Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

designers working together idea?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Perfectly appreciate the above reply, the most important part is getting together. How about meeting together at the Spire in O'Connell Street some at the time that would suit you most?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Is this still open to more people?

I am actually currently employed by an Insurance Company as a marketing designer - mostly brochure design & print etc so hardly what I'd call pushing the boundaries.

Would love to meet some of you guys and see what idea's can be brought up, and maybe get my creative side oiled.

I also have a bit of legal background, and have close ties with many advisors / solicitors etc so could help sort out any of the business startup issues.

Also have a good idea for getting the group mingling with others, sort of self promotion type of thing if you're interested - a meet and greet with many other professionals. Look up 'connector.ie' - I know one of the guys who runs it.

Anyway, would be interested in meeting up, offering any input I can, be it from design / idea's / business viewpoint.

Anything to help and be involved really.

Is this still open to more people?

I am actually currently employed by an Insurance Company as a marketing designer - mostly brochure design & print etc so hardly what I'd call pushing the boundaries.

Would love to meet some of you guys and see what idea's can be brought up, and maybe get my creative side oiled.

I also have a bit of legal background, and have close ties with many advisors / solicitors etc so could help sort out any of the business startup issues.

Also have a good idea for getting the group mingling with others, sort of self promotion type of thing if you're interested - a meet and greet with many other professionals. Look up 'connector.ie' - I know one of the guys who runs it.

Anyway, would be interested in meeting up, offering any input I can, be it from design / idea's / business viewpoint.

Anything to help and be involved really.

Excellent - would you have free time between 29th of May and 5th of June, for a quick meetup?

Excellent - would you have free time between 29th of May and 5th of June, for a quick meetup?

Should be available - if I'm not away.

But send me a PM anyway, and if I cannot make it between those dates, I'll certainly let you know.

A new exciting business venture I think is exactly whats needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I've been following this from the start to see how it would go. I'm quite intruiged about joining up. I'm a photographer (link in sig) and web designer mostly focused on clean standard reliant Xhtml/css. Let me know what's happening as I'd like to attend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

We've business premises in Terenure but I've no availability to hold meeting before June 5th!

KJT that's great photography, will be in contact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Well someone set a date and time and place or something. I'll turn up whenever and wherever it's on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Well someone set a date and time and place or something. I'll turn up whenever and wherever it's on. :D

Cheers Hank, see you then and there!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

hi folks,
    just spotted this thread tonight.. im quite interested, hold a degree in ID interest in furniture design & manufacture, and post grad, business/marketing/intellectual property knowledge..and few years experience in proto-typing..
    id love to be involved and hopefully contribute..
    meet & greet and preliminary brainstorming would be a good kick start point..
    can you please pm me and keep me posted on where when etc.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Hey Peoples been watching this thread, Id like to throw my hat in the ring also working in design, mostly for print but would like to try some new exciting deign stuff rather than the same old stuff. Based in Dublin myself near city centre so any evening time would be grand so whenever suits everyone else??

• Advertisement

How does Tuesday the 6th of June at 6/7pm in the city centre. We'll find a nice café or something similar?

kjt wrote: »
    How does Tuesday the 6th of June at 6/7pm in the city centre. We'll find a nice café or something similar?

Off hand, it seems that date would suit me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CU-Cme

That date works out fine - how about the extension of the Library Bar in exchequer st? Its a quite bar and may be appropriate for our needs - if people want I can enquire whether they would be amenable to let us all meet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭susy

Hi,

Sorry for being so absent from this for a while, I blame eircom and their pulling apart of broadband lines. Very happy to see so many people interested in meeting up and

I have a small issue with the 6th of June, it doesnt exist! So maybe the 2nd or 9th would suit people, since Tuesday evening seems like a good plan in general.

The Exchequer bar place sounds like a good idea to me or perhaps the Science Gallery cafe, its open til 8 these days, if people object to a bar, Im perfectly happy either way.

Let me know what date seems to work best and Ill pm everyone whos been on the thread to invite along, and hopefully we can get something interesting for us all up and going a bit :)

Oops, my bad with the date. The 2nd sounds good, I won't be in the country on the 9th

Coolio, lets go with the 2nd so, otherwise this could turn into a long stream of debating dates, Im happy to meet people who cant make that day another time, so hopefully no one will feel left out.

Venue opinions anyone?

The Exchequer sounds good to me!

CU-Cme wrote: »
    That date works out fine - how about the extension of the Library Bar in exchequer st? Its a quite bar and may be appropriate for our needs - if people want I can enquire whether they would be amenable to let us all meet there.

Ok so unless anyone has serious objections, it would be great if you could check with them and see if we can meet there?

Thanks!

2nd suits me too. Let me know what venue is chosen.

Cheers

susy wrote: »
    Ok so unless anyone has serious objections, it would be great if you could check with them and see if we can meet there?

Thanks!

Sure - I will enquire monday and post here the reply

• Advertisement

Ok the Exchequer on Tuesday 2 June is decidedly so.

See you there.

So what time. Considering I work full time I was hoping perhaps it could be after 6 in the evening?

If not and you want it earlier I have to book time off work.

Ok the Exchequer on Tuesday 2 June is decidedly so.

See you there.

So what time. Considering I work full time I was hoping perhaps it could be after 6 in the evening?

If not and you want it earlier I have to book time off work.

I'm in the same boat as yourself, after 6 would suit me best also.

2nd of June, and after 6p.m will suit me perfectly.

After 6 sounds grand by me too, shall we say 6.30ish so gives people time to get outa work and a bit of breathing space to get there?

susy wrote: »
    After 6 sounds grand by me too, shall we say 6.30ish so gives people time to get outa work and a bit of breathing space to get there?

Well I finish at 5.30, so I was already giving myself room :D

Also, Suzy, I sent you a pm with contact details, as you're the organiser of the idea.

Ok, so 2nd June, 6.30pm at the Exchequer?

K I've had a word with the staff at the Exchequer and they said it shouldnt be a problem. I enquired about getting a space for ourselves but they said that would cost - however if I come in early that day and speak to the manager on duty then we could have a few tables reserved for us in the bar area. They dont anticipate a lot of people will be in that evening.

so its 6.30pm on Tuesday the 6th June and I will call in early that day to resreve some tables for us all.

Excellent stuff. See you all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭noreds

Very interesting thread.

please pm me the details if possible.
    I'll return mine :)

Advertisement