Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baileys Pub (formerly Mojo)

Options
  • 03-04-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

HI

i passed this new bar on Patrick's street on way home yesterday. it's apparantly opening tonight. it looks quite classy from the outside. it would be great to have a new alternaative to drink in. and hopefully they'll manage to keep the scum out. i thought mojos was fine when it first opened. sadly more and more knacks started coming in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'll give it a miss unless they have a radical change in door policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

They had a door policy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

the classier a place looks the more knackers seem to go, stopping guys in a T-shirt and pair of jeans and letting guys in with slacks and a pink shirt man. How many name changes has that plcae had?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

too many, i heard a guy from ennis has it now, so prob gonna be all new door staff in there, at least i hope there is, i always liked the layout of the place, it's just the clientèle that turned me off going in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Is it different owners ya? If the owners are diferent they might have a better crowd in there, I thought Mojos was a very young crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Has it anything to do with the Bailey in Cork?

If so should be a good spot. Has there been a complete makeover or just the outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

betonit wrote: »
    ...How many name changes has that plcae had?

The No.15
    Boxwells
    Macks Cafe Bar
    Mojo
    The Bailey (not Baileys Pub)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

what I can't understand is, with dress codes, they'll let well dressed nacks into pubs, and we all know nacks love their labels.
    I think, within reason, it shouldn't matter what you're wearing as long as you're not a nutter....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mojo's was ace when it first opened but as people above have said, more and more knacks kept going there, the last time i was there, the music was good, but the crowd was bleached blonde and rough!

Hope this turns out better! Need somewhere to compete with Nancys! Love Nancys, but if there were another bar like it, would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

its def a new guy running it and the lod guy is now in the bitter end. id expect mojos crowed will be in the bitter end. cant wait to see the bailey anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Paulegend wrote: »
    its def a new guy running it and the lod guy is now in the bitter end. id expect mojos crowed will be in the bitter end. cant wait to see the bailey anyways

There is no new owner of The Bailey it still belongs to Decci Dillon, he also opening up Bitterend, is renting out Foley's (used to be Small Claws). There is also roumors of him going to open Harris's bar opposite to Jury's.

BravoMike wrote: »
    There is no new owner of The Bailey it still belongs to Decci Dillon, he also opening up Bitterend, is renting out Foley's (used to be Small Claws). There is also roumors of him going to open Harris's bar opposite to Jury's.

sorry dude but he never owned mojos. he had a little fall out with the actually owner he will remain. i never said it was a new owner. decci was renting mojos. now the owner is back and has hired some1 to run it. the lad running it use to work in dublin in the bailey. or baileys. i dont know the actually name. decci is in the bitter end now. i didnt know about small claws but do doubt it sense he was always in mojos. it was his "baby" if you will. he was in riddlers and thomond parks bar the club house but disagreements again..... also was in the bar out in corbally. i like decci doh i hope he does go into harris's aswell. but hopefully he will make bitterend the place for kids and scum:) and harriss the cool one:)

this report was brought to you by the legend

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Ah ok. I know one of the bouncers there and the way he was talking about him I thought he was the owner. My bad

BravoMike wrote: »
    Ah ok. I know one of the bouncers there and the way he was talking about him I thought he was the owner. My bad

ah dont worry in fairness doh technically renting it was owning it:) i cant wait to see what these knew places are like doh. i need a change from nancys and micky martins

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

According to the Post this week the guy running the Bailey used to run one of Charlie Chawkes bars in Dublin city centre. It looks very nice, I'll definately be checking it out.

Just drove past a while ago! Looks minted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

is it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It opened Friday night.

Was in there last night, was very cool. They have a table service, staff are very nice too and not one skanger in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Was in there last night, was very cool. They have a table service, staff are very nice too and not one skanger in sight

People said that about Nevada Smyths, Nestors and Mojos too. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this is Limerick, its only a matter of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

except you ,lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Mojos is heading to Harris's. Rumour is they're even keeping the mojo name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

zuroph wrote: »
    Mojos is heading to Harris's. Rumour is they're even keeping the mojo name.
    Harris's as in the place at riverpoint?

I thought there were two restaurants there, Holywell and Flamenco something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

yip, thats the one.

Chong wrote: »
    Harris's as in the place at riverpoint?

I thought there were two restaurants there, Holywell and Flamenco something.

They lasted about a week....literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

They lasted about a week....literally.
    Jaysus what a joke, I always thought it looked quiet there.

Chong wrote: »
    Jaysus what a joke, I always thought it looked quiet there.

I know.
    All the cutlery and crockery is still on the tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

I hope they change their door staff. Those lads seemed to pick at random who they let in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

All the cutlery and crockery is still on the tables.
    Haha, ya I noticed that passing yesterday.

Advertisement