If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Blu Ray Player

Options
  • 20-03-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi John. I see the UK site are doing the multi-region Sony BDP-S350 blue ray player for £159, can you get these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Actually, I'm also on the hunt for a Sony HT-SF1300 system, dont know if you do them and I can get them on pixmania, but I'd rather give my money to home-grown business's at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Don't pay any attention to the .ie site, the .co.uk site is what you want for pricing. Just convert the £159 to euro and that's the price charged!

Yeah, just wondering if he had them in stock. I'd like to get both items from the one source,obviously if John can get them I'd rather give him the business, he looked after me with a Philips LCD before.

any update on this?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

we have just today gone out of stock of the 350's - I'm ordering again today and we hopefully should see stock arrive on Friday 27th (I did say hopefully!)

Thanks again,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

S*%t! I would have ordered one if I had known you had them in stock! OK John, 3 questions I need an answer to, I dont mind waiting a few days.

1. Can you get the multi-region 350's

2. How much are they

3. Can you source the Sony HT-SF1300

Cheers

kingaaa wrote: »
    S*%t! I would have ordered one if I had known you had them in stock! OK John, 3 questions I need an answer to, I dont mind waiting a few days.

1. Can you get the multi-region 350's

2. How much are they

3. Can you source the Sony HT-SF1300

Cheers

1. Yes- Friday I hope..
    2. £159.95
    3. No!

Wow I love brief queries - I think we should award a discount for the briefest question that end up in a sale (I'm just grumpy, over 400 email queries today - and then I log onto Boards and see Ashley is hogging my site trying to flog Razors!!!!!!!)

Drop me a line boys & girls if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

OK John, stick my name on a multi-region 350, I can pick it up in the philips store when you get them in. Pity about the 1300, I'll have to give pixmania the funds for that!

OK John, stick my name on a multi-region 350, I can pick it up in the philips store when you get them in. Pity about the 1300, I'll have to give pixmania the funds for that!

BTW, send me a pm or just post on this thread when you get them in and I'll pay over the phone

Cheers

:eek:

Traitor!

How about a Pioneer DCS580 - See details here: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/100/42/DCS-580/index.html

For just £259.95???????

C'mon on Pixmania :eek:

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭podge3

johnmc wrote: »
    I'm just grumpy, over 400 email queries today
    Maybe if your Customer Service and prices weren't so good, John, you wouldn't have this problem :D

podge3 wrote: »
    Maybe if your Customer Service and prices weren't so good, John, you wouldn't have this problem :D

..mmmmm maybe if our prices and Customer service was crap, I could be in watching Coronation Street at the moment - instead of answering yesterday'e emails (catching up :o)

Ok Boardies that's it - Ursula says I have to treat you all like crap and put the prices up by 40%!

ATB,

John Mc!

(the drugs are kicking in..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭podge3

..mmmmm maybe if our prices and Customer service was crap, I could be in watching Coronation Street at the moment - instead of answering yesterday'e emails
    Thats the idea ;):)

:eek:

Traitor!

How about a Pioneer DCS580 - See details here: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/100/42/DCS-580/index.html

For just £259.95???????

C'mon on Pixmania :eek:

ATB,

John Mc

John, that would have been my first choice if I was getting just a dvd system, but the Sony is just head and shoulders above it for inputs at the back.I've a few other gizmos that need connecting via hdmi, so the sony suits my needs perfect.I'd go for a seperates system but her indoors wont have it - she's never been the same since I had the old vcr hooked up to a pioneer seperates system many moons ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

yep, im looking for a HT-SF1300 system too.
    or something that'll process LPCM via HDMI

I've been ok with pixmania so far , but god help you of there's a problem.

I too would prefer to use richer-sounds !

ODD-JOB wrote: »
    yep, im looking for a HT-SF1300 system too.
    or something that'll process LPCM via HDMI

I've been ok with pixmania so far , but god help you of there's a problem.

I too would prefer to use richer-sounds !

I've used them a few times and never really had a problem, but like I said before in the present financial crisis the country is in I'd rather keep my money here. John, are there any similar type systems to the Sony HT-SF13OO? I'd love to go for the pioneers system as it gets great reviews, but it just has'nt got enough connections for my needs. I've got a D-Link DSM330 (HDMI), An Itgate set-top box (Optical) the Sony BluRay (HDMI) player I'm getting off John this week, and my Sony Vaio Laptop (HDMI).It has to be an all in one unit for 2 reasons :

1. I'm only allowed anther home-theatre system if it's pleasing to the eye (or in my wifes words "not a great big amplifier with 6 box speakers scattered around the room"!)

2. I want to keep it simple to operate and not have to use 5 different remotes to get cinema sound.I'm fine with the remotes but the wife and kids always find it difficult to operate when I'm not there, which always results in me doing the technical support thing on the phone at work!

If anybody knows of a similar system that Richer Sounds stock it will be seriously considered.

ok, does'nt seem to be any other options out there so I'll go with the HT-SF1300.

John, are the sony blurays still due in friday?

Hi John, just wondering if the Sony blu-ray players were in yet?

Kingaa,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - Mad, bad weekend :confused:

We are still waiting for the 350's but expecting them on Friday - but we have also now reduced the Pana BDP35's to just £159.95 in MR mode which are also worth thinking about??

Drop me a line if you are ineterested in either and apologies again for the delay in getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc

No problem John.I'll stick with the sony as I ordered the HT-SF1300 system.Do you want me to ring you tomorrow with credit card details?

• Advertisement

Kingaa,

great - I'm not in the office tomorrow but Urs will be here (I'll fill her in_ or you can give Kenny or dave a bell in the shop on 04890.33.00.44,

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

John, hold the phone - I've just been researching the Panasonic and all the reviews I've read it wipes the floor with the sony, both audio and video!!! So let me get this right, the multi-region Panasonic DMP-BD35K for £159?? if so thats the one I want, the missus will just have to suffer with another remote!! I'll even ring you now with the c/c details if your still in your office?

Yep,
    Yep,
    Make her suffer (just don't tell her I said that :o)

ATB,
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Hi John.

Do you have Panasonic DMP-BD35K Mr in stock in Dublin.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Hi John I will take a Pana BD35 aswell if I can get it delivered to Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Apologies for jumping this post\bandwagon.

John, I'm looking for a Panasonic DMP-BD35 as well

and also

an Onkyo TXSR 876 reciever if the price is right.

Pick up in Dublin or delivery to Kildare

Thanks

Hi John.I phoned in my order this morning, give me a shout when it hits the Philips store and I'll pop in for it.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi all.

Sorry to have to report that the Panasonic DMP-BD35 has been re-adjusted to £179.95. We can offer them at £169.95 and these will be multi-region.

This is only a £10 up on what John quoted, but the margins are so tight on these things and Panasonic keep altering the cost price !

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we only got 5 of the BD35's that we could do at £159 and they have sold quicker than a western gun-slinger !

The price has been adjusted on-line to £179.95 but quote boards when ordering and we'll knock of an extra tenner.

ATB

Dave

Dave, I presume I was one of the 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Sorry for Hijacking this tread, but the heading is relevant. Hoping one of the Richersounds team or other boardie might be able to help. I have a sony 350 blu ray player connected to a sammy 786 via HDMI. I normally set the TV to sound setting 10 while watching normal TV (Sky +) however when watching DVD's or Blu rays from the
    '350 I have to raise the sound to setting 25. I played around with the audio setting on the '350 which improved it to its current level. Am I doing something wrong ? I have a query send to Sony by email but have not received a response yet ! Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.