Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G Scar Light Vs. VFC Scar Light (discussion)

Options
  • 06-04-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

I hope I have this in the right place apologies to mods if I don't.

I was interested in investing in a Scar Light but was torn between the G&G version and VFC. From my experience of other AEG both companies produce they are both top notice but I have no experience of the G&G or VFC Scar on the skirmish field only the show room experience.

I was hoping somebody could shed light on the difference from asthetics to technicial waffle. From "it looks pretty", to "the rate of fire will have everyone running for cover". :p

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

a mate of mine was just after going through the same choice as you are looking at. he did his homework and went with the g+g. supposedly the vfc has a less reliable gearbox. the g+g is a standard ver2 gearbox, making it easier to replace and repair, unlike the vfc. thats what he found out anyway. i have no first hand experience.
    he bought the g+g scar here on boards the other day for 270e. he loves it. i cant get past the "its tan" thing. really not for me. but the feel of it is real nice, and it shoots real well too. as well as you would expect from such an expensive piece. its real light too, but feels super solid.
    hope these ramblings help. we will be at the gathering, and i am sure he will be willing to give you a blast wih it. might even let you shoot it too. lol. good luck in your hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

From personal experience I'd say the VFC has a bullet proof gearbox but it does have a custom fireselector switch and plate which is a wee bit of a pain should you need to open it/re-assemble it... but apart from that, it's V2 also.
    You will go through the motor quicker than anything in the gearbox...
    I wrongly opened mine after about 40-50K rounds - thinking there was something wrong with it - the gearbox and piston was absoloutely perfect. It turned out to be the motor which although was still turning - had lost all it's torque. I've seen the same problem on at least one other.

Personally I prefer the cosmetics of the VFC. I think it's generally accepted that the VFC has the best externals on the market but a few things like nylon bushings and a plastic hop-up, give the impression that others made with metal are somehow better. I dont know - the stock ones seem pretty damned good to me anyway, and were still perfect after 40-50K too.

I dont own - nor have I really used the G&G, so I cant honestly comment on it without sounding biased, but in all honesty I'd say with either AEG; you should be very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

yeah exactly I was wanted to make sure if i'm spending that much cash on an AEG I get the right make.

Thanks for the input anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

I have the VFC version too and it is excellent especially the externals. My motor went a little while ago also but for less than 30 quid it was up and running again better than ever.

I don't have any experience with G&G but have only heard postive things about them.

Either way I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

VFC AM best....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Nah id be more inclined to go with te G&G. the VFC has a nice take down ability but other than that it doesn't have anything over the G&G. its certainly not as reliable as the G&G either. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

does anyone have experience with both the VFC and G&G?

Theres a fair price gap here

Cheers.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

I own the vfc and have used the g&g. VFC all the way for me.

Cheers, have ordered the VFC from the lads in QAS.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

So what is better then, performance wise.

G&G or VFC? I want one, I'll be throwing in a 9.6v and TB Barrel and Guarder Hop-Up. Just curious as too which one is best then, if those upgrades will be going in regardless of brand?

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »

G&G or VFC? I want one, I'll be throwing in a 9.6v and TB Barrel and Guarder Hop-Up. Just curious as too which one is best then, if those upgrades will be going in regardless of brand?

not sure about the g&g, but Charlie in QAS gave me a demo of a VFC Scar SSR today.

lets put it this way, I handed him a deposit on the spot.

Final question- Do MAG brand Mid-Caps feed into a VFC SCAR? Im so tempted.

Final question- Do MAG brand Mid-Caps feed into a VFC SCAR? Im so tempted.

They do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Their both reliable and capable take those upgrades, both got good rep. I have the g&g version and i love it. I have a tightbore, guarder and a high speed motor in it...no need to touch the gears as i was tolded it was well shimmed to being with. If its the likes of 9.6v or 7.4 lipo thats grand but if its 11.1lipo then you may need to spend a bit more to handle it the extra juice..

But the G&G version will be cheaper to begin with so the money saved in comparison to the vfc could go to the upgrades..

Bottom line both are good and reliable, vfc is more bucks at the end of the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

so people say VFC have very nice externals
    and G&G have lovely internals,sound and reliable which i no
    so why not get a VFC and just swap out the parts for G&G parts?
    looks like a VFC
    runs like a G&G
    perfect combo...
    thats if it would work,also costs more money but atleast you'd have some back up VFC parts for it

$kilkenny wrote: »
    so people say VFC have very nice externals
    and G&G have lovely internals,sound and reliable which i no
    so why not get a VFC and just swap out the parts for G&G parts?
    looks like a VFC
    runs like a G&G
    perfect combo...
    thats if it would work,also costs more money but atleast you'd have some back up VFC parts for it

The internals on VFC are as good as they get. The externals are better than the rest. In my opinion the VFC has the best internals and externals - but it comes at a price.
    The G&G is a close second with typically good internals. I've seen a few G&G's eat themselves - no so with the VFC, but that's my own experience.

If you saw/heard a VFC in action - you'd know what I mean. The G&G is a superb, accurate and well built gun also - and for at least 100 lids cheaper is a better option for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

+1 on the VFC love.
    I'm lucky enough to own a VFC HK416 that was picked up here on boards - and it's perfect, internally and externally. I would have probably debated the value of paying the bit extra for the VFC before I got my hands on one - but now I'm sold. I've switched to GBBRs lately and I'm currently putting my milsim GBBR loadout together - but my next aeg will be a VFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭AlanLangford

VFC Scar L is WAY better then the G&G Scar L . G&G are great i have a raider(Shot) right now . But you cant beat VFC to G&G .

In regards to the VFC SCAR-H:

As I recall there are three types. CQCQ, Standard and Long.

If I buy the CQC, Can I make it long like the standard? Or if I buy the standard can that extended barrell be removed to make it a CQC for CQB play?

Does the barrel length differ in any of the three?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

To my knowledge, now I could be completely wrong, with the CQC version, you can get a barrel extension, but you'd need to buy a longer inner barrel and with the long version or standard (what ever you wanna call it) it can't be changed. I haven't had a VFC Scar across my desk so I'm not too sure, I suppose thats a testament to them anyway :)

• Advertisement

Sounds like the CQC would be the better buy in that case, giving you the option to change is always nice.

Any idea what the barrel length on either is?

Sounds like the CQC would be the better buy in that case, giving you the option to change is always nice.

Any idea what the barrel length on either is?

http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/newsite/products.asp?class=5&main=AEG&cname=DS-Others

Barrel lengths under each gun detail.

MK17 CQC FDE (DX) has an inner barrel length of 340mm. Lovely. Now, What exaclty does that DX mean?

MK17 CQC FDE (DX) has an inner barrel length of 340mm. Lovely. Now, What exaclty does that DX mean?

I think the DX version is like the DeluX versions - comes with both length barrels and possibly in a nice plastic case. (well it was with mine).

Hmm, So is 340mm the standard's barrell or the CQCs barrel. Stupid VFC website :S

And to Leftyflip, Any idea where I would pick up one of those barrel extensions for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭dunnyg36kv

hey, i sold my g&g scar L for a vfc scar L.
    i only had the g&g a short while and had to replace the piston is it,
    whereas i bought the vfc 2nd hand and apart from a minor issue (resoldered one wire in the gearbox to reduce power consumption,) its running perfect, the one i bought is over a yr old and still flying now, the g&g one is good too, for 100 quid less, you wont be sorry no matter what one you buy, although the g&g wires are exposed wen you fold the stock and the vfc wires are not.
    just dont go buying a jls scar ha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

I wanted to put a 509 mm tightbore on my G&G SCAR L (357 mm). After reading the thread about barrel suck I got a bit confused. Does anyone know what type of cylinder this model has? Also, what increase in fps should I expect?

Marcin B wrote: »
    I wanted to put a 509 mm tightbore on my G&G SCAR L (357 mm). After reading the thread about barrel suck I got a bit confused. Does anyone know what type of cylinder this model has? Also, what increase in fps should I expect?

Not sure about the G&G but the VFC model uses a vented cylinder with barrels <380 and non-vented for barrels over 380mm long. Dont know regarding expected increases - something you might have to actually try first. Sry.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭dunnyg36kv

my gr16 had a vented cylinder, mayb the scar hs too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cloud8295

I currently own a G&G UMG, raider, scar-L and a VFC scar-L and in
    MY opinion the g&gs all run a lot smoother and take upgrades a heck of a lot easier I currently have a G&p body on my raider and a systema piston and gears in my g&g scar and it is AMAZING I tried the same for my vfc and it didn't go to well plus the selector plate is iffy and proprietary. And another major issue with the vfc scar-h is that is has a propriatary mag well which is bad for finding mags. I run mag midcaps in all my guns EXCEPT MY VFC because they feed terribly in them.

I hope I helped and I hope I'm not being biased but from my experience of owning both the g&g seems like a far safer option

Advertisement