Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud ringing in my ear, freaked me out

Options
  • 01-04-2009 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Now. I'm well aware of ringing you get in the ears, when there is not enough oxygen to the brain, and you can sometimes get it from tiredness and loud music.

I'm well aware of this "ringing" sound, it's pretty common

But I was browsing the net last night. And out of the blue a high pitch frequency was ringing in my ear and only my left hand side and coming from the left hand side. it was a pitch that is not "loud" but of a different frequency. I just thought maybe I'm imagining things. But it was almost distorting my mind like a wave or something:confused: it was screeching pitch and kind of weird too.

After 30 seconds it was gone. I've never encontered a sound quite like it.

Any thoughts? Any experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Same thing happened me actually yesterday while on the pc.

I always get weird ringings in my ear but this was allot longer and at a different pitch.

I know its probably nothing paranormal but would like to hear some possibilities

probably funny static going on in my old enough pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I get this a few times a month.

Mysterious, do you have any ideas or theories as to what it might be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

in my little humble opinion, i think it depends really on what you are doing,the obvious answer is tinnitus,i have it,but usually only effects me when standing or bending down.
    the "other" ringing i get is when im tuning to spirit world,its a different ringing,more prominent if you like,it also happens if i need to pay attention to something.i could be doing something and the ringing starts.
    when you guys get it,does it feel like a deafening kinda tone,then becomes clearer?
    i dunno what it is,i just know it happens when i adjust my mind to spirit world or when im talking to someone,over the years ive found it to be almost like a request to listen or learn something.
    i suppose the best thing to do is be aware of when it happens,where you are,what your doing ect and try to establish why it happens, i know it happens me when my brain is adjusting to another frequency,but everyone is different,it happens me in meditation also.its a very common thig to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I heard a strange hissing noise yesterday, no idea what it was, tried the old fingers in ears to see if it was tinnitus, which it wasn't ... I'm assuming it was my chair, but not sure how it was making the noise given it doesn't usually make any noises :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

i'll be honest, it actually was like static energy it affected my eyes a bit too like a rush of energy.

I've experienced alot of things. But it's the first time I've experienced this.

karynp wrote: »
    in my little humble opinion, i think it depends really on what you are doing,the obvious answer is tinnitus,i have it,but usually only effects me when standing or bending down.
    Yes I've heard of this condition, this i have experienced. But no what I experienced was not this.

It was foreign, if thats the only way I could put it.
    the "other" ringing i get is when im tuning to spirit world,its a different ringing,more prominent if you like,it also happens if i need to pay attention to something.i could be doing something and the ringing starts.
    when you guys get it,does it feel like a deafening kinda tone,then becomes clearer?
    Yup it was deafening but not loud either, then it was a tuning sound.
    i dunno what it is,i just know it happens when i adjust my mind to spirit world or when im talking to someone,over the years ive found it to be almost like a request to listen or learn something.

I'm trying to question this myself. One on hand I feel it's like something trying to tell you something. Another was like a foriegn entity trying to invade my mind.
    i suppose the best thing to do is be aware of when it happens,where you are,what your doing ect and try to establish why it happens, i know it happens me when my brain is adjusting to another frequency,but everyone is different,it happens me in meditation also.its a very common thig to happen.

Well it hasn't happened since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Dont laugh but would it be an alien signal,just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

mysterious wrote: »
    i'll be honest, it actually was like static energy it affected my eyes a bit too like a rush of energy.

I've experienced alot of things. But it's the first time I've experienced this.
    was playin fifa with a friend the other nite and it affected both my friend and myself,left ear or left side and we both heard or felt it.
    wont freak me out,was only about 20 seconds or so.:confused:

holly1 wrote: »
    Dont laugh but would it be an alien signal,just a thought.

Well I don't know. I understand things beyond this reality, but even I cannot be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I dont know anything about aliens and things,but I have an open mind on such matters and am very interested in the whole thing.I have seen strange things over the years.
    I just thought the way it made you feel was strange.

holly1 wrote: »
    I dont know anything about aliens and things,but I have an open mind on such matters and am very interested in the whole thing.I have seen strange things over the years.
    I just thought the way it made you feel was strange.

Well I have not thought about it that sense, I'm usually someone who comes to careful reasoning and anlyalsation of certain experiences before I actually state and speak of it to another;)

When I get time to reflect on it, I will share it here. Time is now. Time is here. Cus there is no actuall time. So I will delve into more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭jackiebrown

It's funny you've mentioned this cause I've heard it in the last couple of weeks. Personally I believe we're in for big changes. If anyone feels that society and human conciousness is changing you should check out Micheal Tsarion on google video and his 2012 predictions.

The frequency at which the earth is vibrating is changing and we are moving into a new age of aquarious, the water bearer. Pieces, our current age, was prophesised to be a turbulent one for the human race but the 21st of december 2012 (solstice) is supposed to be a very important time.

It's funny you've mentioned this cause I've heard it in the last couple of weeks. Personally I believe we're in for big changes. If anyone feels that society and human conciousness is changing you should check out Micheal Tsarion on google video and his 2012 predictions.

The frequency at which the earth is vibrating is changing and we are moving into a new age of aquarious, the water bearer. Pieces, our current age, was prophesised to be a turbulent one for the human race but the 21st of december 2012 (solstice) is supposed to be a very important time.

Yep. we are been bomborded by cosmosetic energy, light and other forms of matter which is facing the solar system. it is charging the sun and planets within the solar system.

I believe NASA, governments and the Elites already know this. This is actually the main contributor to global warming apparently too;) The whole solar system is experiencing it. We are going into full galaxtic daytime where our solar system is facing the centre of the galaxy, pretty much like when our day is when one side of the earth faces the sun.

Yes there is a shift. I'm going nuts. to be honest. the power is making me do all sort of erratic things:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

well ive found myself getting very political and totally hating anything injust and getting quite angry over things,its as if i no longer have a tolerance for certain types of people,nor do i care what they think.im also finding im getting great healing from spending time with children,all the kids on my road sit with me in my garden when im out,yesterday i was makin em all daisy chains and bracelts ect,and the feeling that washed over me was mad,i in this game a long time and i have to say it almost lifted me off my feet,i was on a high for the day,whatever i did,i was rewarded,or released if you wish from the cloud over the last few weeks.Am very tired of late too,drained.havent been doing hardly any spirit work but i feel the inside of me working away without me trying.
    its weird sometimes,i can just go into a daze for ages,blabbering away in my mind,real solid long blabbers and then snap outv it with absolutly no recollection of what ive been blabbering about,lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭jackiebrown

karynp wrote: »
    well ive found myself getting very political and totally hating anything injust and getting quite angry over things,its as if i no longer have a tolerance for certain types of people,nor do i care what they think.im also finding im getting great healing from spending time with children,all the kids on my road sit with me in my garden when im out,yesterday i was makin em all daisy chains and bracelts ect,and the feeling that washed over me was mad,i in this game a long time and i have to say it almost lifted me off my feet,i was on a high for the day,whatever i did,i was rewarded,or released if you wish from the cloud over the last few weeks.Am very tired of late too,drained.havent been doing hardly any spirit work but i feel the inside of me working away without me trying.
    its weird sometimes,i can just go into a daze for ages,blabbering away in my mind,real solid long blabbers and then snap outv it with absolutly no recollection of what ive been blabbering about,lol

Well from what I understand what your feeling was predicted. Its got something to do with Pluto and its sanitising effects. During this time truth will out. Corruption and lies will be brought to light. You should really watch Michael Tsarion. He was born in Belfast and believes Ireland to have a very important past. He makes total sense.

Well from what I understand what your feeling was predicted. Its got something to do with Pluto and its sanitising effects. During this time truth will out. Corruption and lies will be brought to light. You should really watch Michael Tsarion. He was born in Belfast and believes Ireland to have a very important past. He makes total sense.
    its something to do with pluto!?
    ive watched a small bit of micheal tsarion and it doesnt make sense to me,
    notting important will happen 2012.
    just people living in never never land....

My dreams and thoughts are over actives.
    My power of projections are out of control
    My inner balance is off the mark.
    When I wake up energy levels are all over the place.

My predictions and intuition is becoming scary.
    To the point, I can see through not only people I know but complete strangers. Yesterday my dad told me two people he just seen. I was able to describe what they were and what mental conditions they had. I also knew that the old guy he was talking when we were out walking the rivers was trouble. Later on Dad just confirmed that to me. I'm all my sensese are overactive.

I used to wear contact lenses now I don't need them:eek: I had a hissing sound in my ear this morning when I woke up.

My final conclusion to all of you, I've never experienced this, I don't what it is and I don't know why I'm experiencing it.:confused:

jonbravo wrote: »
    its something to do with pluto!?
    ive watched a small bit of micheal tsarion and it doesnt make sense to me,
    notting important will happen 2012.
    just people living in never never land....

I've heard this a few years ago. From all sorts of astrologists. Some ancient civilizations knew how the planets affected our developments. Many of the world astrologists are talking about pluto and its effects.

Astrology is alot more regarded and respected than it ever was too apparently. People don't regard it as some occult or whacko metaphysical subject. Alot of it is based on nature, science, physics and the laws of how the universe works. It just goes to show what the ancients knew and what we have forgotten.:o

I've heard this a few years ago. From all sorts of astrologists. Some ancient civilizations knew how the planets affected our developments. Many of the world astrologists are talking about pluto and its effects.

Astrology is alot more regarded and respected than it ever was too apparently. People don't regard it as some occult or whacko metaphysical subject. Alot of it is based on nature, science, physics and the laws of how the universe works. It just goes to show what the ancients knew and what we have forgotten.:o
    i just cant buy into that. i`ll have to do my homework on that and get back to you mysterious!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jesus christ man, go to a doctor and have them take a look.

I don't know why on earth you would even consider it being anything 'paranormal' :confused:

Dave! wrote: »
    Jesus christ man, go to a doctor and have them take a look.

I don't know why on earth you would even consider it being anything 'paranormal' :confused:

Not everthing in life, has a medical answer, and not everything you experience has to have a medical diagnosis.

BTW, I'm not jesus christ either. Nor what I experienced affected my health.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Not everthing in life, has a medical answer, and not everything you experience has to have a medical diagnosis.

It could be tinnitus mysterious. Probably caused by stress when 6th banned you from conspiracy theories. I await your return buddy, stay strong. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No, but it's surely more likely that it's a medical problem than anything paranormal...

If it's concerning you then go see a doctor, it could be tinitus and they'll deal with it. If it's not bothering you, then maybe it's someone from the spirit world contacting you. Knock yourself out.

Kernel wrote: »
    It could be tinnitus mysterious. Probably caused by stress when 6th banned you from conspiracy theories. I await your return buddy, stay strong. :)

Oh yeah he banned me for been untentionally off topic, so he decided to threaten me by warning, I was replying to an off topic post that was directed to me. it was a mistake I would apologise too if it was that bad.

Kernal, I'm not sure, i haven't experienced it since. I've had the usual experiences of ear ringing. But this was far more eerie and strange to me. It was only in my left ear and it was a pitching tuning sound. I wasn't light headed or stressed at the time. i don't know I'm not saying it's anything spooky. I did think it was strange. So I was hoping if anyone had experienced something similar. That was my intial reason to creating this thread.
    Cheers for the kind words Kernal:)

Dave! wrote: »
    No, but it's surely more likely that it's a medical problem than anything paranormal...

If it's concerning you then go see a doctor, it could be tinitus and they'll deal with it. If it's not bothering you, then maybe it's someone from the spirit world contacting you. Knock yourself out.

Have I not made myself clear in my first response. It's not medical. It's not affecting my health.

If it is, I will look after that, don't you worry about it;)

This tuning sound is affecting me again:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

This can also be spirit communication, I get it somethings too. I work claiaudiently and sometimes if I am not lisening or getting what they are saying I hear this high pitched sounds, I know it is spsirt trying to communicate with me, hope this helps

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have chronic tinnitus and Im pretty au fait with all things ringing and stuff. Occasionally i get bursts of "extra noise" in one ear that sounds weird and lasts a short time. Its not paranormal though and effects people in different ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Have I not made myself clear in my first response. It's not medical. It's not affecting my health.

If it is, I will look after that, don't you worry about it;)

Just because something isn't noticeably affecting your health does not mean it isn't a medical condition or something that cannot be explained by medicine/science.

As for astrology playing some part......I could give anyone an astrology "reading" and they would accept it as being true to them.
    So just try to think logically here, you had a ringing in your ear is it more than likely:
    a) A medical condition, or something that can be explained as being natural

or

b) Pluto

Advertisement