Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuig.. Starting in Sept 2009??

Options
  • 22-03-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

hey anyone here starting in Nuig in September and staying in corrib village???? what course ye doing?:rolleyes::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Yup i am!! Hopefully medicine...if i dont get it i might do science...how about you?! :D
    Corporate law hopefully!! cant wait to get to galway!! you moving to galway too?? im going to corrib village, against my better judgement but i imagine it will be great!

ya i am the very same! i have a few friends, some of them are down to stay in the same house, but i didn put anyones name down, i'd rather just live in a house of newbies and see how it goes, and still have friends across the street!! ya its just for 1st yr after that houses all the way i hope!! i applied for corrib weeks ago, after cuirt na coribe and gort na coribe were booked out! and all the others were way to far out for my liking!

oh i know what you mean! i just hope i am living with people that are easy to get along with! by the time i booked the ensuite rooms were gone, so i have a standard room! i am not too pushed bout no en suite as long as there aint people hogging the bathroom all morning, but i could not share a room with a stranger, or anyone for that matter, i have never shared a room and dont intend to start now!!

well i am down in tipp so castlebar is a bit... far for me! but yep i was at openday in october and i will be going to the one in april! just hope it dont rain all day again!!! ya its the one thing that annoys me, cos i like having people over an staying at friends! i have a few friends in UL and Mary I and we have never had any problems stayin in there, so i hope there is some way to work around it besides putting them in the boot of a taxi as one student suggested to me at the open day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I have Galway down 3rd on my CAO, for medicine.
    There's a fairly high chance of me ending up up there, but I eh, haven't booked anything.
    Haven't even thought of booking anything.
    In fact, I haven't even seen NUIG before.

It's wayyyyy too far away from home to go up and have a random look around, if I do go there I'd imagine I'll only be coming home on a very very seldom basis.

So if I do go there, I'm just hoping I'll find something! I'm not too fussy anyway I suppose...

• Advertisement

ya i heard that too, wonder how my friends will take being told theyl have to lie in the boot of the car to get in :p soo...what made ya choose galway?! I wanna hear as much good stuff about it before i go there....had my heart set on dublin for ages but suppose galway is closer, cheaper, all that :o
    ya i know how you feel!! amm.. well i was fairly set on ucc, but i just decided galway is nicer in my opinion, the campus is near the middle of the city which is great! and galway in general is such a nice city and just gives off a good vibe, and ive been in galway for a week or so for race week for the last few years and it is just a cool place to be! and the neew train line from limerick up to galway should be ready by sept so no bus for me!!!

bythewoods wrote: »
    There's a fairly high chance of me ending up up there, but I eh, haven't booked anything.

It's wayyyyy too far away from home to go up and have a random look around, if I do go there I'd imagine I'll only be coming home on a very very seldom basis.

So if I do go there, I'm just hoping I'll find something! I'm not too fussy anyway I suppose...
    what county are you from?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Hey, thought this might be of interest to you, if you do end up there.

www.gobus.ie
    With an average journey time of 2 hours 45mins, and a flat rate of just €10 each way, GoBus offers commuters a comfortable and efficient journey.

Timetable is pretty good too:
    Timetables

AIRPORT - DUBLIN - GALWAY (Monday - Sunday) Valid from 09/03/09
    Depart Dublin - Georges Quay
    Dublin Airport - Coach Park
    01:00 05:45 07:45 09:45 11:45 12:45 13:45 14:45 15:45 16:45 17:45 18:45 20:45 22:45
    Dublin City
    01:15 06:15 08:15 10:15 12:15 13:15 14:15 15:15 16:15 17:15 18:15 19:15 21:15 23:15
    Galway - Coach Station
    04:00 09:00 11:00 13:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00 21:00 22:00 00:00 02:00
    GALWAY - DUBLIN - AIRPORT (Monday to Sunday) Valid from 09/03/09
    Arrive Dublin - Eden Quay
    Galway - Coach Station
    00:45 01:45 03:45 05:45 06:45 07:45 08:45 09:45 10:45 11:45 13:45 15:45 17:45 19:45
    Dublin City
    03:30 04:30 06:30 08:30 09:30 10:30 11:30 12:30 13:30 14:30 16:30 18:30 20:30 22:30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

galway is my 2nd choice and I'm expecting to end up there, and I have nowhere booked either. I dunno, I think I'm too laid-back. I've never been to the college either :P I live reaaaaaaaaaaaally far away

Yeah, I'm from Wexford so, SUCKS.

I'd have to go Wexford-Dublin and then Dublin- Galway, or else Wexford- Limerick and Limerick- Galway.

*shudders*

• Advertisement

I'd have to go Wexford-Dublin and then Dublin- Galway, or else Wexford- Limerick and Limerick- Galway.

*shudders*

Wexford-Limerick would be the better route to Galway.

ew just looked it up waterford - limerick then limerick - galway, right I'm not going anymore :pac:

*shudders*
    that's be a fair journey every week!

Yeah, I'm from Wexford
    My apologies good sir. I thought you were from Dublin.

Jammyc wrote: »
    My apologies good sir. I thought you were from Dublin.

I'm also female :P

I'm also female :P
    ...Im just gona shut up now...ma'am.:o

grrr...no train line between ballina and galway yet, so its the bus for me :mad: ive only been in galway city once, on the open day, when we got absolutly soaked, so that kinda put me off going there for a while :o been in the college a few times, for my brothers enrolement and then graduation, but that was 5 years ago so didnt take much notice of it! Dunno why i havnt been there more often, its only 2 hours away whereas dublin is 4 and ive been there loads! But ya, im gunna hav to trust ya about the vibe of the place! As for shopping...? Is it any good?! :D (obviously this is a very important factor in my choice of colleges ;))
    ah shop street has nice shops... tommy hill, river island topshop/man and the likes... and after that i dont know.. whatever else is in the shoppin centre!!

Jammyc wrote: »
    ...Im just gona shut up now...ma'am.:o

Ha, no hard feelings, no hard feelings.

Just don't do it again.. *narrows eyes* :P

so what are ye all thinking of foing in Nuig????:eek:

Medicine.

I'm crazy, I know, I know.

• Advertisement

Medicine.

I'm crazy, I know, I know.
    god there is a lot you ye medicine types hanging around here!!

yeah I think all the genius medicine people should get out :pac:

That's not very nice!

Plus, I'm not a genius... I'm repeating.. see? Not a genius.

That's not very nice!

Plus, I'm not a genius... I'm repeating.. see? Not a genius.
    well if your going for medicine you must still be pretty smart!!

so we've 1 corporate law, a few medicines, anymore variety in here???:confused::):eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Arts. *insert some sort of embarrassed-looking smiley*

Haven't done anything about accomodation either, although I'm still not sure whether to go with Arts in Galway or Arts in UCD. NUIG Open Day next month might help me decide.

Monzo wrote: »
    Arts. *insert some sort of embarrassed-looking smiley*

Haven't done anything about accomodation either, although I'm still not sure whether to go with Arts in Galway or Arts in UCD. NUIG Open Day next month might help me decide.
    hopefully it will be a nice summers day!! i have arts and commerce down 2nd and 3rd! what subjects you thinking of doing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Master Splinter

ew just looked it up waterford - limerick then limerick - galway, right I'm not going anymore :pac:

JJ Kav bus goes every sunday evenin from the parade in kilkenny to galway:P

JJ Kav bus goes every sunday evenin from the parade in kilkenny to galway:P

that makes me feel better! :) thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

hopefully it will be a nice summers day!! i have arts and commerce down 2nd and 3rd! what subjects you thinking of doing??

Definitely English, History and Philosophy. Not too sure about the fourth. The good thing about Galway though is that they allow you to attend any of the arts seminars during the first two weeks.

Advertisement