Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling or Swapping Watches & Timepieces - **read first post**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks Wibbs.

Still not 100% sure about selling the Tissot, but the fact is that I've 4 sort of similar looking chronos, and 3 of them were gifts which I wouldn't sell.

I'm thinking of getting a Seiko diver / Steinhart or something along those lines. Really getting into the Rolex GMT homages(?) at the moment.

As much as I've love an Omega Seamaster, it's just way out of my budget for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

few quid off my Breitling

http://www.adverts.ie/1470171

Am surprised this hasn't gone yet...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Wibbs wrote: »
    Good value both IMHO E. If I had a more manly wrist and/or could swim I'd be tempted myself.:)

Both sold - time to start searching for a replacement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Does crick from adverts post here?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Does crick from adverts post here?

Not that I have seen. That guy has some lovely watches in his collection. He actually has a well priced Speedy on adverts at the minute, although it's not the model of Speedy Pro most people look for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Thanks for the swift reply, yeah I'm after a speedy but am holding out for a 321 cal. I really his other omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Final bump and price reduction before I withdraw my Tag Heuer Calibre 36/Zenith movement.

http://www.adverts.ie/mens-watches/tag-heuer-link-calibre-36/593598

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Very nice Homer. If I hadn't already got a Link Chrono I'd be all over this. GLWS.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Homer wrote: »
    Final bump and price reduction before I withdraw my Tag Heuer Calibre 36/Zenith movement.

That's a mad bargain H. TBH I'd be looking overseas if you don't get a local sale in double quick time. It won't last long compared to here IMH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Hello all,

Never realised this thread existed and I'm delighted I found it. I have a Tag Link that was bought in 2006 for around €1600. I have the box and all papers somewhere. I would like to swap it for another watch of similar value if anyone was interested.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hey Homer...

You had this offer

"€1 Offered
    Love the watch.
    Completely broke, but how about I do more manual labour than you can shake a stick at, and build you a website?
    Can also be a personal audio book, photographer, and hardware tech.
    Bit of graphic design on the side too.
    Great at washing dishes. I'll wash all of your dishes.
    Bonus: carpet cleaner, gutter cleaner, expert ikea furtiture builder, spag-bol chef and competent swordsman. You can have one of my swords too. Hand made ninjatō, but in the style of a nihonto. Though that's worth a decent amount and would cut down on potential services.
    I can also teach you how to play moonlight sonata, first movement and give you some good books to read.
    Wha'daya think?"

Sounds good ....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sunster

Thats a stunning Link chrono with the el primero movement. You should definitely stick this up on a couple of the watch forums.

Sunster wrote: »
    Thats a stunning Link chrono with the el primero movement. You should definitely stick this up on a couple of the watch forums.

I agree! I'll give it a couple of days on adverts and then pull it and re-list it somewhere with a more appreciative audience! Any tips on where to list it? I haven't the required post found yet for TZ.

I think this watch is certainly more for the enthusiast, as otherwise its just a Tag with chrono function. You should participate more on TZ, and if you do it shouldn't be long anyway to get your post numbers up. I think it may be your best bet. Otherwise it's Timezone, Watchuseek or the bay. It's actually a difficult watch to put a value on as they appear quite rare on the forums

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

I agree! I'll give it a couple of days on adverts and then pull it and re-list it somewhere with a more appreciative audience! Any tips on where to list it? I haven't the required post found yet for TZ.

Im sure someone can help on tz, if you can detail the listing to me and its a genuine watchicon12.gif
    I will list it for you. never done it before but happy to help

Done a bit of searching around to try to help with a value. Hard to value as none have sold on the forums for a number of years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I've seen a few Zenith Rainbow chronos (with El Primero movement, but quite small at 39/40mm) sell for around £1500 on tz-uk. Although most of those were on strap rather than bracelet.
    The problem with watch sites is the in-built anti-Tag snobbery that seems to be on all of them might count against it. :rolleyes:

bogmanfan wrote: »
    I've seen a few Zenith Rainbow chronos (with El Primero movement, but quite small at 39/40mm) sell for around £1500 on tz-uk. Although most of those were on strap rather than bracelet.
    The problem with watch sites is the in-built anti-Tag snobbery that seems to be on all of them might count against it. :rolleyes:

The Tags and Breitlings aren't doing well on that front and there does seem to be a substantial devaluation of these watches within the microclimate of the watch forums

from what I know tag are priced between 700-3000, hard to get more for the amazing engine.
    I had this issue with a special edition monaco I had, worth way more than reg monaco, saying that tag has special sites selling so enthusiasts may well be searching for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I just stuck up an enquiry on tz-uk so see if anyone responds

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218123

The watch world is a hard one to fathom sometimes, and despite constantly slagging off 'fashion watches' the members are as guided by fashion as any Vogue reader. There's lots of talk of 'engineering' and 'tool', yet they'll pay twice as much for a 2-handed ETA-engined watch (PAM) as they'd pay for a bracelet-clad chronograph with the greatest ever chrono movement. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

good work that man!!:)

I have used this guy before

http://www.tagexchange.co.uk/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Iyet they'll pay twice as much for a 2-handed ETA-engined watch (PAM) as they'd pay for a bracelet-clad chronograph with the greatest ever chrono movement. :rolleyes:
    QFT. The other side of the fashion coin is that you can get real bargains in "unfashionable" marques and models.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Homer i see there was an offer of €1450 offered. Was it genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry Ftw

Could anyone here give a rough guestimate on how much a gold glycine watch would be worth? It was bought in 2006 and has never been worn. Thanks.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Homer i see there was an offer of €1450 offered. Was it genuine?

No, mate of mine trying to be funny! :p

LOL.

Could anyone here give a rough guestimate on how much a gold glycine watch would be worth? It was bought in 2006 and has never been worn. Thanks.

Need more details what type of gold, what type of watch and photographs would help.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Need more details what type of gold.

errrrrrrrr..............Yellow Stuff :p

• Advertisement

errrrrrrrr..............Yellow Stuff :p

14k or 18k:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement