If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Blu Ray Player

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kingaaa wrote: »
    Dave, I presume I was one of the 5?

kingaaa,

Indeed! I think the guys called you to sort it out and we're expecting delivery tomorrow, Friday.

Thanks again and drop me a line if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

RAL3 wrote: »
    Apologies for jumping this post\bandwagon.

John, I'm looking for a Panasonic DMP-BD35 as well

and also

an Onkyo TXSR 876 reciever if the price is right.

Pick up in Dublin or delivery to Kildare

Thanks

John

any chance to check stock\price?

Macer123 wrote: »
    Sorry for Hijacking this tread, but the heading is relevant. Hoping one of the Richersounds team or other boardie might be able to help. I have a sony 350 blu ray player connected to a sammy 786 via HDMI. I normally set the TV to sound setting 10 while watching normal TV (Sky +) however when watching DVD's or Blu rays from the
    '350 I have to raise the sound to setting 25. I played around with the audio setting on the '350 which improved it to its current level. Am I doing something wrong ? I have a query send to Sony by email but have not received a response yet ! Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Macer,

thanks for the query and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have been through both the manuals for the 350 and the 786 sammy and I cannot see any setting that would have such a huge effect on the Audio o/p.

I presume there is no chance that you have the Audio DRC setting on the 350 set to 'TV mode'? this could have the effect as stated??

Drop me a line and again apologies for the delay in getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Loggie wrote: »
    Hi John I will take a Pana BD35 aswell if I can get it delivered to Tallaght

Loggie,

sorry for the delay - PM sent!

ATB
    J

RAL3 wrote: »
    Apologies for jumping this post\bandwagon.

John, I'm looking for a Panasonic DMP-BD35 as well

and also

an Onkyo TXSR 876 reciever if the price is right.

Pick up in Dublin or delivery to Kildare

Thanks

RAL3,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - no problem on the BD35 just drop me a line however it has now gone up to 179.95£ for a mulit region model (the only one I can get my paws on at the moment) but if you were to buy it with an 876 ( I have a VERY few left!) I would do the 2 together at the crazy price of £899.95/€979.99 - leaving the Blu Ray costing just £99!!!

Drop me a line with a contact number if you would like to reserve one and I'll get the guys to call you to sort out the details,

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Thanks John, I'll ring friday morning to see if its in.

johnmc wrote: »
    RAL3,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - no problem on the BD35 just drop me a line however it has now gone up to 179.95£ for a mulit region model (the only one I can get my paws on at the moment) but if you were to buy it with an 876 ( I have a VERY few left!) I would do the 2 together at the crazy price of £899.95/€979.99 - leaving the Blu Ray costing just £99!!!

Drop me a line with a contact number if you would like to reserve one and I'll get the guys to call you to sort out the details,

Thanks again,

John Mc

Thanks for getting back to me

PM sent with contact details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Dave, I presume I was one of the 5?

Hi Kingaa.

Yes mate, you were one of the 5.

It's leaving today and the guys in the Philips Shop will bell you when it arrives.

Regards

Dave

Hi Kingaa.

Yes mate, you were one of the 5.

It's leaving today and the guys in the Philips Shop will bell you when it arrives.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, its been a pleasure to deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Macer,

thanks for the query and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have been through both the manuals for the 350 and the 786 sammy and I cannot see any setting that would have such a huge effect on the Audio o/p.

I presume there is no chance that you have the Audio DRC setting on the 350 set to 'TV mode'? this could have the effect as stated??

Drop me a line and again apologies for the delay in getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc

John,

Thanks for your reply.
    I checked the audio DRC setting on the 350 and is was set to 'auto'. I checked it on 'TV mode' and problem sorted !!!!
    Thanks for help.
    Macer

• Advertisement

Macer,

No problem, anytime you need a hand just drop us a line and we wil do our best to look after you - great to hear the issue was resolved!

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Thanks John and Dave at Richersounds for the Pana BD35. Ordered it with Dave on friday morning and delivered to Tallaght on monday morning. Excellent service.
    Thanks guys.

As per previous post, I just want to add my thanks to Dave and John for the level of service which I recieved

I got it today, have it all hooked up to the HT-SF1300, excellent sound and picture! Thanks again to John, Dave and Fergal for giving great sevice and great prices. Now, a question for boardies with experience with bluray. I notice on the forst disc I bought (The Dark Night) that it switches between full-screen and letterbox for different scenes, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I think i read somewhere that it does indeed switch on the dark knight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I got it today, have it all hooked up to the HT-SF1300, excellent sound and picture! Thanks again to John, Dave and Fergal for giving great sevice and great prices. Now, a question for boardies with experience with bluray. I notice on the forst disc I bought (The Dark Night) that it switches between full-screen and letterbox for different scenes, is this normal?

Yep, perfectly normal! The full screen shots are "iMAX".
    Some love it, some hate it, I thought some of the full screen shots look fantastic, especially the "city-scape" ones, good for showing off blu-ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

John do you have any of the Panasonic DMP-BD35 in stock?

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yep, perfectly normal! The full screen shots are "iMAX".
    Some love it, some hate it, I thought some of the full screen shots look fantastic, especially the "city-scape" ones, good for showing off blu-ray.

Yeah, I have to agree, it does look stunning.

Lads, just a quick question for the others who got a pana bluray player.How do you find the up-scaling of standard dvd's? I have a 13 year-old sony 725 dvd player hooked up to the samsung plasma via component ant the picture quality is simply miles better than the panasonic - this is leading me to beleive I might have the settings wrong, but I've messed around with them and cant improve the quality.Two notable films are the matrix and saving private ryan, more recent movies dont seem to degrade in quality as much. Any advice?

Kingaa,

cannot believe it should be worse than your old Sony (although that 725 OSny was a bit of a classic!) - why don't you give Dave or Matt or resident anoraks a bell in the shop for advice on 04890.321.332 - Dave's on hols at the moment but drop Matt a bell and tell him that I asked you to call him and I'm sure he will sort you out - no issue,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Kingaa,

cannot believe it should be worse than your old Sony (although that 725 OSny was a bit of a classic!) - why don't you give Dave or Matt or resident anoraks a bell in the shop for advice on 04890.321.332 - Dave's on hols at the moment but drop Matt a bell and tell him that I asked you to call him and I'm sure he will sort you out - no issue,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks John, I've been on a few forums about it and it seems to be just older dvd's coded at 50hz? anyway, I dont think there is a setting to improve it.Its no big deal, I was just a bit shocked to see the picture quality when switching from the sony to the panasonic.I guess the old 725 wont be leaving the cabinet just yet!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.