Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please explain heaven

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

Anyway, the only person identified as going to St. Ives was the traveller; he simply said that he met the others on the way.

Who went to St. Ives?
    I don't know; you don't either.
    So it is with God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

is heaven like st. ives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

is heaven like st. ives?

Yes, in that we can't actually work out who is going there with the information avialable.

They would need some bloody big carts!

Anyway, the only person identified as going to St. Ives was the traveller; he simply said that he met the others on the way.

Read the last two lines of the rhyme ... The question can be taken as "cats kits sacks wives how many are going to St. Ives?"

"One" would not be correct unless Dave! is a cat, kit, sack, or wife...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

Oooh heaven is a place on earth. Yes, yes, you know it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just a few quick questions to the eternally retarded morons [...]

You expect people to entertain your questions when the first thing you do is blatantly insult them by calling them retarded morons? I suggest for future reference that you learn some etiquette and manners before you try to challenge someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

kiffer wrote: »
    Read the last two lines of the rhyme ... The question can be taken as "cats kits sacks wives how many are going to St. Ives?"

"One" would not be correct unless Dave! is a cat, kit, sack, or wife...

You might find this of interest - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_I_Was_Going_to_St_Ives#Answers
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You expect people to entertain your questions when the first thing you do is blatantly insult them by calling them retarded morons? I suggest for future reference that you learn some etiquette and manners before you try to challenge someone.

I'm guessing that the question was simply a vessel to float the insult upon.

Bloody wikipedia, takes the fun out of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Heaven is an imaginary state of being which it is believed will be given to the imaginary souls of those who believe in the tenets of various religions for following those tenets strictly during their lives. For particular strands of the Islamic faith heaven involves a large number of virgins being available to the lucky one; for Christianity is the achievement of the beatific vision i.e. an eternity spent in contemplation of god.
    For me, heaven is my garden on a May morning between 4 to 7 a.m. I prefer that to all the other made up stuff of all the religions of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

blogga wrote: »
    For particular strands of the Islamic faith heaven involves a large number of virgins being available to the lucky one

sounds like my kinda place :D

ALLAH ACKBAR!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement