Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G Scar Light Vs. VFC Scar Light (discussion)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cloud8295

I forgot to mention the vfc does have amazing externals in terms of looks but in terms of strength both are equal also if ur ever looking into getting a pistol get a Tm meu iv had mine for ages now and it's running perfectly screw metal frames and slides it just ruins has efficiency

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jules909

I'll be picking up my VFC SCAR-L next week, which is the better option a 9.6v NiMH or a 7.4 Li-Po?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

jules909 wrote: »
    I'll be picking up my VFC SCAR-L next week, which is the better option a 9.6v NiMH or a 7.4 Li-Po?

depends on the "C" rating of the li-po.

20+ is the way to go.

All gibberish to me!
    Will a Li-Po last longer before charges and will I need extra batteries for a full days skirmish?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

All gibberish to me!
    Will a Li-Po last longer before charges and will I need extra batteries for a full days skirmish?

how long is a piece of string?
    it depends on the "mAh" rating on the battery, the bigger the figure before the "mAh" part the longer it will last.
    but as with any battery, li-po or otherwise if you relax your index finger a bit more the battery will last longer :D

• Advertisement

Thanks thermo for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭LAPUA

I run mine on a 7.4v LiPo, but the standard motor is a bit weak. Change it for a G&P m120 or a High Torque and it'll give the SCAr that ooomf it deserves, because externally, it's epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

All gibberish to me!

The "C" rating that thermo referred to is the charge/current rating; i.e. how much throughput the battery will put out at any given point in time.

For example; ASG 7.4v lipo batteries are a pile of steaming sh*te because they are 15C and a bog-standard 8.4v mini Nimh battery will perform better than it when plugged into a VFC Scar. So what can we draw from that? Avoid the ASG lipo batteries, and before you buy, check the C rating that is available (or ask if in doubt). You want 20C or higher as already mentioned.

If you're having no joy locally, Component shop are a great place to buy batteries from; and from that page I run this in my VFC scar with tons of room to spare, so could probably take a 2200mah offering if I wanted.

Sound Lemming!

Advertisement