*cks me off in a big way. If domesticated, their first instinct is to come up to you and be nice. I can remember scumbags when i was growing up finding a cat and throwing it up in the air as high as they could to see what happened. I was younger and in no position of influence so it pissed me off to see that but people who hurt harmless animals should be made to bite the kerb. Of course agricultural issues with foxes and sheep is a different issue but kicking the sh1t out of cats in an urban area is disgraceful and I'd happily watch the merciless beating of someone who indulges in that sort of behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Humans can talk so maybe if someone gets shot they might have deserved it. Although if someone shoots a deaf mute who cant write then I would go mad

what if the deaf mute was attacking them ? self defense !

oh if ifs and buts were candy and nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Can't agree with you there, you obviously don't have a dog. This is really sad news, I can't bear to think of it happening to my labrador, I'd be in bits. I genuinely hope whoever did this shoots himself in the head or gets shot by someone, someone like that doesn't deserve to live.

what if the deaf mute was attacking them ? self defense !

oh if ifs and buts were candy and nuts.
    Ah well thats different of course.

humans are just animals as well, so have a bit of respect for our cousins please. hope the god will be ok. r.i.p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

humans are just animals as well, so have a bit of respect for our cousins please. hope the god will be ok. r.i.p

K. Wtf?

Annnddd, we're mammals.

we are biologically animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

You've definitely never grown up with a dog.

In the majority of cases I'd much, much rather have a dog around than people (hell, I prefer my dogs to most of my family), dogs won't screw you over, betray you, are consistently delighted to be in your company, and are altogether probably the coolest, sweetest damn animals on the planet.

People can feck off for hurting them when all they've ever done is love us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Crackerspray

Abigayle wrote: »
    K. Wtf?

Annnddd, we're mammals.

Mammals are animals too? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I like dogs and animal cruelty annoys me greatly, but this isn't the news story that proves Ireland is infested with scum. There has been much worse news stories lately.

Some of replies have been crazy:
    liah wrote: »

There has been many cases of dogs hurting people and even some of dogs killing people. Obviously not a high precentage, but its there

Humans can talk so maybe if someone gets shot they might have deserved it.

This is the biggest load of cock i have heard in quite some time. Take me and you for example, what could i possibly say to you that would result in me deserving to be killed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

In the majority of cases I'd much, much rather have a dog around than people (hell, I prefer my dogs to most of my family), dogs won't screw you over, betray you, are consistently delighted to be in your company, and are altogether probably the coolest, sweetest damn animals on the planet.

Couldn't agree more Liah. When I go walking up in the mountains, I bring my dog with me, and I turn the phone off. I could count on one hand the number of people I've met in life who can offer even the same degree of companionship as my dog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

There has been many cases of dogs hurting people and even some of dogs killing people. Obviously not a high precentage, but its there

Not as high a percentage of humans that kill humans. And just like it is true for humans, you'll find that it's only certain breeds of dogs that you could say have a track record of causing human deaths.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Does anybody know who i can contact to have some horses taken away?
    there''s some little shiits near me have a horse sitting in a grass verge for the last two weeks without water or anything.
    I'd dearly love to shoot the bastards but itd be kinder to have the horse taken off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

From the DSPCA website:
    What kind of individual shoots a dog in the leg – it is a sorry indictment of our society.

Bad aim, that's all it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

KeyLimePie wrote:

Dogs > People tbh.
    Degsy wrote: »
    Does anybody know who i can contact to have some horses taken away?
    there''s some little shiits near me have a horse sitting in a grass verge for the last two weeks without water or anything.
    I'd dearly love to shoot the bastards but itd be kinder to have the horse taken off them.

Report them to the ISPCA, maybe? Or even the Gardai.

Most people dont..unless you're the founder of Rome or something.

Dogs > People tbh.

Report them to the ISPCA, maybe? Or even the Gardai.

Nah,there's a part of DCC that deals with horses but i cant find them in the phonebook.
    Poxy school holidays leads to an explosion of scum buying horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Dogs > People tbh

Oh f*ck, not this old chestnut again...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement