Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuig.. Starting in Sept 2009??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Monzo wrote: »
    Definitely English, History and Philosophy. Not too sure about the fourth. The good thing about Galway though is that they allow you to attend any of the arts seminars during the first two weeks.
    if i end up doing arts i would do, legal science (so i can go on and do the final yr of the llb and get my law degree) economics, and then in 1st yr maybe history and soc and pol???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Awhether to go with Arts in Galway or Arts in UCD. NUIG Open Day next month might help me decide.
    Well, I'll probably end up there with you I'm going for Animal science in UCD or IT in Galway and some back-ups in both ao either UCD or NUIG for me

but,IF you get into corrib village be prepared yes, it's the place to be well ,all the time but remember you DO have to learn something while your in college and in there it's not that easy (I've been there one lad I know went making his own beer instead of going to lectures) and he is....well....was fairly smart lets just say it effects people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Yeah I intend to do some actual work there (Y) Doubt I'll be having that much money to squander regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lc-lady

Yup headn nuig next year whup cant wait!!!
    :D

havent booked anything tho.. is there a need 2!? dont have the money ta pay deposit :(

lc-lady wrote: »
    Yup headn nuig next year whup cant wait!!!
    :D

havent booked anything tho.. is there a need 2!? dont have the money ta pay deposit :(
    what course you thinking of doing??

• Advertisement

come on who else is going to Galway???!!!:rolleyes:

anyone else heading to NUIG!?!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Yeah me and my twin sister are going to galwya this year (i hope) but we have amhra house booked, heard soo many things about corrib so i didnt book there.. but all first years seem to be going there so now i wish i had booked there:P oh well!:P

Yeah me and my twin sister are going to galwya this year (i hope) but we have amhra house booked, heard soo many things about corrib so i didnt book there.. but all first years seem to be going there so now i wish i had booked there:P oh well!:P
    wanna swap! we and a few others are booked into corrib, went up and went into 2 diff apartments in there, and even though we were told how bad it was we were shocked by how bad it is!! now everywhere else is booked out.....!!
    what course ye want to do?

there is a book about 2 twin sisters that go to nuig out actually, pretty funny book! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is it really, really bad? Im booked in there too, didnt go to the 2nd open day so didnt see them, but really whats that bad about them? Considering that we wont be spending toooo much time there :rolleyes:
    its dark, cold, damp, the smell, the are in reallt poor state, the kitchen is about 5 ft long and has not enough room to cook something on it, the place is just dirty.... but if it was cheap i wouldn care! but its as dear as cuirt na coiribe, gort na coiribe and atlantis, and i have stay in them 3 over the last 3 years and the are just sooooooooooooo much better!

• Advertisement

wanna swap! we and a few others are booked into corrib, went up and went into 2 diff apartments in there, and even though we were told how bad it was we were shocked by how bad it is!! now everywhere else is booked out.....!!
    what course ye want to do?

there is a book about 2 twin sisters that go to nuig out actually, pretty funny book! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:L Is there? whats it called?:)
    Erm.. both of us have psychaitric nursing down, only i might put general as my first, we'l see though! wbu?
    Are you sure amhra is booked up? you should try anyways because the location is great! me and 2 of my friends went looking for it at the second open day and its right next to the bus station (and apparently clubs.. but we seen none:p). one of the guys with me is in corrib and hes mega jealous:L but i jealous of him because of all the first years in corrib, easier to make friends and all of that! That bit is gonna be scary!

:L Is there? whats it called?:)
    Erm.. both of us have psychaitric nursing down, only i might put general as my first, we'l see though! wbu?
    Are you sure amhra is booked up? you should try anyways because the location is great! me and 2 of my friends went looking for it at the second open day and its right next to the bus station (and apparently clubs.. but we seen none:p). one of the guys with me is in corrib and hes mega jealous:L but i jealous of him because of all the first years in corrib, easier to make friends and all of that! That bit is gonna be scary!
    ya its mad now, i know where it is, 1 min to eyre aquare its in a great location!!! ah corporate law is first! but ill most likely be doing arts! economics and legal sci, history and soc and politics!

its called juno and juliet by julian gough!! ill ring amhra in the morning just in case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Did you ring Amhra, 4490? Must get my own acc. sorted out before Wednesday.

Did you ring Amhra, 4490? Must get my own acc. sorted out before Wednesday.

Not yet really should before Wednesday just that I'm way behind in study, will do it 1st thing In The morning!

The only bad think iv heard about amhra is that the guy is a twat to girls apparently! just expect that off of him , hes ment to be fine to the guys and an a'hole to girls! But def go for it! its worth puttin up with a tube, cuz its fairly great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bobscrewer

yep i'm startin in NUI and staying in Corrib village too! Hopefully Nursing or Medical science

nuig here we come!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 xxcocochanelxx

anyone doing corporate law in september no??? am i too late to book corrib now? I dont have anything booked:eek: doing law in nuig was a bit of a last minute decision so at d mo im very unorganised!! besides corrib does anybody know another good place to stay??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 reindeerarmy

wait for the results to come out then that week get a house with a couple of people, thats what i'm doin anyway, they say off campus is the only way to go

anyone doing corporate law in september no??? am i too late to book corrib now? I dont have anything booked:eek: doing law in nuig was a bit of a last minute decision so at d mo im very unorganised!! besides corrib does anybody know another good place to stay??

all the other student residences are booked up as far as i know! me and a few others are booked into corrib but are thinking of cancelling and getting a house!
    ive corporate law first, but due to making a desperate attempt at the leaving ill most likely be doing arts, and taking economics and legal sci!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Dun Aras (search for it) are the last ones to fill up. Its not great but it did the job for me.

So who is still heading to to the west come next month!??:pac:

Advertisement