Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any large Four Star Pizza 10.95 delivered!

Options
  • 08-04-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

as the title says..collection or delivery. Four star isnt as nice as dominos but i got the bbq delux one last night and it was the business. Their large is a fair bit bigger than dominos too. Mon-Thur only tho..but good deal to share with ur missus or flatmate/mate or whoever, just over a 5er each.:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Sweet, do you need to mention you've got a coupon?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Weather you do or don't you never need one as long as you tip the delivery guy a euro or 2.
    I delivered for them years ago and if I got a tip then there was no need for a coupon. If you didn't tip me I would defo ask for the coupon and I would put a note on your account that you are a mean pr*ck and in future leave your delivery to last.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Bill-e wrote: »
    Weather you do or don't you never need one as long as you tip the delivery guy a euro or 2.
    I delivered for them years ago and if I got a tip then there was no need for a coupon. If you didn't tip me I would defo ask for the coupon and I would put a note on your account that you are a mean pr*ck and in future leave your delivery to last.:rolleyes:

So it's effectively the inflated price for getting it delivered (even though delivery is meant to be free) and then a tip to yourself as well?

Nice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

They've been doing "any 2 large pizzas for €20" for a while now, collection only.
    No need for coupons or anything....just ring and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Nice attitude

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ive been getting 2 for the price of 1 delivered, just say its advertised on the website and theres no mention of a coupon. As for tipping, ffs its your job. Tips are for service above and beyond the norm, not for simply doing your job.

Well the pay was 5 an hour and 1 per pizza delivered. So some night's work, if you were crazy unlucky you'd come out with 32/33 for 6 hours work. The tips made it.
    If the price was 20 for the order and they gave me 20 then that would be fine really with me, I wouldn't make any mental notes. However, if the order came to 19 and they gave me 20 and waited for the change, then they'd never get another hot, round or timely pizza from me ever again. Especially if they were from a posh area, or it was cold/raining.
    However, if they tipped even a little bit then I'd mark them down as good folks. And some times their order might be pulled out of the list prior to others. Just how it was. They got pizza 20mins early and I got another euro. woks both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

never knew about this. And me saying 26.90 last night for a large dominos create me own. The first time I was ever disappointed with dominos. Pizza was only warm and there was feck all on it opposed to normal, even though I get same stuff all the time. A well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

OP how do you actually avail of this offer? Do you just say it when calling up or do you actually need a coupon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Peiking Duck

If you didn't tip me I would defo ask for the coupon and I would put a note on your account that you are a mean pr*ck and in future leave your delivery to last.:rolleyes:

It is because of people like you that I order for collection rather than delivery. One muppet 3 years ago said to me I was a hungry bastard for not giving him a tip. Wasn't you by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hogzy wrote: »
    OP how do you actually avail of this offer? Do you just say it when calling up or do you actually need a coupon?

no coupon needed- just mention it on the phone. remember tho, its mon-thur only.

also with this deal, u can add wedges or garlic bread for an extra 2 quid.

It is because of people like you that I order for collection rather than delivery. One muppet 3 years ago said to me I was a hungry bastard for not giving him a tip. Wasn't you by any chance?

No. I'm more of a passive aggressive type...
    I too order for collection on my way home from work. If you want things done right do it yourself.
    My point is that if there's more in it for the delivery guy then he will be more motivated.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    no coupon needed- just mention it on the phone. remember tho, its mon-thur only.

AFAIK, the collection offer doesn't have day restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

How did you find out about it so, if they ask me how did you find out about the offer i cant say someone told me!
    Is there a flyer going around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

No sign of the deal here

http://www.fourstarpizza.ie/mealdeals.htm

Anyone seen this offer printed?

Soarer wrote: »
    AFAIK, the collection offer doesn't have day restrictions.

Nope you are wrong there. Its mon-thur only, regardless if you pick it up or get it delivered...:cool:

Tis advertised on their website Hogzy.

Edit: Doesn't seem to be advertised there either. Sorry.

Hogzy wrote: »
    How did you find out about it so, if they ask me how did you find out about the offer i cant say someone told me!
    Is there a flyer going around?

heard it on the radio...just ask for the 'buy any large pizza for 10.95 deal'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Well the pay was 5 an hour and 1 per pizza delivered. So some night's work, if you were crazy unlucky you'd come out with 32/33 for 6 hours work. The tips made it.
    If the price was 20 for the order and they gave me 20 then that would be fine really with me, I wouldn't make any mental notes. However, if the order came to 19 and they gave me 20 and waited for the change, then they'd never get another hot, round or timely pizza from me ever again. Especially if they were from a posh area, or it was cold/raining.
    However, if they tipped even a little bit then I'd mark them down as good folks. And some times their order might be pulled out of the list prior to others. Just how it was. They got pizza 20mins early and I got another euro. woks both ways.
    people like you are what is wrong with ireland today! i blame ye for this recession!

Nope you are wrong there. Its mon-thur only, regardless if you pick it up or get it delivered...:cool:

You 100% on that?

Coulda sworn it was a Saturday I got it a few weeks ago.

That said, it mightn't have been! :o

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    You 100% on that?

Coulda sworn it was a Saturday I got it a few weeks ago.

That said, it mightn't have been! :o

yep im sure! theres a similar deal on the website that says any large pizza for 12 quid, but thats cheese only, extra toppings are 1 or 2 euro each...that may be available on weekends, not sure, but the large pizza with as much toppings as u want for 10.95 is deffo mon-thur...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

hahaha.... I love it :D

foggy_lad wrote: »
    people like you are what is wrong with ireland today! i blame ye for this recession!
    That is a ridiculous statement.

I'm just a realist. If I can make/save more money then I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Why did you think you "should" get tipped in the first place?

I know we're going off topic, but did you ever "realise" that people might've stopped ordering from that 4 star because of you, so you lost out on a lot more money?

Some people can't see the woods for the trees.

Not saying people should tip. I'm just saying that the way it works is that the drivers will remember those that do tip and will literally fight for your order.

It should be better regulated. Pizza already cost way too much. The box costs more then the food inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

...the price a large pizza should be tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco are now doing fresh pepperoni pizzas for €1.69, intended for 2 people, 1 fills me fine (think it is about 400g). They are actually loaded with pepperoni, quite a high % on the list, if you were to buy the pepperoni on its own at the deli counter it would actually cost more than the €1.69! Cooks in 8 mins as it is fresh and the only spit on it is your own, if you so wish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

rubadub wrote: »
    Tesco are now doing fresh pepperoni pizzas for €1.69, intended for 2 people, 1 fills me fine (think it is about 400g). They are actually loaded with pepperoni, quite a high % on the list, if you were to buy the pepperoni on its own at the deli counter it would actually cost more than the €1.69! Cooks in 8 mins as it is fresh and the only spit on it is your own, if you so wish ;)

You can't compare tesco pizzas to franchise store pizza. You're sacrificing some of the taste for a cheaper price. If you're fine with that fair enough, myself I prefer to get mine from an independent pizzeria.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This isin't America!...we don't tip in Ireland!!

Advertisement