Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a skirmish site in enfield,co meath

Options
  • 28-03-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

i am lookin for feed back on opening a small skirmish site in the enfield ,johnstown bridge area of co meath .its a on 2 acres of gravel yard and an old factory, i also have first refusal on about 6 acres woodland in the locality,just wanted to see if there would be much intrest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

There is always interest in a new site?
    Enfield would be a great position for an Airsoft site.
    Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Another site in the area would be more than welcome, especially for those of us outside the m50 as well as the fact that more competition in sites can only be good for the sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i am lookin for feed back on opening a small skirmish site in the enfield ,johnstown bridge area of co meath .its a on 2 acres of gravel yard and an old factory, i also have first refusal on about 6 acres woodland in the locality,just wanted to see if there would be much intrest

New sites mean more competition, more variety and makes Airsoft a more solid sport and something to be taken seriously.

Best of luck with the venture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

TheDoc wrote: »
    New sites mean more competition, more variety and makes Airsoft a more solid sport and something to be taken seriously.

Best of luck with the venture.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Definitely. As someone situated well outside the M50, more sites in my direction are always welcome.

Also, what DOC said :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭moggser

very best off luck with it enfields a nice place hurry up with it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bignose

is there any stream running through the sight. im looking for a 5 acre sight for an eco farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

nice and close :D factory multi story? any more details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Best of luck with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

wolud be nice to get a few more sites opened that are not around dublin, gives the rest of the country a chance........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Id deffinatly look into attending

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

i will be talking with the owners again during the week,about the rent,insurance etc, but im am out of the counrty then for two weeks so as soon as i have more details i will let ye know, thanks for now f.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

Sounds great, I can confirm the attendance of at least 4 locals and of course I'll try drag the rest of Na Taibhse down out of the city given the chance. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

you had me at factory

best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cpl_mick_1234

HOPE YOU DO I might actual find time to go skirmish soon and you would be near my area

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Old factory....? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

The Patriots would be glad to attend, as we are a local team based in trim.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

I know its kind of late but YEEEEEAAAH! that wud be deadly enfield is only 10-15 mins from me house.I would be glad to attend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I will attend, I've never skirmished because all the current sites are not easily accessible to me. Loads of business coming your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Canus91

That would be awesome. A site there is just next door.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Golf Mike 2

It's not that far to Enfield for the city heads either with the M4 motorway and the freeflow off the M50. Would certainly be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Good luck with it. Would definitely come visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

We need more sites with atual buidings. Play at red barn and you will known what i mean. It just bring the quality of the site right up in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

so is there a date of opening of this site?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

thats a great location,even though i live in dublin 7, i know johnstown well as i have went for my grub in the hamlet court hotel many a time.
    thats just a few minutes from the M4 isent it?:confused:

best of luck if yous are setting it up;)

Aaron:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

Any more info fleccymanager?:)

sorry for not getting back to ye before now ,been flat out at work, the factory i was on about has been bought and is pretty much out of the picture, i was told that the people in it were moving out but in fact they were moving in, so it is being used now,but im still on the hunt for somthing similar, old factory,urban type site,somthing a bit different....ps thanks for the replys,they all help when i am talking to the bank manager....so the more the merrier;);)

hi all been working away at the location for a site, my god its hard ,as soon as a land owner finds out what i want it for the responce is not good, not because its airsoft but they **** them selves about insurance, but its lookin good got me a third meeting with a land owner in kilcock and he is very intrested, meeting him on saturday, Will have news soon,sorry for taking so long but the amount of work that goes in a site or even getting people intrested can only be appriecated by them that have done it

right, heres the story i had another meeting with the land owner,he today has a very large stud farm with more forest than u can shake a stick at ,the part of the farm im looking at is 5 acres of forest and an out farm with plenty of sheds and a yard,its in kilcock and only 15 min walk from the bus stop in the square, i also have a mate who said that he would be willing to run a shuttlebus form the square to the site ,so there will be no prob with transport,it is only a two minuite drive from the kilcock n4 slip road and no more than 25 min from the m50 palmerstown junction . so let me know what ye think:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Sounds like a great place. Count me in.

Advertisement