Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discount Easter Eggs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Got 3 smallish ones for €6 earlier. Only 2 left now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Keogg wrote: »

my super valu were selling the tiny ones for 50cent a piece last week, what a rip!

...still bought loads... not mention stole some... Its just TOO tempting nowadays...
    Are there really teeny tiny Lindt bunnies?! I've never seen any... but I want to...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Keogg wrote: »
    ooh the big ones? [/melt]

my super valu were selling the tiny ones for 50cent a piece last week, what a rip!

...still bought loads... not mention stole some... Its just TOO tempting nowadays...
    THIEF!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I got NO easter eggs this year & then when I tried to go buy myself one on Sunday, nowhere was open & none could be foundyesterday in the North kildare/West Dublin area. So I've had my first easter & no easter eggs ..... BOOOO!!!!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I remember 2 or 3 years ago Tesco in Carlow had half an aisle dedicated to half price easter eggs after Easter then. And all nice ones as well.
    Guess they have adjusted their stock levels and pricing to suit the market since :(

• Advertisement

mfitzy wrote: »
    I remember 2 or 3 years ago Tesco in Carlow had half an aisle dedicated to half price easter eggs after Easter then. And all nice ones as well.
    Guess they have adjusted their stock levels and pricing to suit the market since :(

If they have, it sucks cos I got no easter eggs. And all I wanted was a small cadburys buttons egg too ..... wasn't like I wanted anything outlandish either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ven0m wrote: »
    I got NO easter eggs this year & then when I tried to go buy myself one on Sunday, nowhere was open & none could be foundyesterday in the North kildare/West Dublin area. So I've had my first easter & no easter eggs ..... BOOOO!!!!! :(:(:(

I'm the same :( I was down in Kilkenny for the weekend & my boyfriend had bought me one but he forgot to bring it with him. Bloody Dunnes in Kilkenny was closed on Easter Sunday & all newsagents/petrol stations were sold out. Figured we'd get some cheapies on the drive home yesterday. NONE! Stopped numerous times between Kilkenny & Dublin and not an Easter Egg to be seen! And to top it all off, we got home to find that his bloody mother had eaten my egg :(:mad: Screw you easter!

I'm the same :( I was down in Kilkenny for the weekend & my boyfriend had bought me one but he forgot to bring it with him. Bloody Dunnes in Kilkenny was closed on Easter Sunday & all newsagents/petrol stations were sold out. Figured we'd get some cheapies on the drive home yesterday. NONE! Stopped numerous times between Kilkenny & Dublin and not an Easter Egg to be seen! And to top it all off, we got home to find that his bloody mother had eaten my egg :(:mad: Screw you easter!

Someone else who shares my pain ..... am now contemplating buying an easter egg mould & a giant bar of Dairy Milk, making my own egg & putting some buttons inside it.

I know that sounds somewhat demented, but I feel like I've been 'done' cos I didn't have an easter egg this year. It's bad enough I've a birthday that was forgotten by everyone in my family & friends one year .... now I got an easter into the bargain ..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This thread is so sad, all you poor bastards that didn't get any eggs. Ye should organise a protest march immediately.

ScumLord wrote: »
    This thread is so sad, all you poor bastards that didn't get any eggs. Ye should organise a protest march immediately.

Apparently the marchs would disappear just as quick as the eggs ...... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How many eggs got delievered to government buildings? Could explain the shortage??

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Someone else who shares my pain ..... am now contemplating buying an easter egg mould & a giant bar of Dairy Milk, making my own egg & putting some buttons inside it.

I know that sounds somewhat demented, but I feel like I've been 'done' cos I didn't have an easter egg this year. It's bad enough I've a birthday that was forgotten by everyone in my family & friends one year .... now I got an easter into the bargain ..... :(

Wow....your story's way worse. At least my family & friends like me :pac:

How many eggs got delievered to government buildings? Could explain the shortage??
    Cowen and Harney, prime suspects in the great Easter egg swindle.

Wow....your story's way worse. At least my family & friends like me :pac:

Ouch, now I feel way worse. :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i ****ing hate easter eggs.

Ironically my dad works for mars, so any egg junkies want some black market eggs, my stalls open.

i ****ing hate easter eggs.

Ironically my dad works for mars, so any egg junkies want some black market eggs, my stalls open.

Any chance you could obtain even one easter egg?

This sounds soooo retarded but I'm the kinda person who doesn't give a monkeys about Christmas or his own birthday, but likes Easter & having an Easter Egg. How effing mental is that?

Any chance you could obtain even one easter egg?

This sounds soooo retarded but I'm the kinda person who doesn't give a monkeys about Christmas or his own birthday, but likes Easter & having an Easter Egg. How effing mental is that?
    Orderly to AH, I'll prepare the syringe.

Orderly to AH, I'll prepare the syringe.

I know it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. And frankly, if I didn't have a thing about Easter I'd be right there with you ordering the 'I-Love-Me' jacket for someone who made the statement I did ..... but I like the whole thing of getting an egg, & then opening it up & like doing that thing of knocking it on a table to split in half etc etc ....... christ it sounds even more mental even as I explain it!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ok, so Easter is over

Where is all the extra Easter eggs these shops need to flog off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

A lot of them seemed to be flogging them well beforehand this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Its been done.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055537463

None around the place:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek those easter eggs everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek those easter eggs everywhere.

Are you a poet, but didn't know it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Vain wrote: »
    Are you a poet, but didn't know it?

Making a rhyme every time?

Advertisement