Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zamano

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

ang1170 wrote: »
    Did you ever get a response to this complaint?

I'm in a similar situation myself at the moment.

I got a refund after a few days from Zamano. I knew what had happed was wrong so I chased Zamano and Vodafone with technical questions. Vodafone denied that there was a relationship between them and Zamano at first but Zamano got fed up with me hassling them and their management so they eventually admitted it. I brought a case with Comreg and they did nothing, only to enquire if I got a refund.

I then brought a case with the Data Protection Commisinor. They put all my points to Vodafone. Vodafone came back with the usually answers. The DPC didn't accept Vodafones explainations and directed them to change their procedures in relation to the way these services work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭owainglyndwr

I got a refund after a few days from Zamano. I knew what had happed was wrong so I chased Zamano and Vodafone with technical questions. Vodafone denied that there was a relationship between them and Zamano at first but Zamano got fed up with me hassling them and their management so they eventually admitted it. I brought a case with Comreg and they did nothing, only to enquire if I got a refund.

I then brought a case with the Data Protection Commisinor. They put all my points to Vodafone. Vodafone came back with the usually answers. The DPC didn't accept Vodafones explainations and directed them to change their procedures in relation to the way these services work.

After i ran a few rings around Regtel they said they were merging with Comreg .. My answer to them? "We are screwed!" .. Regtel were Toothless and Comreg ? They are as much use as a Handbrake in a Canoe.. I told them to ensure by legislation that any third party transaction should contain an Invoice .. They refused stating "Their policy was fair" .. Yeah fair to Zamano and their ilk as their policy affords no protection to the consumer. I'll try Noel Coonan again as it appears that Zamano are still up to their old tricks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

After i ran a few rings around Regtel they said they were merging with Comreg .. My answer to them? "We are screwed!" .. Regtel were Toothless and Comreg ? They are as much use as a Handbrake in a Canoe.. I told them to ensure by legislation that any third party transaction should contain an Invoice .. They refused stating "Their policy was fair" .. Yeah fair to Zamano and their ilk as their policy affords no protection to the consumer. I'll try Noel Coonan again as it appears that Zamano are still up to their old tricks..

I agree. Comreg are a waste of space. I don't think they understand the technology they are dealing and are not willing to be proactive when it comes to the protection of the consumer. It is over 10 months since I started dealing with them and back then they told me they were formulating new guidelines and regulations. They were consulting with all interested parties. Still no move on it after all this time. They are run my 2 men at the top. How can you run an accountable organization with 2 people in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Zamano

Hi,

If anyone has an issue with a Zamano alert or related product you can contact our customer care at 0818 3000 48

And see our complaint handling process here: http://zamanosolutions.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Zamano-Complaint-Handling-Process.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Zamano, is this thread reason enough for a refund of my €2.50 out of curiosity, without going through customer care etc as I've already dealt, unsuccessfully with them.

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Hi Zamano, is this thread reason enough for a refund of my €2.50 out of curiosity, without going through customer care etc as I've already dealt, unsuccessfully with them.

Please use above contact details and a member of our customer support team will look at your request.

My request has already been looked at and declined. I'm asking, after seeing all of this here from a thread I started, are you willing to refund the €2.50 out of principal? Simply based on this thread alone and without me going to any more effort of processing a refund request.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zamano Please do not post further in this forum until you have verified that you are indeed posting in an official capacity on behalf of Zamano.

In order to verify your identity, please contact the Administrators via reps@boards.ie

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    Zamano Please do not post further in this forum until you have verified that you are indeed posting in an official capacity on behalf of Zamano.

In order to verify your identity, please contact the Administrators via reps@boards.ie

dudara

Will do now.

Zamano, I got your PM, I'm not reading the PDF and I'm not calling a number. You either agree to refund me based on the information provided here or not. Your choice. If you don't agree to it publicly on this thread then I don't want any more PM's unless it's asking for bank account details or an address where payment will be made to. I'm not willing to enter a lengthy discussion on it either so please respond here with your decision once you have been verified as an official representative.

• Advertisement

@Zamano I managed to get a full refund .. <SNIP>

I have taken the decision to remove this section as it contains a very serious accusation and details that may pertain to legal action

cormie Please don't disclose the contents of any PM conversation between zamano and you.

dudara

Won't be giving any fine details but just wanted to let the representative know I'd prefer to be dealt with in the public forum :)

Did they confirm their affiliation with Zamano and have been given permission to post again as Zamano? Not sure as they haven't replied but stated they will PM you yesterday.

@Zamano I managed to get a full refund .. <SNIP>

I have taken the decision to remove this section as it contains a very serious accusation and details that may pertain to legal action

<SNIP>

I have taken this action in your own best interest. If you take legal proceedings based on your grievance, then these posts could work against you.

I am not aware of the progress - it is up to zamano and the admins to sort that out.

EDIT: I've been contacted by Boards admin to inform me that the account discussions are underway. That's all for now.

Oh yeah, thanks :) Will see what happens I guess. I had unsubscribed from this thread (too many complainers! haha) and only happened to see Zamano in another thread so decided to check back here :)

I am not aware of the progress - it is up to zamano and the admins to sort that out.

I fought damned hard to get a refund and i went that extra mile by involving a Senator to look into procedures and also to look into ways of protecting Joe and Jane public from being fleeced in the future .. I never knowingly subscribed to their services and i was unaware i was being charged until i contacted O2 with a query .. I received text messages from Veronicas Moco ..I had no idea what they were and i ignored them .. If i was informed that i was being charged when i received those texts i could have fixed it earlier but i wasn't.

Hopefully you are able to see photo of letter from RegTel

Its all lies ,,I never refused to deal with their non Irish staff or take their calls .. RegTel took their word over mine ..

<SNIP> Attachment removed - please do not post correspondance in public

Well, I don't know what happened with Zamano's authenticity approval, but no reply to my above question... I guess they have their own, immoral principals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

cormie wrote: »
    Well, I don't know what happened with Zamano's authenticity approval, but no reply to my above question... I guess they have their own, immoral principals.

Hi guys,

Unfortunately there has been no progression with regards to Zamano's verified representative account. They won't be posting any further replies until we sort the account out with them.

As per their previous post, your best bet is to contact their customer service department.

If and when we get their account up and running, we will reopen this thread for questions and queries, in the meantime we're going to close it.

Thanks,
    Nicola

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement