Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any large Four Star Pizza 10.95 delivered!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

You can't compare tesco pizzas to franchise store pizza. You're sacrificing some of the taste for a cheaper price. If you're fine with that fair enough, myself I prefer to get mine from an independent pizzeria.

True, but some store bought brands are mighty tasty! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

This isin't America!...we don't tip in Ireland!!

True we get lousy service here

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 razorblade_kiss

Four Star Pizza recently changed the pricing on their pizzas, it used to be €20 for the large Vegetarian pizza, which was 16". And now, while the price dropped down to €19, the large Vegetarian pizza is a 14". If you want the 16" you now have to add €2.50 onto the price to get what they call their the XL pizza.

Something I always found strange about Four Star Pizza and to be honest, all the other pizza stores. They say that delivery is free yet if you were to order a Large Vegetarian pizza, it will arrive at your door for €19 and if you order ahead and collect it yourself the pizza will cost you €14. If you were to order the XL (16") Super Deluxe for delivery it would cost €22.50 and yet if you get the same pizza but as Carry-Out it would cost €16. Now exactly how is the delivery free? And the carryout is not a special for during the week, its runs all the time.

Dominos are the same, they have the large (13") Domino's Mighty Meaty for €22 delivered to your door, yet if you choose to collect your own paying €17. Again, their menus have it stated that there is no delivery charge.

dominosmenua.jpg

Maybe I am missing out on something, I usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Four Star Pizza recently changed the pricing on their pizzas, it used to be €20 for the large Vegetarian pizza, which was 16". And now, while the price dropped down to €19, the large Vegetarian pizza is a 14". If you want the 16" you now have to add €2.50 onto the price to get what they call their the XL pizza.

Something I always found strange about Four Star Pizza and to be honest, all the other pizza stores. They say that delivery is free yet if you were to order a Large Vegetarian pizza, it will arrive at your door for €19 and if you order ahead and collect it yourself the pizza will cost you €14. If you were to order the XL (16") Super Deluxe for delivery it would cost €22.50 and yet if you get the same pizza but as Carry-Out it would cost €16. Now exactly how is the delivery free? And the carryout is not a special for during the week, its runs all the time.

Dominos are the same, they have the large (13") Domino's Mighty Meaty for €22 delivered to your door, yet if you choose to collect your own paying €17. Again, their menus have it stated that there is no delivery charge.

5 squid......That cant be right can it?!?!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 razorblade_kiss

5 squid......That cant be right can it?!?!:eek:

I know, added a part of Domino's menu to my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I rang 4 star a while ago and they i never heard of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

seanybiker wrote: »
    never knew about this. And me saying 26.90 last night for a large Dominos create me own. The first time I was ever disappointed with dominos. Pizza was only warm and there was feck all on it opposed to normal, even though I get same stuff all the time. A well.

It's funny you should say that.

If you order a pizza, with one topping, e.g. pepperoni, (and pay 3 euro for the topping)
    you might get 30 pieces of pepperoni.

Stick with me please!
    But if you order 3 toppings, you pay 3 euro for each topping, but instead of getting a lovely heavily loaded pizza, you only get for example
    10 pieces of chicken
    10 pieces of pepperoni
    10 pieces of onion.

What I want is 30 chicken, 30 this, 30 that.

Getting extra toppings in Ireland is suck a rip off

Anybody still reading? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Cheers OP!
    Got the Big Meat Treat, some for now and some for the morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Got one for myself aswell! And I tipped the driver a Euro. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Four star pizza are offering buy one get one free for every 12 inch starting at 12 euro. ( toppings extra )

you heard it from pirelli.

• Advertisement

just to let any corkonians know that 4 Star Douglas are not doing this offer:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

I think the reason of that is Four Star Pizza have a Carryout "special" (the kind of special that goes on forever:D) where 1 9" is €9, 1 12" is €12, and 1 16" is €15. But when you get it delivered, it's not carryout so they charge the normal price.
    Not sure about Domino's though, don't really go there often.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

4 star in Galway aren't doing this offer either

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Them Tesco pizza in the green boxes are yummy! I'd prefer them over nearly all the frozen pizza except for Chicago brand, which are almost as good as 4 star.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bandit883

pirelli wrote: »
    Four star pizza are offering buy one get one free for every 12 inch starting at 12 euro. ( toppings extra )

you heard it from pirelli.

Is that just mon -thurs too??

4 star in blanch dont' do it either

Bill-e wrote: »
    Not saying people should tip. I'm just saying that the way it works is that the drivers will remember those that do tip and will literally fight for your order.

It should be better regulated. Pizza already cost way too much. The box costs more then the food inside.

How exactly?
    The pizza goes in one end of the over, and out the other,
    they get made as they are ordered.

You/they just deliver the pizza, and don't control the DESTINY of the pizza! :D;)

If a pizza is delivered cold, flipped/folded, or late,
    it gets sent back, and you'll spend twice as much time delivering it,
    so why not just do a good job in the first place without looking for someone to tip you for doing, what is essentiall just you job.

CAn anyone back up this offer at all? And if so where did you avail of it?

Hogzy wrote: »

it'd bs, the thread should be deleted

Yeah i agree. Iv never heard of 4star or any fast food joint doing an offer that is not anounced in store and that doesnt require a coupon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

T-Square wrote: »
    it'd bs, the thread should be deleted

OP here.

get your facts straight before you call this bullsh*t..just because ur local branch doesnt do it, u decide its bullsh*t ?..i heard it on the radio, maybe it was a dublin radio station im not sure. But i got this deal the other day and am getting it again tonight. If you look through the posts you will see others have got this deal too.

i used the ballsbridge branch, when i asked, they knew straight away what i was talking about...the add on the radio didnt specify branches, its just said it was available at your local 4star. Perhapps it was a dublin radio station , i dont recall...

Hogzy wrote: »

I got one in the Fairview branch

johnp wrote: »
    I got one in the Fairview branch

You bought a pizza in a pizza shop, gosh.
    And did they ask for a coupon, or a magic word? :D

T-Square wrote: »
    You bought a pizza in a pizza shop, gosh.
    And did they ask for a coupon, or a magic word? :D

Ehhhh, rang up, asked about the deal, they said they did it, so I got a large pizza delivered for 10.95.
    No coupon, no magic word, just a pizza delivered for 10.95.
    The offer worked for me.

Again, thanks OP!

Advertisement