Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

rovert wrote: »
    ???

link or was deleted of something?

this forum thread, closed.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

rovert wrote: »
    I *think* this film is out over here next week I saw the trailer for this about a month ago in the cinema. It seems incredibly dumb for people who have an interest in MMA but still looks like fun:

Cung Le is obviously more interested in films than MMA at the minute. After spotting him in this I looked him up on IMDB. Apparently he has 5 films coming out this year, thats nearly as many movies as MMA fights he's had in his career! He was an exciting fighter, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Thought I recognised that kid in the lead role - he was Tyler Gage in Step Up and Step Up 2 the Streets! Totally going to see this film now, that guy can serve some serious moves. Wonder what kind of crew he is running with in this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

cowzerp wrote: »
    as seen as this is the off topic thread, did anyone else love barry's thread, it was proper funny!!

Yes! And him being banned was the icing on the cake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

had a quick flick through never surrender earlier , looks like total rubbish.
    It does seems to have most of the ufc in though :D

Agreed about Cung Le, even on the interview he gave during the recent strikeforce event when asked if he preferred movies or fighting, I didnt like his answer, Gave me no hope at all we'd see him in action any time soon :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Yes! And him being banned was the icing on the cake :D
    Modding at its best :eek:. Harsh is not the word for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Modding at its best :eek:. Harsh is not the word for it.

And the stuff of legends, haven't had as good a laugh in ages.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Thanks dude. Hopefully on the 1st June I can forget about all this crap forever (until next year :()

By next year you'll be famous.

**** studying and get that bass out.

But then again, i shall be studying bass tonight in my own way.

Pendulum time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfFnU0FUGno&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Karatekrazy

I think this Ortestes guy was bang out of order banning Roper. Roper is one of the top posters in this forum and more often than not has very knowledgable, valid and informative posts.

Ortestes you had only been around a couple of days and you ban one of the top posters in this forum. Who do you think you are?

Bring Back Roper!

I think this Ortestes guy was bang out of order banning Roper. Roper is one of the top posters in this forum and more often than not has very knowledgable, valid and informative posts.

Ortestes you had only been around a couple of days and you ban one of the top posters in this forum. Who do you think you are?

Bring Back Roper!

+1
    It was not even an offensive thread he made, he just knew there would be arguments like on most threads started regardless of topic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bring Back Roper!

Roper can come back in a month. You can come back in a week.
    +1
    It was not even an offensive thread he made, he just knew there would be arguments like on most threads started regardless of topic.

If you want to have this discussion pm me or start a help desk thread, this is not the place for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A few things lads.

This isn't the forum to debate that Mods actions.

Roper, while a popular member here basically hung himself wording THIS POST as he did..

Any Moderator on any forum would have banned him for posting a thread with the intend to cause an argument, and NOT a debate ;)

IMO it was a brave move banning Roper, but the proper one. Its just a pity it was forced upon an outsider to do it.

Now I was avoiding getting into a debate over this, my suggestion to people with an interest in debating this topic should start a thread over on feedback where it belongs.

**edit, just seen the above post - maybe the helpdesk is the place to put this.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

I love jedward does any1 else???:D

martic wrote: »

Well I'd love to fight them in an MMA match, I'd even accept fighting both at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I hate to admit it but I watch the X factor...

Plus I cried at the champ

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Well I'd love to fight them in an MMA match, I'd even accept fighting both at once!

Jedward by RNC, 1st Round :P

scudzilla wrote: »
    Jedward by RNC, 1st Round :P

I asked for that! good 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

id much rather knock them out, double knockout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ah now, would ya not feel bad hitting the mentally retarded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I should be allowed to not know who Jedward are in peace, but I can't avoid it.

Jason can you mail me or ring me when you get a chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Jason Mc wrote: »
    I hate to admit it but I watch the X factor...

Plus I cried at the champ

jason as much as id like to call u a big sissey for wat u have admitted,I have to confess when the champ was out on the table and the little boy was shouting wake up champ waaaake upppppp i never sobbed as much in all my life,God it feels good to be finaly able to chat about it,and now weve started did anyone see the cowboy film "shane" were he rides off into the sunset and the little boy is shouting shaaaanne come back, aw christ i have to stop here im gona have a breakdown:(... CLICK BELOW AT YOUR OWN RISK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAhrqKqK_cA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

CLICK BELOW AT YOUR OWN RISK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAhrqKqK_cA

Holy jesus you are one sick puppy...

Basically what happened was it was around the time I had just watched Rocky batter that scoundrel Mr T in rocky 3 and I came home one day and my father and a couple of uncles had this film called The Champ.

I thought to myself "happy days, a good auld boxing film, this should be fun".

Anyway I busted out crying when the champ died and was very embarrassed about this fact for years after it.

All I wanted was the champ to win. Poor old Champ. He was a good guy:o

Advertisement