Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Last Game of Season** Tues,Mar 24 @ 20:00 in Colmcilles - Ravenhill V Boardeaux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

WeAreShels wrote: »
    Jaysis, 21 players tonight :eek:

If the other team don't show we can have 10 v 11 !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Martin - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Dan - Yes
    Michael -Yes
    Keith - Yes

Cathal - Injured - Will be there
    Mick Mc - Yes

Larry-
    Lepo - Yes
    Derek - Yes
    Peter - Yes
    Gav - YES
    Mark - Yes

Gar - NO
    Dave - Yes

Art - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran -Yes
    Jules - Yes

New Players -

Iain - Yes
    Conor - No
    Theresalways one - No

Collie - YES
    Eoin - Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

emc2 wrote: »
    If the other team don't show we can have 10 v 11 !

picture the scenario. bar real beat glenwood. ravenhill dont show.....hmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have to pick a team for tonight :eek: :(

is gary about?? what sort of team have ravenhill tonight?

• Advertisement

is gary about?? what sort of team have ravenhill tonight?

We play our own game regardless if they have eight, eleven or thirty players.

No more discussion of Ravenhill, unless Gary wishes to comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I haven't scored this season so I'll be belting shots in from everywhere ;) Mainly the sideline after Des reads this :D

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I haven't scored this season so I'll be belting shots in from everywhere ;) Mainly the sideline after Des reads this :D

watch ciaran go after the top scorer award too!!! promises to be a good evening no matter what happens.

I scored at the weekend so I'm feeling lucky after having a two cracking chances last week. I reckon I'll score 6. At least

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I scored at the weekend so I'm feeling lucky after having a two cracking chances last week. I reckon I'll score 6. At least

who did you play, was it in the shield? that shield is a joke the way they have it done.

gav just text about going early tonight, dan and art cant go early, can anybody give me a lift from dundrum area thats heading about 7ish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Des wrote: »
    We play our own game regardless if they have eight, eleven or thirty players.

No more discussion of Ravenhill, unless Gary wishes to comment.

I'm only 1 goal off top scorer, so I'll be expecting to score at least 4-5 tonight just to make sure that I win it ;)

Actually I'm out tonight, have a trapped nerve in my lower back :( We've a number of injuries, but I think there's 12-13 confirmed. They'll certainly be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Trapped nerve, don't like the sound of them, good luck with it Gary.

Ed, I'm gonna go down early and be there for 7.15ish and do the stretches I normally do before arriving at the pitch so I can see some of the Glenwood game with Gav. I'll be driving from Sandyford at 7, text me and I'll pick you up in Dundrum.

Trapped nerve, don't like the sound of them, good luck with it Gary.

Ed, I'm gonna go down early and be there for 7.15ish and do the stretches I normally do before arriving at the pitch so I can see some of the Glenwood game with Gav. I'll be driving from Sandyford at 7, text me and I'll pick you up in Dundrum.

thanks Jules, how about i meet you at wesley about 7ish? i will text u anyway.

who did you play, was it in the shield? that shield is a joke the way they have it done.

Sheilton in the shield. Drew 1-1. I scored after ten minutes. They equalised with a flukey og. We should've won. We've no fit players though. Everyone goes on the tear the night before as well. Total joke but sure it's football and it'll do til I find a proper team next season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Where is the team based Martin?

Eh, Chapelizod, but we play our games in Ballyfermot. But they train in Leixlip. Hence why I got involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

thanks Jules, how about i meet you at wesley about 7ish? i will text u anyway.

Grand job.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

3 points needed tonight Gents :)

Also I'm up for as many friendlies as possible over the next couple of weeks.

Also if we win by more than 6 clean goals tonight we'll have the 2nd best defence in the league:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'm out of this. Have to meet someone about a flat. Homeless at the moment so need to get it sorted asap.

Will defo be down next week though.

Also on the topic of friendlies if we want to play my work crowd again then we could throw a team together on pretty short notice

• Advertisement

Also if we win by more than 6 clean goals tonight we'll have the 2nd best defence in the league:D

only for our blip in those 2 games against oak tree and full irish, we could have the best defence in it :( . almost half our goals came in the 3 games after christmas :(

Idu wrote: »

Also on the topic of friendlies if we want to play my work crowd again then we could throw a team together on pretty short notice

would be an idea, tuesday in colmcilles perhaps???

my grass team aint budging so far. will we go for your lot so?

only for our blip in those 2 games against oak tree and full irish, we could have the best defence in it :( . almost half our goals came in the 3 games after christmas :(

Only for our blip we would be league winners.

"If only" the two worst words in football.

We aren't the best defence because we let in goals

We aren't the winners because we lost some games.

These "if only" and "what if" and "yeah but" really annoy me lads, I don't know why.

If only - yeah well, it wasn't.

What if - yeah well, it didn't.

Yeah but - but nothing.

Next season we cut out the if only, what if and yeah but.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

would be an idea, tuesday in colmcilles perhaps???

my grass team aint budging so far. will we go for your lot so?

Next tuesday? I know a few of the lads train on Tuesdays but they might skip that for an 11 a side game. I'll put the word around and see what comes back

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Martin - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Dan - Yes
    Michael -Yes
    Keith - Yes

Cathal - Injured - Will be there
    Mick Mc - Yes

Larry-
    Lepo - Yes
    Derek - Yes
    Peter - Yes
    Gav - YES
    Mark - Yes

Gar - NO
    Dave - Yes

Art - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Ciaran -Yes
    Jules - Yes

New Players -

Iain - No
    Conor - No

Theresalways one - Yes
    Collie - YES
    Eoin - Yes

Just so people know.

There are two scenarios in my head for this evening

1. We can actually win the thing, if Glenwood lose by a significant margin. IF this happens, I'll be going with this years squad to go for the win, a proper bash at it, like all during the season

2. Glenwood Draw/Win, I'll treat this as our first pre-season friendly, and make changes accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Howaya again Lads,

Um... so, turns out I will actually be able to go tonight. Didnt need to travel back to Naas as I thought.

Saying that, Ill stick to my plan before all the confusion and bring gear but just in case there are mass leg breakings.

Im usually not so tempremental, I swear.

also, Im driving from Windy Arbour/Dundrum so if anyone needs a lift its handy for me to pick ye up. Might be easier for me to get Homerjay as opposed to someone coming from Sandyford.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Only for our blip we would be league winners.

"If only" the two worst words in football.

We aren't the best defence because we let in goals

We aren't the winners because we lost some games.

These "if only" and "what if" and "yeah but" really annoy me lads, I don't know why.

If only - yeah well, it wasn't.

What if - yeah well, it didn't.

Yeah but - but nothing.

Next season we cut out the if only, what if and yeah but.

The fact remains that if only we had been given that penalty against Glenwood or what if the shot against Coca-Cola hit the M50, we would be winners despite losing some games and conceding some goals. And that remains regardless of whether we are allowed acknowledge it or not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

2. Glenwood Draw/Win, I'll treat this as our first pre-season friendly, and make changes accordingly.

Maybe I'll come out after all, might still have a chance at that top scorer trophy :D:D:D

If you want a friendly, should be able to organise one against either Ravenhill or the eircom team for next week. Drop me a pm and let me know.

• Advertisement

Im usually not so tempremental, I swear.

Better bleedin' not be :mad:

Advertisement