Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RSA & SGS - First Time Pass?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

yep brian,I also heard €120ish per test that sgs were getting per test, but they would only get paid if the test was conducted so any non conducted tests and no shows. I worked a saturday one time and out of 9 tests, 1 person turned up,

So with the test fee gone up, people will have to take it more seriously than they have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sunjammer

driverite wrote: »
    yep brian,I also heard €120ish per test that sgs were getting per test, but they would only get paid if the test was conducted so any non conducted tests and no shows. I worked a saturday one time and out of 9 tests, 1 person turned up,

So with the test fee gone up, people will have to take it more seriously than they have already.

I doubt that €75 will have any real effect on test "no shows" its only an extra €37 a year to those people who make the habit of not showing up in order to get another 12 month LP. The simple solution would be to create a zero tolerance or lets say a 2 strike rule where by a no show = no new LP and it may help reduce waiting times by cutting out this nonsense of no shows

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Simon Jester

If they were really serious about no-shows they would ask for a deposit, maybe 100 euro that is refunded after taking a test (whether pass or fail).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I failed first time with SGS, so a completely stupid reason - i feel.

and passed then with RSA. The RSA man shouted at me for about 5 minutes on why he didnt want to pass me and why i was a bad driver - i got 5 random blue marks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Buffman

The RSA man shouted at me for about 5 minutes on why he didnt want to pass me and why i was a bad driver - i got 5 random blue marks

Surely he wouldn't have passed you if he taught you were that bad. Did he really shout at you?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Buffman wrote: »
    Surely he wouldn't have passed you if he taught you were that bad. Did he really shout at you?

yip, he nearly had me in tears. (which is a hard thing to do )

he main problem was not slowing whenever i seen a pedestrian in case they ran out in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

Sunjammer wrote: »
    I doubt that €75 will have any real effect on test "no shows" its only an extra €37 a year to those people who make the habit of not showing up in order to get another 12 month LP. The simple solution would be to create a zero tolerance or lets say a 2 strike rule where by a no show = no new LP and it may help reduce waiting times by cutting out this nonsense of no shows

I think where it might help is that you're not going to get people sending in 3 or 4 applications for tests to try and beat the backlog and then not turn up or notify the RSA if they pass 1st time

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sunjammer

greyc wrote: »
    I think where it might help is that you're not going to get people sending in 3 or 4 applications for tests to try and beat the backlog and then not turn up or notify the RSA if they pass 1st time

Surely the RSA could stop that practice too by only allowing one application per "driver number" on their system at any one time, It should not be too difficult for their computer system to handle in this day and age.... or would it? :rolleyes::)

Advertisement