Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts Re-launch [Feedback Required!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

I didn't cop it till I got to page 2! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

What date is it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

hang on.............wait for it............ah there it is, a lovely shiny penny.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Its Prob to much hard work but anyway would like to make the Suggestion with regards Bargain ALERTS, Would it be possible to set up a SMS Setup where the Boards user puts in say a Phrase " Blu-Ray" and when a Thread is Started containing the Words the User thats Signed up for the Alert for Blu-rays get a Sms Saying "PowerHouseDan has posted a Bargain Alert containing the Words Blu-Ray " Insert Title". This Obviously would involve the Boards member buying Credits to receive Sms. Would put a whole new perspective on Bargain ALERTS. I know its prob April Fools joke setting up Bargain alerts like Boffer but Said i would put forward the Suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I get jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

basquille wrote: »
    The Freebie List will be available in a new section of the site - available only to moderators and subscribers.

lol! Guess this is an april fool joke. or else other mods must have made a fool of basquille! "available only to moderators and subscribers" you are forgetting thats its the general public who post up freebies, bargain alerts etc. Boards members may as well tell the mods and subscribers to shove it if they can't make use of the forum! seriously I hope this is an april fool joke. strange there is no post from RUU the only SENSIBLE mod on here

No changes need to be made.

However, if you absolutely must change something, make more sub-boards. Make electrical items, groceries, etc. have their own board, so if you're looking for cheap DVDs you don't have to sift through threads about cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

More like vice versa. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Excellent idea. Tho, CuLT needs to work on his desin skills a bit.

Fair play lads, you really thought this one through and its worked so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

think its fine as it tbh

if it aint broke dont fix it ;)

+1

"Moving forward" I think it'll be embraced by users!

I don't see that much embracing going on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"available only to moderators and subscribers" you are forgetting thats its the general public who post up freebies, bargain alerts etc.
    No, you're mistaken!

Regular registered users can still post on the freebie list but can't view any entries bar the one they've posted until they subscribe.

All submissions for freebies will also be moderated so no duplicates occur.
    Boards members may as well tell the mods and subscribers to shove it if they can't make use of the forum!
    There's enough subscribers who pay €50 a year to Boards and moderators to keep that thread active.. Davy and Ruu are two such examples -both are very regular contributors to the freebie list.
    I don't see that much embracing going on here!
    There's enough people for as there is against... change scares most people - it'll just take some getting used to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Longerview

:D:D:D:D Well done basquille....life is tough in the recession and us bargain alert types need a bit of a enjoyment on 1st April !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

LOL If people just read the actual Relaunch Picture,take a look at the name of the HP Server:

'APRYL FOOL5'

'A hooker stole 2GB of RAM'
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

".... and by authorities, we mean we broke her legs" :P

I hope that part wasnt a joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Pity they started deleting all the early posts about how this was April Fools to try to keep the charade going. TBH it was a poor one and easily spotted.

MC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Pity they started deleting all the early posts about how this was April Fools to try to keep the charade going. TBH it was a poor one and easily spotted.

MC

Why is it a pity? What was a pity was that some people felt they had to show off how "clever" they were and try to ruin it. For something so easily spotted, enough people seemed to have fallen for it. A lot more if certain people didn't feel the urge to show off. You're probably the type who interrupts people in the middle of a joke or magic trick and shouts "I KNOW THIS ONE!!!!!"

Because ye tired to stupidly pass it off as server problems and God knows boards.ie have had loads of those.

MC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Because ye tired to stupidly pass it off as server problems and God knows boards.ie have had loads of those.

MC

OMG that was an obvious joke directed to you and the others who had their posts deleted. Get over it. I thought it might have given you the hint to keep hush.

I have gotten over it in fact I wouldn't be typing now if it had been a better gag.....
    ;)

We'll think of something less obvious for next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

I thought it was funny...

All credits and complaints to bas for this one ;)

Ah good to see the buck passing start! :)

It's funny that there was actually people unsure this was an April Fool's when the name of the server contained 'Apryl F00L5' (as someone already mentioned).

Thought MunsterCycling would be pleased given he got a mention in the mock-up! :D

Like Blade said, I just thought it was daft that was actually a lot of people who posted in "April Fool's" - it was a joke.. and an obvious April Fool's but let it run it's course!

Anyways, that's the end of it now!

But we are in fact considering making the "freebie list" subscriber-only! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Curse these April Fool jokes that I only come across for the first time 2 days later when I've forgotten all about it :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

@MunsterCycling - When I read it I knew it was a joke (there was a few give aways in there) but still found it quite funny. Fair play lads.

Oh and that quote of mine is only a half truth. There are no lion bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭istabrac77

Any chance of setting up a forum page for remarks, opinions, ramblings and chats on General Bargain Alerts ...
    .... Maybe even call it "Forum for Bargain Rambles".

Shouldn't bargain alerts be for cold hard facts on ....Bargain alerts. No more. Sort of tired reading through endless ramblings to find a bargain.

Think it is missing the purpose for which it was set up.

My two cents anyway.

istabrac77 wrote: »
    Any chance of setting up a forum page for remarks, opinions, ramblings and chats on General Bargain Alerts ...
    .... Maybe even call it "Forum for Bargain Rambles".

Shouldn't bargain alerts be for cold hard facts on ....Bargain alerts. No more. Sort of tired reading through endless ramblings to find a bargain.

Think it is missing the purpose for which it was set up.

My two cents anyway.
    Pfft.. April Fool's was 2 days ago! ;)

Is that a serious request istabrac77? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭istabrac77

Pfft.. April Fool's was 2 days ago! ;)

Is that a serious request istabrac77? :eek:

:rolleyes:

Have noticed the drop in actual bargains being posted, maybe people are not logging on to bargain alerts to post bargains but for a rant.

Is there any website that just post Bargains?

• Advertisement

Probably best to start a thread in Feedback but I really don't understand where you're coming from! :confused:

Just looking at the front page of BA now.. and I see no "rants".

Advertisement