Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard of dealing - rake gripes at City West

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

NickyOD wrote: »
    That's not really a very good reason to make the ruling, but in the hand above the player who was supposedly punished the most saved himself €800.
    That is pure results based thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i wonder how a thread on here would go of all the dealers posting about bad play and poor play etc etc from players...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

ditpoker wrote: »
    i wonder how a thread on here would go of all the dealers posting about bad play and poor play etc etc from players

Its called the Holdem HHs & Theory forum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

i wonder how a thread on here would go of all the dealers posting about bad play and poor play etc etc from players...
    Or about every time a player had no understanding of the rules and ****ed up a hand, making life incredibly awkward for the dealer?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If dealers were paying for the services of players then they would be entitled to, but they are not. Players however are charged for a dealer dealt game so it is reasonable to expect competent dealers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

isn't that a std rule; when u act out of turn you lose your option for that round of betting?

I thought about this scenario some more and after coming across a similar situaiton tonight it has dawned on me that the clubs enforcing this rule are totally misinterpretting the reasoning behind it.

When you check out of turn you must take that action when it is your turn but that doesn't mean you lose the option to raise for the entire round of betting.

I can see where the ruling came from, and I can give you a perfect example. You are heads up and you intentionally check out of turn to induce a bet, then you decide to raise. Clearly this is somethng that should not be aloud as it's blatant coffee-housing, This is where the ruling came from, but it has no effect whatsoever on players who have yet to act behind you and there is no real advantage that can be gained from it.

Advertisement