Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abercrombie and Fitch in Blackrock Shopping Center

Options
  • 14-04-2009 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Active Sports in the Blackrock Shopping Center have Abercrombie and Fitch for sale. Really good Prices. Tee Shirts, Shirts and Polos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

D.MAN wrote: »
    Active Sports in the Blackrock Shopping Center have Abercrombie and Fitch for sale. Really good Prices. Tee Shirts, Shirts and Polos

ha ha shill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

More than likely fake. I've seen a few shops in town do the same thing Abercrombie dont let other retailers sell their clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 D.MAN

Totally not fake. But it is from last year. that is why it is cheaper. Some of it is Christmas 08 range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Abercrombie dont let other retailers sell their product. What of that do you not understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Authenticity Statement

The only way to appreciate Abercrombie & Fitch is to live it through our high quality, collegiate-inspired, casual luxury clothing. And the only way to get into our newest clothing is by heading to one of our U.S., Canadian or UK stores, shopping our company websites, or ordering through our A&F catalog.

Our unique lifestyle is felt through the energy of the in-store experience. With great tunes thumping in the background and our Brand Reps there to help you find exactly what you need, our stores bring to life the Abercrombie & Fitch lifestyle.

For over 100 years we’ve dedicated ourselves to designing and producing the highest quality All-American clothing. However, as we continue to produce the hottest fashions, counterfeiters are making cheap knockoffs that are often mistaken for the real deal. So make sure you get all your A&F gear from one of our stores, company websites, or catalogs.

If you think you have counterfeit Abercrombie, or if you see our gear somewhere other than one of our stores, let us know. You can call us toll free from the United States at 866.901.FAKE (3253). From outside the US, you can call us direct at 614.283.8100. From anywhere, you can email us, too. Just drop us a note at BP_Tips@abercrombie.com. We appreciate your help.

http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/lifestyles/html/brandprotection.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Mr.S wrote: »
    Doesn't mean their fake though, the shop could have just bought them in privately and then are just selling them on.

They could, except that is HORRIBLY illegal, and they could lose the fake A&F shirt off their back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There is a shop in Athlone that used to sell A&F clothes, they were a high end clothes shop (Tommy Hillfiger etc) so i really doubt they were selling knock offs.

Also dont BT in Dublin sell A&F?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

D.MAN wrote: »
    Totally not fake. But it is from last year. that is why it is cheaper. Some of it is Christmas 08 range

Last year's clothing not exactly their "newest" referred to on their website, so it could be authentic. Still shtie tho. :pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I don't get why people get so excited about A&F gear, they are only OK, really just a US version of River Island or Jack and Jones (from a guys point of view).

I've shopped in A&F a few times when in the US, but really nothing I couldn't have gotten as nice or nicer in River Island, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

All this obsession with A & F is just a lot of hysteria if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

autograph wrote: »
    All this obsession with A & F is just a lot of hysteria if you ask me.

Agreed. D4 and D4 wannabe hysteria if we are going to quantify it correctly. I go to Trinity College and its almost like a uniform in there. Pretty sad to see all the D4 heads going around in the same gear, especially as students used to be quite avant garde when it came to clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Dickerty wrote: »
    They could, except that is HORRIBLY illegal, and they could lose the fake A&F shirt off their back! :D

Is it illegal? Is there any specific law in this country to stop me buying a product online and reselling it, provided the correct duty/vat etc is paid (not trying to stir it or anything, its a genuine question)

If not, then some of the comments in this thread come quite close to the whole area of libel

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ceegee wrote: »
    Is it illegal? Is there any specific law in this country to stop me buying a product online and reselling it, provided the correct duty/vat etc is paid (not trying to stir it or anything, its a genuine question)

If not, then some of the comments in this thread come quite close to the whole area of libel

I Am Not A Lawyer and I don't know the specifics in Ireland, but the practise is called grey importing and it is illegal in some countries and it is a fairly grey area in most countries.

I remember cd wow were successfully sued by the record companies and stopped from buying CD's in Hong Kong and importing them cheaper into Ireland.
    Agreed. D4 and D4 wannabe hysteria if we are going to quantify it correctly. I go to Trinity College and its almost like a uniform in there. Pretty sad to see all the D4 heads going around in the same gear, especially as students used to be quite avant garde when it came to clothes.

Yes, it is like Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger for the older crowd. Just because these are sold for outrageous prices in Brown Thomas, people think they are something special, but in the US people would laugh at you as they are considered relatively affordable and middle of the road clothing.

The funniest thing is any time I'm in the US I'm always being complemented on my clothes typically bought in the likes of River Island, Jack and Jones, etc. and people want to know where to get it. They find it more interesting then the boring range of jeans, T-shirt, etc. usually sold in the US stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

The last 2 years of A&F looks shoy anyways, that horrible ironed-on lettering

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

It's not ironed on, it's embroidered. That's why it's so expensive.

OP, if the hoods aren't corduroy lined with velvet trim then they aren't real.

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    It's not ironed on, it's embroidered. That's why it's so expensive.

OP, if the hoods aren't corduroy lined with velvet trim then they aren't real.
    Its looks ironed on

That so called "embroidered" shoy is on all the clothes ye get in Motion Picture etc, it looks CHEAP

At £50 a tshirt and £70 a jumper they'd wanna be puttin in more effort

but they dont, cos its obvious people just wear them for the label

Pathetic really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

The material of the long sleeve shirts sold in both A&F and Hollister is far, far superior to anything sold in the likes of River Island. I used wear River Island gear when I was around 20-21 but after that found the style too boy bandish and the quality of the materials really poor (low cotton % and thread count). Was actually in there last week and really thought the clothes were poor quality.

Through all my business travels I'm always on the lookout for semi-casual shirts and in all the various cities around the world I've been in I've never found anything that comes close in terms of quality and value (most Hollister shirts are $39 and even at $70 A&F shirts are far cheaper than many alternatives). On top of that I also love the style and cut of the shirts (tidy enough for business casual wear without feeling too formal, also go great with a pair of jeans in the evening).

I don't buy much else there unless it's majorly discounted in a sale as I find that I can get similar jeans, combats etc. elsewhere with comparable quality and style for cheaper, but I do love their shirts.

So yeh, you may disagree with peoples' opinions, but the level of spite and generalisation shown on this thread is the only thing I'd be calling pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

unreggd wrote: »
    Its looks ironed on

That so called "embroidered" shoy is on all the clothes ye get in Motion Picture etc, it looks CHEAP

At £50 a tshirt and £70 a jumper they'd wanna be puttin in more effort

but they dont, cos its obvious people just wear them for the label

Pathetic really

I got 2 hoodies in NJ, that are amazingly comfortable and snug, all fleece lined. They were $45 each. Which is a bargain. I'm not a D4 wannabe or anything, I just think the hoodies are excellent quality and nice colours/style.

It's expensive over here because, let's face it... everything is.

So yeh, you may disagree with peoples' opinions, but the level of spite and generalisation shown on this thread is the only thing I'd be calling pathetic.

Let me put you straight, if you are buying these in the US, at US prices, then fair enough, I've bought in both myself and the price in the US is fair for them.

What I do have a problem with is folks who pay outrageous prices for these here in Ireland or who wear them just for the brand to show off.

BTW There really isn't much difference between A&F and many of the UK fashion shops IME.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

The material of the long sleeve shirts sold in both A&F and Hollister is far, far superior to anything sold in the likes of River Island. I used wear River Island gear when I was around 20-21 but after that found the style too boy bandish and the quality of the materials really poor (low cotton % and thread count). Was actually in there last week and really thought the clothes were poor quality.

Through all my business travels I'm always on the lookout for semi-casual shirts and in all the various cities around the world I've been in I've never found anything that comes close in terms of quality and value (most Hollister shirts are $39 and even at $70 A&F shirts are far cheaper than many alternatives). On top of that I also love the style and cut of the shirts (tidy enough for business casual wear without feeling too formal, also go great with a pair of jeans in the evening).

I don't buy much else there unless it's majorly discounted in a sale as I find that I can get similar jeans, combats etc. elsewhere with comparable quality and style for cheaper, but I do love their shirts.

agree 100% with the above its just good clothing! and ok you can't buy it easily here which did make it more desireable if you like the gear but its so common in Ireland now that its not anyways 'exclusive' anymore.

People that go on about the D4 wannabe thing are taking life too seriously - cop on its just a shirt/hoodie ffs! You cant get them in BTs either and id rather have one shirt from hollister or AF than 10 from River island the mens stuff is junk there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

....id rather have one shirt from hollister or AF than 10 from River island the mens stuff is junk there.

+1.

RI is pure shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

IF the goods are legitimate THEN there is NO LEGAL basis to stop the reselling of same goods by third parties.

Dickerty you should be careful what you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

A&F are just for chavs shur

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Barname wrote: »
    IF the goods are legitimate THEN there is NO LEGAL basis to stop the reselling of same goods by third parties.

Dickerty you should be careful what you say

There is no right or wrong here as posted above importing for sale like this is a grey area.

It is in a way the tort of 'passing off' ie using the brand of another to your own advantage, except here its more blatant as the goods are actually 'legitimate', you can get a court order to stop copying (Karen Mills v Dunnes Stores recently) so a case to stop the sale would be easily enough achieved in my own limited legal opinion.

As an owner of Copyright or Intellectual Property ie A&F here you can say how its sold and where and when. Its also protected by EU competition law.

I'd never compare A&F and Hollister! Hollister have much nicer clothes, a better range, and at reasonable prices

Ive been to the AnF shop in London any time im over there, tried the stuff on, and IMO its not great, so I cant justify the prices

And I cant understand that other people would find them superior, hence why I see most people buying them for the label

If you genuinely like them, work away, but IMO you're in the minority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

There is no right or wrong here as posted above importing for sale like this is a grey area.

It is in a way the tort of 'passing off' ie using the brand of another to your own advantage, except here its more blatant as the goods are actually 'legitimate', you can get a court order to stop copying (Karen Mills v Dunnes Stores recently) so a case to stop the sale would be easily enough achieved in my own limited legal opinion.

As an owner of Copyright or Intellectual Property ie A&F here you can say how its sold and where and when. Its also protected by EU competition law.

NO you are wrong.

I was NOT talking about copying. I stated if the goods are legitimate.

If say, the goods are legitimate no one can stop a third party reselling the same goods.

That would fall foul of competition laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

RATM wrote: »

feck that have you tried to buy clothes in Dublin recently? River Island seems to only want to sell clothes thats fit for either gay guys or knackers; jeans with what looks fecking tipex thrown against them or else those dreadful skinny jeans or the same striped hoodie in a million differnet colours and styles or their ben shermin shirt ripoffs. Jack and Jones still is semi respectable, especially solid for just plain normal jeans.

i like A&F because they dont change their style every 1/4, its always essentially the same stuff so i know i cant go wrong and it lasts, some of the A&F stuff i am own is 5 years old.

finally i love how you say students used to be avant garde when it comes to clothes, now everyone dresses the same. you show me one group that doesnt dress the same, freaking goths all think their individuals by looking exactly the same, all these metrosexuals* with their skinny jeans, skobes wth their tucked in tracksuit bottoms. happens in every group, people strat to dress the same so as to identify with their group.

sorry for the rant, i just hate this constant crap about A&F (include Hollister and AE in that) and D4 stuff...

*cant think of a better word

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

When has that ever stopped anyone. They'd stand to loose more if the products they were selling were fake. Im not an Ab/Fitch aficionado but do their clothes come with a "not for resale" logo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Easiest solution to all this, email the Brand Protection team at A&F details
    on the shop and let them sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

That'd be pretty scabby though, wouldn't it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement