Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone get the DSi?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

Is it worth getting one in Smyths for €169 and 2 free (probably crappy) games even if my old DS is kinda broke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Jason2379 wrote: »
    Is it worth getting one in Smyths for €169 and 2 free (probably crappy) games even if my old DS is kinda broke?
    Well we are just going to give you our own opinions, biased.

Choose for yourself, it's a good price if that is what you were wondering, I bought my DSl for €200 with 1 game in Smyths -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

I got one recently and I'm very happy with it. The bigger screen is nice and is actually what I like the most about the DSi.

The ability to adjust the brightness without shutting down a game is also great! The browser is much nicer and free and the ability to upgrade the firmware is a good idea. When I first used the DSi, there was no anti-aliasing on the fonts and it looked horrible; I then updated it and they had fixed it.

Battery life isn't as good as the DS lite but it's not that bad; I'd still get about 4/5 days out of it.

There isn't much DSiware at the moment, so I'm saving the 1000 points. Hopefully some good stuff will be released soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The bigger/brighter screens (compared to the original DS anyway) are great. I'm saving my 1000 DSiware points too, nothing interests me yet.

The cameras and music features are pointless in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ickle_pwincess

i want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

The cameras and music features are pointless in my opinion.

I can't see myself using them much either. The face recognition in the camera application worked surprisingly well though. You can also use the DSi as an mp3 player if you want, which is kind of handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

mobius42 wrote: »
    You can also use the DSi as an mp3 player if you want, which is kind of handy.
    I though it only plays AAC?

You're right, it only plays AAC. Sorry, I just used mp3 player as a generic term.:o

wes wrote: »
    It can do some version of WPA from what I have read. I have got one myself, but I don't have WPA setup on my home network, but from what I have read online it should work.

New games will have support for WPA on the DSi but existing titles won't. Also, the DSi is region locked, presumably just for the online content.

Advertisement