Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commentary on "Last Man Standing"!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

I guess I just really hate when someone claims victory by default. But if Dumbledore doesn't mind being required to reply every 24 hours for the duration of the debate or face a forfeit then I'm okay with it. It was just a suggestion anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I guess I just really hate when someone claims victory by default. But if Dumbledore doesn't mind being required to reply every 24 hours for the duration of the debate or face a forfeit then I'm okay with it. It was just a suggestion anyway.

I'm hardly going to claim victory over a time violation. Us pious old folks have learned not to be in a hurry. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

PDN wrote: »
    I'm hardly going to claim victory over a time violation. Us pious old folks have learned not to be in a hurry. ;)
    Not in a hurry to face facts and give up faith!
    OH MASSIVE SICK BURN!!!!!1
    :pac:
    Nah, you guys are all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

robindch wrote: »
    Mod note to the hard-of-reading:

Reading? :confused:

edit: oh yeah, for a minute there I forgot this was the internet. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Hopefully have the first post up by tonight guys, thanks to those of you who PMed me information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Charter & Rules
    This may be at it's heart a forum for those who share atheist or agnostic views, but those of all faiths or beliefs are welcome in any discussion. Also welcome are any questions/comments relating to religion, morality, ethics or the origins of life in general. (Just don't hold out for a definitive answer).

Only a couple of obvious rules need be iterated for the sake of clarity:

1. No personal insults. Attack the post not the poster. If you can't keep your head, take it elsewhere.

2. Respect those who do not share your beliefs (or lack thereof). Though many here will share certain atheist or agnostic views - it is not acceptable to ridicule the faith or beliefs of others. Something that would be seen as a direct insult in, say, the Christianity or Islam forums will be similarly treated here.

Great to see the mods uphold their own charter in this forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I don't recall seeing any reported posts from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Happy now?

No, me neither. That was a waste of both of our time. :)

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Hopefully have the first post up by tonight guys, thanks to those of you who PMed me information.

Maybe too many PMs? Taking the time to read them all obviously doesn't leave too much time to enter the debate.

I've no problem with the posters here sending Dumbledore PMs to make it a collaborative effort, but the "phone a friend" option can get a bit unwieldy.

usw169phonebank.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

usw169phonebank.jpg
    "Hello, This is Answers In Genesis(tm). Can I take your credit card number, please?"

• Advertisement

aig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dades wrote: »
    aig.jpg

Subtle. You know I will use that in my forum now :)

Thought you'd like it. ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

I'm sorry but when the hell is the debate starting ... or continuing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Dumbledore was hoping to have his opening post up last night...

I saw that ... but it's been a week since PDN's opening post. Are we all likely to be on retirement benefit when we get to read the closing arguments?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Copying and pasting may take a while. Give the lad a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Copying and pasting may take a while. Give the lad a chance.
    Harsh words.

True... but harsh! ;)

Is this an official walkover yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Myksyk wrote: »
    Is this an official walkover yet?

There's no body to walk over, so I guess not :D

• Advertisement

This is going beyond pathetic on the part of Dumbledore.He had real proof and it takes up to 8 days to produce it.:rolleyes:

To me, it seems that Dumbledore thought he was the big man running his mouth off and now he won't post on the thread due to having nothing to back himself up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Aren't the schools on holiday this week as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Lads don't start slagging him just yet.

What we are all waiting for may very well be the Most Ultimate Atheist Post EVAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think you will find it is EVAR.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

This is going beyond pathetic on the part of Dumbledore.He had real proof and it takes up to 8 days to produce it.:rolleyes:

To me, it seems that Dumbledore thought he was the big man running his mouth off and now he won't post on the thread due to having nothing to back himself up with.

I disagree, he may well have underestimated his time restraints with his exams etc., and the desire to compose a good argument, maybe he's a perfectionist?

Lay off the lad, he'll post as soon as he has time, or let us know he can't.

No need to lay into him, except to be the indignant online venter.

But in the meantime you can come over to the Christianity forum and take pops at me for being evasive. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe the lad has better things to do.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

MrPudding wrote: »
    I think you will find it is EVAR.

MrP

Sorted.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Overblood wrote: »
    Lads don't start slagging him just yet.

What we are all waiting for may very well be the Most Ultimate Atheist Post EVAR!

I believe the Mayans prophecise that happening in 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

But in the meantime you can come over to the Christianity forum and take pops at me for being evasive. :)

Also for not replying to posts immediately. Shocking stuff!

Advertisement