Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Years Ago, Were the Jews the Muslims of today.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

ckristo2 wrote: »
    Finally 100 Y.A. the Jewish people of course had no country at all and today many Muslims feel that the various countries from which they come are not happy places. Many feel they are either hopelessly compromised morally and economically with the west (or in the case of the Central Asian states with Russia) who wish to dominates them politically and economically (the Saudis are universally despised by many Muslims not only for their drunkeness and gambling but for their kowtowing to America in particular) And on the other hand they see fanatical Islamic states such as Iran where few educated secular Muslims would care to live.
    In short Jews 100 Y.A. no country. For many Muslims today countries they don't want to live in.

What utter bilge.

Jews always had a 'country'. Its the country they lived in before being forced to leave or fleeing (in my own particular family's case it was Greece).
    Ignoring your entirely baseless generalism (probably based on one or two quotes during a google or wiki search) about the Saudis, you clearly have no idea about non-Arabic Islamic countries such as Iran. Iran in its cities has a huge educated middle-class. They are not entirely secular but a large section of them are and pro-western hence the lump support for Ahmadinijad's opposition. This idea that the secular side of Iran all live in exile is getting very tiresome ineed. There are over 300,000 Jews living there ffs. In Iran...the country with the most famous antisemite living today in charge (and just re-elected)!

You are also spouting baseless assumptions that muslims living in Europe "mainly" want to live either 'back home' (:rolleyes:) or in a Sharia state/Caliphate.

You've got a hell of a lot more than 10 years reading and travelling to do, fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

What utter bilge.

Jews always had a 'country'. Its the country they lived in before being forced to leave or fleeing (in my own particular family's case it was Greece).
    Ignoring your entirely baseless generalism (probably based on one or two quotes during a google or wiki search) about the Saudis, you clearly have no idea about non-Arabic Islamic countries such as Iran. Iran in its cities has a huge educated middle-class. They are not entirely secular but a large section of them are and pro-western hence the lump support for Ahmadinijad's opposition. This idea that the secular side of Iran all live in exile is getting very tiresome ineed. There are over 300,000 Jews living there ffs. In Iran...the country with the most famous antisemite living today in charge (and just re-elected)!

You are also spouting baseless assumptions that muslims living in Europe "mainly" want to live either 'back home' (:rolleyes:) or in a Sharia state/Caliphate.

You've got a hell of a lot more than 10 years reading and travelling to do, fella.
    " There are over 300,000 Jews living there ffs. " Interesting, a side of Iran that ofcourse is blocked out from us here in the great west :rolleyes:
    " What utter bilge. Jews always had a 'country'. " Totally agree, this BS about returning to their ' country ' after been exiled for 2,000 years :mad: If that's the case, maybe those who have a fraction of Viking roots should be going back to ' their country ' such as Sweden, Norway etc

McArmalite wrote: »
    " There are over 300,000 Jews living there ffs. " Interesting, a side of Iran that ofcourse is blocked out from us here in the great west :rolleyes:
    Not "blocked" at all. Only on BBC News the other night actually. Been mentioned in mainstream "western" media plenty of times as well as any credible mainstream literature about the country.
    McArmalite wrote: »
    " What utter bilge. Jews always had a 'country'. " Totally agree, this BS about returning to their ' country ' after been exiled for 2,000 years :mad: If that's the case, maybe those who have a fraction of Viking roots should be going back to ' their country ' such as Sweden, Norway etc
    You miss the point yet again, fella (quelle surprise :rolleyes:) but I'll oblige your misled post with this: Why do you think Jews felt the necessity to up sticks and look for somewhere else to live in the first place? Had being treated like sh*t on a shoe not been the case, they wouldn't have moved elsewhere, now would they?

Not "blocked" at all. Only on BBC News the other night actually. Been mentioned in mainstream "western" media plenty of times as well as any credible mainstream literature about the country.
    Ooohhh..........touched a raw nerve now haven't I :) And it was on BBC news the other night. Ah sure I believe you but thousands wouldn't. And I'll bet that if I was at dinner break and I mentioned the crisis in Iran and said to the others " Do you know how many Jews live in Iran" I'm sure they would all instantly say 300,000 :rolleyes:
    You miss the point yet again, fella (quelle surprise :rolleyes:) but I'll oblige your misled post with this: Why do you think Jews felt the necessity to up sticks and look for somewhere else to live in the first place? Had being treated like sh*t on a shoe not been the case, they wouldn't have moved elsewhere, now would they?
    A lot of minority's are mistreated in every society, but they don't go back to ' their country ' where they are supposed to have come from 2,000 years ago :rolleyes: But then I suppose you'll tell me that God is an estate agent who looks on favourably of the Jews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If you asked people how many Jews lived in Ireland most wouldn't know. Let's try and keep this civil people or thread goes bye bye. Mod.

• Advertisement

If you asked people how many Jews lived in Ireland most wouldn't know. Let's try and keep this civil people or thread goes bye bye. Mod.
    Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ckristo2

Perhaps the best way of getting the thread back on track is to focus on HOW PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT JEWS 100 Y.A. AND HOW PEOPLE THINK ABOUT MUSLIMS TODAY.
    In other words perception.

The playwright Arthur Miller wrote in the 1930's about his frusteration with both the American government and the democratic governments of Europe in ignoring (and in some cases even assisting ) the persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany.
    Many people today feel the same governments of the same countries are behaving in exactly the same way in the face of persecution of the Palestinians (Ironically at the hands of the state formed from the ashes of Nazi atrocities, but that's a whole other story)
    100 Y.A. the Jews had no state and suffered persecution. Today the Palestinians have no state and while they DO NOT SUFFER THE SAME PERSECUTION AS THE JEWS DID 100 Y.A. As a nation they are being virtually extinguished by the Israel
    100 Y.A. there was much talk of a "Jewish Problem."
    Today there is the problem of the Middle East which is a code for The Palestinian Problem.
    100 Y.A. many Political Jews channelled their anger into radical left wing groups and what today would be called terrorist organisations.
    Today political Muslims channel their anger into radical religious organisations and what today ARE called terrorist organisations.
    There are no direct comparisons between Jews 100 Y.A. and Muslims today but as far as politics and the unhappy state of the Palestinians are concerned there are some striking similarities.

The only comparison would be the similarity in your not only confusing Jews and Israelis but Muslims and Palestinians.

Your shift from your original scenario to the Arab/Israeli wars also indicates some tacky straw clutching too.

If this whole meshuganah is about how people think of Muslims today and how people thought of Jews a century ago then again, as you admit yourself, no they are not "the Jews of today".

Thread locked for being....well, whatever it is, I'm not sure at this stage.

The OP asked if they could include some final thoughts in an effort to clarify their position. The thread will not be re-opened but here is what they had to say.
    From ckristo2;
    ckristo2 wrote:
    "Muslims today are attempting to forge a nation but it has no geographical location. It exists where ever Muslims live. It is in their behaviour their pride and of course their religion.
    It says we are Muslims, don't mess with us. We are your equals.
    100 Y.A. Jews were also forging a nation which had a very definite location the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judea.
    It said we are Jews we are proud and we are your equals.
    Religion was at the fuel for these two endeavours and of course the Jews have succeeded it remains to be seen will the Muslims do the same."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement