Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[In The Noclight] Futurecrook

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do you like fishsticks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

who let the dogs out?

who wants to live forever?

is this the world we created?

who likes short shorts?

are you offended by the "c word"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Do you like fishsticks?

Fishsticks as in seafood sticks or fishsticks as in fish fingers? Either way, yes. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fishsticks as in seafood sticks or fishsticks as in fish fingers? Either way, yes. :)
    What are you, a gay fish?*

*This is officially the funniest joke ever made.

What are you, a gay fish?*

*This is officially the funniest joke ever made.

dont worry about it hun it was a south park reference, and a bad one because you are not male!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

who let the dogs out?

who wants to live forever?

is this the world we created?

who likes short shorts?

are you offended by the "c word"?

Who...? who...? who...? I'm not sure. It happened while we were arguing at the jukebox so I was disracted and didn't see who did it, but I have a team of the world's finest detectives investigating it as we speak.

Who dares to love forever? But forever is our today. We can have forever, we can love forever.

Yes. I'm not saying we created the earth, but the human race have definitely shaped it to be what it is today. People may argue that god or a higher power has a "greater plan" but If there's a God in the sky looking down what can he think of what we've done? He let us do this.

I like short shorts on people who have the figure for short shorts. Otherwise they're just very wrong. :P

Nope. Unless someone called me a c***. In which case, yes I'd be offended. But no more so than if they called me a bitch or a whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Vampire or Warewolf - which would you be if you had to choose?

If you were trapped on a desert island for X amount of time - what 3 items would you choose to bring?

Have you been horse-riding?

Do you ever sleep with a teddy?

What's your favourite flower?

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Indian or chinese food??

Elephant v panda, who wins in a fight??:P

Are there any types of music that do nothing for you??

If you can read this, you're too close!

star-pants wrote: »
    Vampire or Warewolf - which would you be if you had to choose?

If you were trapped on a desert island for X amount of time - what 3 items would you choose to bring?

Have you been horse-riding?

Do you ever sleep with a teddy?

What's your favourite flower?

I'm not sure. If I could control my werewolfishness then I suppose that would be better than being a vampire and having to feed on innocent people. I don't think I'd want the immortality either. So werewolf.

Well if we're talking basic survival here then:
    A first aid kit.
    A water container of some sort.
    A knife.

If I'm somehow going to magically survive on the island without having to worry about these things then:
    A good book
    My mp3 player (with some sort of power source)
    Good company :P

Yup. Haven't been in years though. I'd love to go again.

I haven't in a while but I had a giant Mumble (from Happy Feet) teddy that got me through many a rough patch. It was so soft and cuddly and I felt less lonely when I slept with it. :)

I love lilies and sunflowers.
    koth wrote: »
    Indian or chinese food??

Elephant v panda, who wins in a fight??:P

Are there any types of music that do nothing for you??

Chinese. I get tired of Indian food if I eat too much of it.

Elephant. What's a panda gonna do? Unless... is it a Kung Foo panda? Because that would change everything. :P

Dance music. I just can't like it.

who's your favourite stand up comedian?

favourite movie?

favourite boardsie? (although this one should be obvious)

• Advertisement

who's your favourite stand up comedian?

favourite movie?

favourite boardsie? (although this one should be obvious)

Dara O'Briain

Memoirs of a Geisha or Pan's Labyrinth

That's a really tough question. My best friend is a boardsie, my bf is a boardsie and there are so many other amazing boardsies who have become really good friends. I really couldn't choose. (because they'd hurt me :P)

You are a cruel cruel man Grames... :P :D

That's a really tough question. My best friend is a boardsie, my bf is a boardsie and there are so many other amazing boardsies who have become really good friends. I really couldn't choose. (because they'd hurt me :P)

You are a cruel cruel man Grames... :P :D

:pac: i do try!! :pac:

favourite comedy tv programme? and tv programme in general?

:pac: i do try!! :pac:

favourite comedy tv programme? and tv programme in general?

QI. I adore Stephen Fry. The man is a king amongst men. :P

Any other time I would have said Lost but I after tonight's episode I'm annoyed with the lack of plot development...

Um, Family Guy I suppose. I'm a sucker for awful tv shows like the Gilmore Girls and Desperate Housewives though... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

What's your favourite song to sing at karaoke?

Which celebrity would most like to give a massive slap in the face?

Which is the best - Physics, Chemistry or Biology?

Do you have any tattoos?

How many standard size grapefruits do you reckon would fit in the Grand Canyon?

(You don't have to answer the last one, it's just a random thought that occurred to me while bored.)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Did you enjoy the Noctcast you were on?

What's your favourite song to sing at karaoke?

Which celebrity would most like to give a massive slap in the face?

Which is the best - Physics, Chemistry or Biology?

Do you have any tattoos?

How many standard size grapefruits do you reckon would fit in the Grand Canyon?

(You don't have to answer the last one, it's just a random thought that occurred to me while bored.)

Total eclipse of the heart! I sing it with fonpokno when we go karaoking. That or I know him so well... :D

Madonna or Bono.

Hmm... Physics is too maths based for my liking. Although I vaguely remember finding chemistry ridiculously difficult when I did it in school. So biology? Although chemistry emer seem cool with all the reactions and explosions and whatnot... :P

Nope. No tattoos yet. I want to get one though. :)

Ok i attempted to work out the grapefruit question but I'm on my mobile so it proved quite difficult. I've no idea if it's anywhere near a decent approximation but the answer I got is...

10012061400000000 grapefruit. :D

I think I may have gone wrong somewhere. That seems like an awful lot of grapefruit... :P

SDooM wrote: »
    Did you enjoy the Noctcast you were on?

I really did actually. I was slightly worried we were all going to be contaminated by Doomflu but other than that it was highly enjoyable. :P :D I still think there should be a gynolamp podcast though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I haven't been to a beers yet, can you give me three reasons as to why I should go to one?:pac:

Did you meet your BF through boards, or was he already your BF prior to joining boards? (not meant to be a personal question, it's more about deciphering what's possible at these beers:p:pac:).

Do you believe in fate?

What flavour crisp is your preferred one?

why can't i sleep?

Do you sleep on your stomach or your back or your side?

Can you swim?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I haven't been to a beers yet, can you give me three reasons as to why I should go to one?:pac:

Did you meet your BF through boards, or was he already your BF prior to joining boards? (not meant to be a personal question, it's more about deciphering what's possible at these beers:p:pac:).

Reason 1:
    The Nocs are amazing. Im not just saying that because they can all read this I genuinely mean it. :P I've never not had fun at a beers. Its always a great night out.

Reason 2:
    I shall buy you a drink. I doubt I shall be the only one to do so. :cool:

Reason 3:
    It's a chance to get you know people in real life and put faces to the names. And we would all like to put a face to your name as you're dreadfully mysterious. :p

I knew that my bf existed on boards but we'd never chatted on it (most likely because he thought Futurecrook was a boy :P). Then I was introduced to him at the Halloween beers. He realised I was'nt a boy, I was, in fact, female. I liked what I saw, was chatting to him for a little while and thought he was really nice. He didn't realise I was flirting. :rolleyes: So then we started chatting online, established there was an interest there on both sides and agreed to meet up at the comedy beers. I waited all night for him to make a move until eventually I just said "feck it" and jumped him. :P ;):D And now, *counts on fingers* 5 months later he still hasn't managed to escape my evil clutches.

Oh and this question just reminded me of another reason why you should come to the beers. The noc ladies are most lovely.
    Do you believe in fate?

What flavour crisp is your preferred one?

why can't i sleep?

Do you sleep on your stomach or your back or your side?

Can you swim?

I'm not sure. I like to think that things happen for a reason, but when you see the people you love suffer you begin to question what reason there could possibly be for it.

I love bbq hula hoops. :D

Because you're still not feeling well and I can only assume the puppy had a hand in it too. I can only assume there are too many thoughts running around inside your head and that's stopping you from getting decent sleep too. *hug*

Mostly on my side. Occasionally on my back. Rarely on my stomach but sometimes if I'm feeling sick or cant get comfortable any other way.

Yes. But I haven't been in a pool in 3 years. :o :P

• Advertisement

Favourite genre of film?

Jessica Simpson or Jessica Alba?

Favourite actor ?- for drooling purposes :D

Bubble gum or lollipops?

Have you ever broken a bone?

Favourite genre of film?

Jessica Simpson or Jessica Alba?

Favourite actor ?- for drooling purposes :D

Bubble gum or lollipops?

Have you ever broken a bone?

Comedy. Good comedy though. None of that Scary Movie/Not Another Teen Movie/Epic movie/Meet the Spartans/Date Movie rubbish... :P

Jessica Alba. Actually talented and hotter. Especially in Sin City. Have a total girl crush on her actually.

Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in LOTR or Patrick Dempsey (Dr. Dreamy from Grey's Anatomy) *drool*

Lollipops. :D

Nope. I think it's because of the crazy amount of milk I drink though. I must have a calcium surplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Do you have a favourite poet?

What's the best book you've ever read?

Is there a song or even just one lyric from a song that you can really relate to?

What's your favourite thing to eat?

Do you think my dog will ever stop barking?

And the oblgatory, will you dance with me at the next beers?

trowelled wrote: »
    Do you have a favourite poet?

Seamus Heaney & Sylvia Plath would definitely be two of my favourites. Although I dislike the fact that Plath's death overshadows her work.
    What's the best book you've ever read?

The Master by Colm Tóibín.
    Is there a song or even just one lyric from a song that you can really relate to?

Waiting for my real life to begin by Colin hay
    Any minute now, my ship is coming in.
    I'll keep checking the horizon and I'll stand on the bow and feel the waves come crashing on me.

And you say,"Be still, my love. Open up your heart. Let the light shine in"
    Don't you understand? I already have a plan.
    I'm waiting for my real life to begin.

When I awoke today suddenly nothing happened but in my dreams I slew the dragon and down this beaten path and up this cobbled lane I'm walking in my own footsteps once again.

And you say, "Just be here now. Forget about the past. Your mask is wearing thin."
    Let me throw one more dice, I know that I can win.
    I'm waiting for my real life to begin.

Any minute now, my ship is coming in.
    I'll keep checking the horizon and I'll check my machine.
    There's sure to be that call. It's gonna happen soon,
    It's just that times are lean.

And you say,"Be still, my love. Open up your heart. Let the light shine in"
    Don't you understand? I already have a plan.
    I'm waiting for my real life to begin

On a clear day, I can see a very long way.
    What's your favourite thing to eat?

Chicken Noodle Soup. I would live solely on a diet of that if I could.
    Do you think my dog will ever stop barking?

Eventually. But if he/she is anything like my dog then he/she will start again as soon as someone comes to the door/walks past the garden... :P
    And the obligatory, will you dance with me at the next beers?

Of course. I haven't danced at beers since Dominion. And then the dancing was cut short due to wardrobe malfunctions and my fear of "popping out". :P :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in LOTR or Patrick Dempsey (Dr. Dreamy from Grey's Anatomy) *drool*

agreed:p

if you had to kill off one greys anatomy person who would it be?
    (denny dosent count)

agreed:p

if you had to kill off one greys anatomy person who would it be?
    (denny dosent count)

Erica. Most definitely. Can't stand her. :)

Did you used to watch Power Rangers?

Do you like milkshakes?

Do you get excited when there's post for you?

If you had to lose sight or hearing which would you choose?

Did you used to watch Power Rangers?

Do you like milkshakes?

Do you get excited when there's post for you?

If you had to lose sight or hearing which would you choose?

Yup. I loved it. I wanted to be the Pink one. :cool:

Nope. Not at all. I don't get why people like them so much. I just find them slightly sickening. :o:(

Yup. :D But it's rarely anything very exciting.

Sight. At least then I could still play music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is there really such a thing as a selfless good deed?

Have you ever given blood?

Any regrets?

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Is there really such a thing as a selfless good deed?

Have you ever given blood?

Any regrets?

I'm not sure. Most people have some sort of sense of satisfaction after doing a good deed, so you could argue are you doing it for yourself or for the person involved? I'd like to think there are though. I'd like to think that people who do "good deed" do them out of a desire to good and try and right some of the many many wrongs in the world and not for their own redemption.

Yes. I went for the first time in January. I still have the needlemark in my arm. I look like a feckin junkie. :P

Regrets? Yes. Many. But my main one is not getting to know someone close to me well enough before they died... Other than that I try not to dwell on the past too much. I learn from my mistakes and move on. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement