Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sonic Game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

appleidog wrote: »
    Best Sonic games
    1. Sonic_Jam_Box_Cover_USA.png
    2. sonic_1.jpeg

Can I ask what Sonic Jam CD is/was ?

--

Personally for me , number 2 was my favourite. It just always felt like the classic game - I didn't play number 1 till long after it was out and number 3 and +Knuckles always felt too "new"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 kingcantona

oooh sonic 2 I ve whiled away many many hours playing and replaying that game! plus the 2 player feature woz great racing against each other to finish first. classic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sonic Jam was a compilation of Sonic games Sega made for the Saturn,
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/saturn/home/198697.html
    So it had Sonic/2/3/& Knuckles all on the one disk, very cool so far,
    But it also had a very groovy 3D Sonic world that begged to be made into a full game but instead acted as a hub world between the various Museums housing Sonic information and a bunch of little time trail type games, no baddies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

It is the best of the Sonic compilations due to its faithful, to the originals/ you can have a easy mode normal and hard mode aswell. Also Sonic has a spindash in sonic 1.

Also the Presentation alone is truly amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And i'm happy to be a proud owner of a copy of Sonic Jam, must have a go.
    Appleidog, you're right, compared to all the compilations that have come from Sega since, Jam is simply the best, none of the Game Gear padding, nor the obligatory Sonic Spinball or Flickies Island, and, for the record, the guy who thought we wouldn't mind a rehash of Flickies Island on the Saturn instead of Sonic 3D proper should be dragged into the street, buggered senseless by horses then have his entrails pulled out and burned in front of him, twat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement