Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling or Swapping Watches & Timepieces - **read first post**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 entdecker

entdecker wrote:
    The rapport is a great wristwatch! Why do you sell it?
    Zagato wrote: »
    I think he's selling the watch winder box
    Okay, I didn't see that. But why only the winder box?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

entdecker wrote: »
    Okay, I didn't see that. But why only the winder box?

I was only selling the watch winder as it only fits two automatic watches and I need something that will hold more than that?
    Haven't decided on whether to make the fairly significant investment in a winder that will hold more watches yet. It's now sold anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

my Glycine Incursore is for sale, special price for people of boards if u PM me ;)

http://www.adverts.ie/946740

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Am looking at selling a few old watches I have

They aint expensive and just want rid...

Should I sell individually or as a job lot?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

You'll get more for them individually probably, but it depends on what they are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've been offered a straight swap for my Tag - a Citizen Ecodrive Calibre 2100. What do you think? It looks pretty nice from what I can tell.

Going by google images, it actually seems to look a lot different on the wrist then it does on their own site.

AV0031-59A.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

This can be bought new for $300-$400. How does that add up with your valuation of your own watch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, it does come in under what I paid for the Tag. But I'm getting pissed off trying to sell it, between the one post wonders on adverts and the scammers on eBay. I'll sleep on it, I think.

Eoin wrote: »
    Yeah, it does come in under what I paid for the Tag. But I'm getting pissed off trying to sell it, between the one post wonders on adverts and the scammers on eBay. I'll sleep on it, I think.

Are you on TZ?

I'm not - might sign up, but I think you have to notch up a number of posts before you can sell anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

I'm not - might sign up, but I think you have to notch up a number of posts before you can sell anything.

Yeah its up to 250 posts now as far as I know and 50 before you can even see the sales corner whilst logged in! Even though you can see it unregged?!
    Keep bumping it on adverts whenever you can and hope for the best.

Maybe it's just mee but I can't see the sales corner anymore unregged or not logged in??

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Homer wrote: »
    Maybe it's just mee but I can't see the sales corner anymore unregged or not logged in??

It's not just you. They seem to have blocked it unless you are logged in and have over 50 posts.

It seems to be a hot topic on TZ, with some welcoming the move, while others consider it ridiculous.

They do seem a little precious on that site at times. :rolleyes:

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    This can be bought new for $300-$400. How does that add up with your valuation of your own watch?

Decided to pass, and be patient. eBay have just invoiced me for the seller's fees, despite me not being paid, as it was clearly a scammer that "bought" it. What a pain in the arse.

That is a pain. Do they charge the same fees when relisting?

Yep, until the case is resolved and it's refunded. But I didn't realise they take 10% of the final selling value as well as the listing fees! So I'm being charged €40 in total, because someone has apparently bought my watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

Yep, until the case is resolved and it's refunded. But I didn't realise they take 10% of the final selling value as well as the listing fees! So I'm being charged €40 in total, because someone has apparently bought my watch.

Same thing happened to me with a Rolex a few years ago, I see their policy hasn't changed, I moved to the states before mine was resolved and I never got my refund....which was almost 100Euro.....I was able to transfer my eBay account but could not claim the money I was owed in another jurisdiction, I'm sure they have many many millions of Euro in holding accounts like that from all of the transactions they handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

one of the reasons that they should change their name to feebay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

In fact, to continue my rant, I don't believe they will refund your money, as far as I remember - and it was 4 years ago BUT, I think the only way you will be refunded is by way of credit in your eBay account not a cash refund. F'ing scam

I think I can request a refund, once the case is resolved. It's put me off selling stuff on eBay again though. No more impulse purchases for me; really pissed off with the whole thing. I don't know what I was thinking.

Are you with Paypal?

I only ever use Paypal to buy and sell on the bay

• Advertisement

Yep, with PayPal. I haven't been scammed as such as I spotted it very quick (it's always so obvious), but it's just the bloody red tape that's holding things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

http://www.adverts.ie/other-jewellery-watches/ltd-ceramic-watch-limited-edition-unisex/979731 Selling an LTD brand ceramic watch, it was an unwanted prize so i've never worn it. Number 44 0f 150 in this style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

:( My baby has to go so I can upgrade my bike

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/tag-heuer-indy-500-mens-wrist-watch/993078

This watch is like new and has being on my wrist only 4/5 times .
    In the 4/5 times it was on me 2 people said it was wonderful looking that has never happened to me before .

My Omega has to go to help me fund a gps I am very fond of it but needs be
    http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/omega-1961-watch/1055325

What you guys think .

It's very nice Carpenter. If it had been a black faced version I would bite. I missed out on a lovely one from 1949 last night. Not too dissimilar to this one.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    It's very nice Carpenter. If it had been a black faced version I would bite. I missed out on a lovely one from 1949 last night. Not too dissimilar to this one.

Thank you Bullseye1 it is a sweet looking watch and I will be sorry to see it go but I am sure somebody will look after it the way I did :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nice watch C and at that money very good value IMHO. A vintage Omega for 250 quid? Personally I'd not drop an inch on the price.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nice watch C and at that money very good value IMHO. A vintage Omega for 250 quid? Personally I'd not drop an inch on the price.

Thank you but if I have to drop a bit so be it :confused:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement