Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deportation case mother had fake baby death papers, inquiry told

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

female genital mutilation is disgusting, this woman was trying to protect her children as im sure anybody with children or even nieces/ sisters would do.

if you thought somebody you loved was going to be put through a horiffic ordeal such as this, would you not be willing to do anything to prevent it.

this woman is brave and is being a responsible parent by standing up to to something that she belives is wrong.

and who are we to say that the doctor is not telling fibbs, this is a highly controversial subject in africa etc. and perhaps he was just trying to save face and make her look bad because he is ashamed of what happened.

Your crazy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nodin wrote: »
    There may well be bleeding hearts, but they really don't strike me as relevant to the facts. Now logically, if we rank that far down in the tables, the country/state can hardly be accused of being too worried about them either. If you want to know who is screwing this country over, you don't need to look at refugees or anything so exotic.

At last ireland is gaing a reputation for efficiency.
    Hopefully after this case they'll be refusing a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Victor_M wrote: »
    Homeless!! Have you seen a Nigerian without an iPhone!

Or gold watches,silver necklaces,timbaland boots,and other assorted high street brand names,or expensive apartments in some of the most sought after areas in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

Nodin wrote: »
    There may well be bleeding hearts, but they really don't strike me as relevant to the facts. Now logically, if we rank that far down in the tables, the country/state can hardly be accused of being too worried about them either. If you want to know who is screwing this country over, you don't need to look at refugees or anything so exotic.

Believe me, i am all too aware that Ireland is being damaged from the inside, out more than from the outside in. That said, I believe the vast majority of immegrants into this country are here for financial gain, not because they are fleeing persecution. And thats fine, I wouldnt deny anyone the chance to make a better life for themselves (I may have to do it soon myself!) but I really cant stand those who lie and go down the asylum route in order to be allowed stay thereby impacting on those who really need our protection. And these people are facilitated by the bleeding heart loud-mouther minority i meantioned earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

Irlbo wrote: »
    Or gold watches,silver necklaces,timbaland boots,and other assorted high street brand names,or expensive apartments in some of the most sought after areas in the country
    balbriggan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

So if they were white how would you know they weren't Irish?
    Oh thats right its only the fordiners that exploit the system and spend they're ill gotten gains on crap.

sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So well dressed black man = Nigerian = fraudster of some description...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Wow a thinly veiled racist thread. Never see any of these in AH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If they're so destitute how did they afford to travel here in the first place?
    i couldnt afford a trip to Lagos and i'm considered eminently taxable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Zadkiel wrote: »
    So if they were white how would you know they weren't Irish?
    Oh thats right its only the fordiners that exploit the system and spend they're ill gotten gains on crap.

sarcasm

Surely accent and not colour is the give away to nationality or atleast regionality. Sure look at Clinton Morrison he's Irish and black but he doesn't have a Nigerian accent ;)

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    If they're so destitute how did they afford to travel here in the first place?
    i couldnt afford a trip to Lagos and i'm considered eminently taxable.

This. It's a major problem in these situations that any Nigerian that can get to Ireland is probably not the one that needs helping out.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Surely accent and not colour is the give away to nationality or atleast regionality. Sure look at Clinton Morrison he's Irish and black but he doesn't have a Nigerian accent ;)

Ofc forgive me, it would be a dead give away as they all chat away on their iPhones :rolleyes:

Again with the sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Not all Nigerians in Ireland are asylum seekers. Many are doctors, nurses etc. If some of them choose to waste their money on Apple's pretentious must have gadget, the latest fashion crazes or whatever that's their business.

I'm not happy with the direction this thread is going in. If you want to bash immigrants you know where to go. Here's a clue: It's fronty and stormy.

No more of this crap.

Ofc forgive me, it would be a dead give away as they all chat away on their iPhones :rolleyes:

Again with the sarcasm

All I was saying was your method of distinguishing foreigners by colour was flawed.

Anywho back on to the issue if she is found out to be lying doesn't her husband have some business deals in the UK? Surely the government could bring his business to court for the legal costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

javaboy wrote: »
    Not all Nigerians in Ireland are asylum seekers. Many are doctors, nurses etc. If some of them choose to waste their money on Apple's pretentious must have gadget, the latest fashion crazes or whatever that's their business.

Prejudice against Apple users!!

May Steve Jobs forgive you.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    All I was saying was your method of distinguishing foreigners by colour was flawed.

Anywho back on to the issue if she is found out to be lying doesn't her husband have some business deals in the UK? Surely the government could bring his business to court for the legal costs.

Sorry I was being sarcastic mate, as some of the previous posters don't seem to grasp black african doesn't always mean nigerian
    I have some friends from Sierra Leone who were genuine asylum seekers so that attitude kind of pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Wow a thinly veiled racist thread. Never see any of these in AH.

its been thinly veiled? Those Fcuking muslims again I bet :mad:

Sorry I was being sarcastic mate, as some of the previous posters don't seem to grasp black african doesn't always mean nigerian
    I have some friends from Sierra Leone who were genuine asylum seekers so that attitude kind of pisses me off.

Understandable. Unfortunately society tends to take the easy way out, I've done it before myself. Because a large percentage of immigrants in Ireland are Polish (Eastern block) and Nigerian (Africa) most from those areas get bulked in with them. Hell every time I go on a holiday I have to correct someone who calls me English :shudder: :pac: so it's a worldwide issue of simplifying to a majority.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement