Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discount Easter Eggs

Options
  • 13-04-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭

Where are they? I went to 5 shops today and there were none!

I got tons for cheap last year, and I was very very disappointed with my "large" Wispa egg :mad:

Has anybody seen any going on the cheap or know any shops? Anywhere in Ireland if the deal is good enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Where I work we were completely sold out by Friday morning. Didn't get any extra in because they were one of those loss leader kind of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

got caught out too...not a feckin egg to be seen..the chocolate in them is lovely compaired to normal bars

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I went around on Saturday and Sunday in two different towns looking for eggs and they where all sold out. I don't think they bothered stocking up on too many this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

There was not many left in the shop I was in Saturday.

Maybe the stores didn't order enough this year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

They were gone in Maynooth by Sunday morning (unless Tesco/Dunnes who were closed had any). There didn't seem to be nearly as much stock as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

phasers wrote: »
    Where are they? I went to 5 shops today and there were none!

I got tons for cheap last year, and I was very very disappointed with my "large" Wispa egg :mad:

Has anybody seen any going on the cheap or know any shops? Anywhere in Ireland if the deal is good enough
    I employ the same tactic every year. Went in to Dunnes this afternoon and not an egg to be seen. They must have stocked conservatively this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Between Longford and Portlaoise yesterday I hit every shop that was open and not 1 easter egg to be found.

I went into tesco's this morning and all they had was chocolate bunnies at half price.

Come to think of it I didn't see decent eggs anywhere this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

For the last few years my local tesco always over stocked on easter eggs and dropped the prices on them after Easter Sunday, this year tho they didn't have many eggs left on Good Friday. They were selling cream eggs for 15cent last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Holy Thursday all I could find were some battered looking eggs at 3 for €8, I was lucky to find three in one piece. Otherwise there's not an egg to be seen anywhere ... either everyone went mental on the 2 for €5/3 for €8 offers and they all sold, or shops didn't "overstock" this year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

None to be found on Saturday for me either. Well, there were still a lot of organic cherry & ginger flavour eggs left, but they didn't look too appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

Lily O'Briens factory store in newbridge still had loads on sat, big eggs and lots of honeycomb heart choc sweets with them, 2 for €20, but i imagine the prices have gone far down after the big day. They're such yummy eggs though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I went into tesco's this morning and all they had was chocolate bunnies at half price.

I'd check the best before date on those bunnies. A Tesco near me is selling boxes of Green and Black 70% coca squares at reduced price. Stuff went off this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

yellowcurl wrote: »
    Lily O'Briens factory store in newbridge still had loads on sat, big eggs and lots of honeycomb heart choc sweets with them, 2 for €20, but i imagine the prices have gone far down after the big day. They're such yummy eggs though!!!
    2 for €20 is a good price to begin with, they where selling the big (ish) cadburys ones for a €10 here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd check the best before date on those bunnies. A Tesco near me is selling boxes of Green and Black 70% coca squares at reduced price. Stuff went off this month.

Ah they are the lindt easter bunnies and are only around for about 2 months of the year I think so they should be grand.

I'm not having them in anyway!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Reading these posts ive a funny image of all these strung out egg addicts running from shop to shop in all different directions with faces of horror. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ah they are the lindt easter bunnies and are only around for about 2 months of the year I think so they should be grand.

I'm not having them in anyway!! :p

I've just finished one. Very thick chocolate. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Maybe some of the Euro shops might have some left?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Most shops in Limerick were sold out of their stock by Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

ugggh i've a galaxy one here that i'd happily donate! I swear i've nearly put myself into a diabetic coma this easter...must impose some form of self-control....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Tesco in London were selling most of the eggs for £1 each about 2 weeks ago. Today they were £2.50.

So I think the best time to stock up is a couple weeks before easter. How much were they in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The 3 for a fiver offer in most of the big supermarkets were very good value indeed.
    I remember when I was young, nice easter eggs were at least 3 pounds roughly.
    So they are far better nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nk12

tesco in drogheda (the big one) had about 100 of the big kinder ones on sat night at 8 30 before they were closing at 9 for the easter break!
    not a cent off them!

prob diff story today!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Between Longford and Portlaoise yesterday I hit every shop that was open and not 1 easter egg to be found.

Ah yeah but were they the Lindt chocolate bunnies? Because those are fabulous... well heading to tescos tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

damn this does not bode well for me. 2euro shops can sometimes be good for this sort of thing.

Keogg wrote: »
    Ah yeah but were they the Lindt chocolate bunnies? Because those are fabulous... well heading to tescos tomorrow!

indeed they were! €5.79 for 2 of them.

damn this does not bode well for me. 2euro shops can sometimes be good for this sort of thing.
    thats genious...
    omg did i just spell genious wrong or am i too tired to read/type anything...

indeed they were! €5.79 for 2 of them.
    ooh the big ones? [/melt]

my super valu were selling the tiny ones for 50cent a piece last week, what a rip!

...still bought loads... not mention stole some... Its just TOO tempting nowadays...

Keogg wrote: »
    ooh the big ones? [/melt]

my super valu were selling the tiny ones for 50cent a piece last week, what a rip!

...still bought loads... not mention stole some... Its just TOO tempting nowadays...

yup the big ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Blisterman wrote: »
    Tesco in London were selling most of the eggs for £1 each about 2 weeks ago. Today they were £2.50.

So I think the best time to stock up is a couple weeks before easter. How much were they in Ireland?

Cheap prices in UK could be due to the demise of Woolies - always used to eb a great place to by your Easter eggs and the orders would have been placed well before the company knew it was going into liquidation, hence the glut on the market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

All the eggs went on the saturday where I work but found about 20 eggs at the bottom of one cage, threw them up on the shelf - they were all gone after 20 minutes

Advertisement