Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tues April 14th @19:15 ; Wesley - The Full Irish 0-3 Boardeaux

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

3-0 win. great result, edgy first half, was even enough but we were super in the 2nd half. dave, jules and art with the goals. full value for the win, they hardly had a sniff, our defence was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, nice performance tonight - nothing earth shattering but a nice solid shift put in across the board. They're a solid and well organised team and that our keeper barely had a save to make is a good marker to go by.

For me Collie and Conor bossed the midfield like I haven't seen us do before and that gave us loads of go forward ball. Yeh we were a bit edgy and rushed on it at times and yeh we spurned a few opportunities to whip it in early but for me it'd be pretty picky to not be happy with that performance and a solid 3 points.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I felt we never really got into top gear but thankfully never did the full irish. Great midfield peformance and a good start to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh, never really clicked into top gear as the lads say. Much more to come from us. Good start!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

collie grew into the game big time and got better and better as he went on. conor was solid throughout. having players in there who are natural in that position is vital. long long way to go, but we are on a great run, 8 wins and a draw from 9 and a great way to start the season.

i thought in the 2nd half we were superb to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Well done lads:)

Extremely pissed off at the fixture change from a purely personal point of view. I hate missing games, especially when I know I could have made it if the bastards gave a bit more notice!:mad:

Anyway, clean sheet and a few goals, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Great start lads well done, top of the league this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Draupnir wrote: »
    Great start lads well done, top of the league this morning?

Yeah, we had the best result in the league last night.

We strolled though that match, in fairness, Full Irish never really turned up.

We'll have to be a bit more aware in future games I think, we were a step behind the play, Full Irish were a step and a half behind the play, that's why it looked so comfortable for us.

We contained them in our third of the pitch though, well done to the defence/gk on that one, a clean sheet is always to be commended.

Also, for the forwards to get three goals, three different scorers too, that's good. It's nice to have the options up front, and Eddie also adds another dimension there for when we need it. (genius sub by me to bring Art back on when I did:D)

When Conor and Collie get used to each other's games they'll be an excellent centre midfield pairing, and we still have great options on the wings.

Looking good lads, the squad will be tested this season, it's all about how resilient we are.

Advertisement