Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread

Options
  • 27-03-2009 10:49pm

Ok so myself and dunk were talking and there has been an awful lot of off topic gibberish banded about the forum lately. We're both in agreement that there is nothing necessarily wrong with this and we don't want to be heavy handed mods unless we have to be so in order to try and keep threads somewhat on topic, we decided to make this thread. This is the place for all general chatter between the posters of the MMA forum. Discuss whatever you want, from your favorite episode of Sex and the City to your favorite brand of handbag, in this thread. I've seen a few of these in other forums I post in and they work really well for the forum as it really helps break boundaries between posters as you get to see other sides of posters and realize that most of us are decent people who share a common interest,

Some of us are just jerks though

So with that said, welcome to MMA OTT

Rules are don't break the general boards rules or the rules of the charter, everything still applies.

No Flaming , No Spam, No Trolling, No Mention of MMA.

If you're gonna post funny pics make sure they're safe for work!

No abuse.

No discussion of a posters personal information without their consent.

That's it. Enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Is it possible to go off topic in the off topic thread? Can I talk about X-arm for example? I think it's really going to hit the big time soon.

EDIT: I didn't actually read beyond "off topic thread". Questions answered.

Valmont wrote: »
    Is it possible to go off topic in the off topic thread? Can I talk about X-arm for example? I think it's really going to hit the big time soon.

Talk about whatever the fook ya want!!

That Hansel is so hot right now!

So if you talk about MMA in the off topic thread in the MMA forum, you're off topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

lets just try and stay on topic lads

So if you talk about MMA in the off topic thread in the MMA forum, you're off topic?

Yes. Basically we were getting a few complaints about threads going completely off the rails so we figured we'd facilitate the chat. For example this would be a standard OT post:

Damn, I'm wrecked after a long day. Lookin forward to trainin tomorrow. Just chillin on youtube.....Quality tune this:

Followed by someone sayin: Are u bleedin mad or wha? That's a shite song. This ones bleedin rapih:

etc etc, u get the drift!!

• Advertisement

Chris89 wrote: »
    lets just try and stay on topic lads

Exactly, well said!! See ya at trainin tomorrow? Bring your boxin gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

So what train do you do and where?? Seen as this is the get to know each other thread :D

Judomad wrote: »
    So what train do you do and where?? Seen as this is the get to know each other thread :D

Jits down in Next gen and Muay Thai at Warriors, though I haven't trained either in a while (1st class back was last Wed) cos I popped a rib, great fun bein a couch potato was had!!

Ok off topic... Metallica suck

Ok off topic... Metallica suck

:(

Banned!!

• Advertisement

Nah, im working, load of gay.

i started in warriors on thursday by the way. didnt realise you were down there too.

Nah, im working, load of gay.

Boo-urns!
    i started in warriors on thursday by the way. didnt realise you were down there too.

Yea haven't been in a while. Startin back up next week so I'll see ya there!

im so ****, only punches ive ever thrown have been outside nightclubs and the like. hopefully i can start getting the hang of it soon.

im so ****, only punches ive ever thrown have been outside nightclubs and the like. hopefully i can start getting the hang of it soon.

Soon you can choose whether to submit or knock out the bouncers from 92!

Id have to convince myself to go to that kip in the 1st place. i reckon triangle from mission control in the 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2009-03-25-Violence-Fight.gif

I hate studying! I won't be online as much over the next month or 2 due to upcoming exams so have asked ther mods to keep and eye on the forum and help dunkamania out so he's not doing it all alone. I'll be in from time to time though so hold off on the celebrations!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Best of luck with those exams!

dunkamania wrote: »
    Best of luck with those exams!

Thanks dude. Hopefully on the 1st June I can forget about all this crap forever (until next year :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Thanks dude. Hopefully on the 1st June I can forget about all this crap forever (until next year :()

Are you planning on repeating the leaving cert again next year?

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote: »

If you get me a time machine so I can go back 5 years in time then I will yea!

Killme00 wrote: »

Quality:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I come in here and the first thing I see is Orion. Win :D

I come in here and the first thing I see is Orion. Win :D

The ultimate instrumental!! Great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The ultimate instrumental!! Great tune.
    Get Guitar Hero:Metallica and its even better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I hate studying! I won't be online as much over the next month or 2 due to upcoming exams so have asked ther mods to keep and eye on the forum and help dunkamania out so he's not doing it all alone. I'll be in from time to time though so hold off on the celebrations!!

Leaving Cert AGAIN? C'mon Neil, you could just get an apprenticeship or something that your intellect will allow. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvj6Pn47s0s

I dont like this band...... honest :rolleyes:

fun ufc themed video though and it has Bas in it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I *think* this film is out over here next week I saw the trailer for this about a month ago in the cinema. It seems incredibly dumb for people who have an interest in MMA but still looks like fun:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

as seen as this is the off topic thread, did anyone else love barry's thread, it was proper funny!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

cowzerp wrote: »
    as seen as this is the off topic thread, did anyone else love barry's thread, it was proper funny!!

???

link or was deleted of something?

Advertisement