Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts Re-launch [Feedback Required!]

Options
  • 01-04-2009 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and the rest of the Bargain Alerts mods have been in discussion with CuLT to revitalize the Bargain Alerts section of the site.

It's starting to feel a bit stale and numerous other improvements have been shot down in the past (tags etc.).

But this time, we're planning a full on re-launch and we think it'll fit nicely in with how other sites are approaching it - it's a niché market but we think our new design has enough going for it to blend in snuggly with what's already out there.

I've attached a mock-up of how the new site will look!

Feedback, as usual, is welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another boards sell out.... :mad:
    What is this site coming to?

I don't want you as a co-mod in Television any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nonsense.. it's not "selling out"!

Not at all, it's a "sparking pool" in terms of development. We're not just throwing out a "state-of-the-art anything". It'll be "professionally managed" by mods.

"Moving forward" I think it'll be embraced by users!

Some of my favourite marketing phrases there!

EDIT: And I don't even watch TV that much anymore.. I prefer a good book / ultimate fighting tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I bid 2c for the server. :D

I have some suggestions for other products which you could sell;
    dehydrated water, the hydraulic cement humidifier, double sided transperencies, a fallopian tube, a blunt knife and a glass hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I support this move wholeheartedly.

And to further this motion,

I propose that BA hooks up with the sham that is the Newstalk Breakfast Show's Bargain Alert email - and either run it for them of direct all of their traffic to the BA forum.

Thats my bit taken care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

think its fine as it tbh

if it aint broke dont fix it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

think its fine as it tbh

if it aint broke dont fix it ;)

+1 here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

basquille wrote: »
    Myself and the rest of the Bargain Alerts mods have been in discussion with CuLT to revitalize the Bargain Alerts section of the site.

It's starting to feel a bit stale and numerous other improvements have been shot down in the past (tags etc.).

But this time, we're planning a full on re-launch and we think it'll fit nicely in with how other sites are approaching it - it's a niché market but we think our new design has enough going for it to blend in snuggly with what's already out there.

I've attached a mock-up of how the new site will look!

Feedback, as usual, is welcome!
    I will say I love Bargain Alerts as it is, I like reading through, we dont need anything fancy , there are plenty of sites out there that do that currently.

Sorry Bas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Boards comin to a monitor near you in Technicolour

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Joost wrote: »
    I will say I love Bargain Alerts as it is, I like reading through, we dont need anything fancy , there are plenty of sites out there that do that currently.

Sorry Bas.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

+1

I agree also +1 don't change a thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Don't change it at all, especially if it will "work" as well as Adverts.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I'll take it once I can collect so I don't have to pay the AnPost delivery free... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I think its great either way, it'd be nice if people cut down on the "buy one get one free on packs of easy single cheese in tesco" threads

It would be good if users could rate the bargains and then we have the option of sorting them by their ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 16,018 ✭✭✭✭event

this is gas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

I thought it was obvious;)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

and where would the venerable Freebies List go?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Where did my post go .... ;):p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

No changes please! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

GBX wrote: »

Mine too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭johnnyboy08

celticfc wrote: »
    No changes please! :cool:

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tester46 wrote: »
    Perhaps when you click on Ruu's top tips you would link from there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

GBX wrote: »

We're just having some technical difficulties today, some posts may mysteriously vanish, should be back to normal tomorrow, I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tester46 wrote: »
    The Freebie List will be available in a new section of the site - available only to moderators and subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

I think for a proper re-launch you'd need to go big...

...like get one of those blimp airship things and mount a good projector inside it(pixmania prob have the right one) so as to make a giant screen of the side of the blimp with all the latest Bargain Alerts info visible to the masses. (NB the projector needs to reverse the image, obviously!)

Then fly the whole thing somewhere popular, like Fermanagh or somewhere. Word will get to Greenland, Honduras, Madagascar, Bora Bora, all the big consumer places pretty quick, there'll have to be a new airport built to cater for the huge influx of viewers wanting to get the latest news from the blimp... loads of jobs created, top advertising rates, it'll be just wonderful, prob pull the country out of the recession in one go!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

I think I see whats going on here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Ah People. Really... I Like Finding Offers On Line.

(I feel it's a capital issue. )

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

BTW just heard on RTE news that the Harvey Normans chain are pulling out of Ireland and are giving their stock away at up to 80% off - offer vaild for today only.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

Can't believe this is happening!! and that you're selling a server so cheap! Can't believe this thread is two pages long and only a handful have copped it!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

:rolleyes:

This funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I like it.

+1 from me :)

Advertisement