Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bupa 10k race number ?

Options
  • 19-03-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

After the buzz I got from doing the flora mini marathon last year, I signed up to do the Bupa 10k in the phoenix park. Its been so long that I cant remember if I chose to collect my race number or have it posted to me. I've looked on the website and cant find any help. I have heard that alot of people have already received their race numbers through the post. If I did choose the collect option, where would I go ? :confused:
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

collection is usually on the morning of the race in a marquee beside the start. Don't know if it is the same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Collection for the last two years has been on a Sat afternoon in the park also.
    2 -6pm at the race finish area.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

jojobrad wrote: »
    If I did choose the collect option, where would I go ? :confused:
    Any advice appreciated.

I have chosen the collect option too, but looking through the emails they've sent me to date, I can't find where exactly you're meant to go to collect. They seem to have had a few pre-race events in the Lifesytle shop in the Blanchardstown shopping centre so it could be there...?

edit: actually the two posters above seem to know what they're talking about so ignore this!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've chosen the delivery option, but mine hasn't arrived yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

I've chosen the delivery option, but mine hasn't arrived yet...
    same here, i got number 101 last year which was almost an elite looking number:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Here is an excerpt from an email I got from them when I inquired about this.

Received on the 12th March:
    GREAT IRELAND RUN 2009
    SUNDAY 5TH APRIL
    Race packs are currently being mailed to all applicants who selected to have their race pack delivered. If you have selected to have your race pack collected we will be in touch soon with details and times of collection from Lifestyle Sports Store in Blanchardstown in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I got mine in the post yesterday along with my giant sized "small" t-shirt. I don't think I'll be wearing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

Mine arrived wednesday morning, and yes the small t-shirt is huge. Nice quality tech fabric type though so will definitely keep but to loose for race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Oobie wrote: »
    I got mine in the post yesterday along with my giant sized "small" t-shirt. I don't think I'll be wearing it!

Ha! Got my huge 'small' t-shirt as well. :)

I'm just waiting to see how enormous this "small" t-shirt is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

i bet they dont even have small ,med , large , i bet it is just one size fits all , they prob say they have three sizes cause it looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

maaan,,and i ordered the med one,,me thinks it gonna be like a moo moo,,havent recieved it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I got mine in the post last Monday. The tshirts are certainly not very flattering for women!!!

Not fair :( Would it be *that* difficult for them to make a t-shirt that doesn't look like a mumu on us?

disclaimer: I probably needed mumu size about a year ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SeanMurphy

Ooh ooh!! What else is in the race pack!? Im picking mine up so havent seen it yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

SeanMurphy wrote: »
    Ooh ooh!! What else is in the race pack!? Im picking mine up so havent seen it yet..

just some information about the race, your number and the time tag thingy. There should be a goody bag at the end of the race. I hate the name 'goody bag'....Feel like I'm talking to a child.

just some information about the race, your number and the time tag thingy. There should be a goody bag at the end of the race. I hate the name 'goody bag'....Feel like I'm talking to a child.

In this case you are. I want goodies... I wonder what you get in the finishers pack...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

T-shirts are already distributed so the goody bag will probably only have a sports drink, munchies and flyers for upcoming races.

Well I guess its for charity anyway.. Shouldnt expect loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

A friend of mine received his medium T shirt last week and said that it was a little small on him (he's not a big guy), he suggested that I order a large when I registered. Judging by the previous posts I think he was having a laugh at my expense. I'll be the guy wearing a tent :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Still no sign of mine >.>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thats strange RK I got mine a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭plodder

I hate the name 'goody bag' too, because there's never anything 'good' in them.

You typically get a strange collection of curios, like a box of breakfast cereal... Sorry, didn't bring a bowl and pint of milk with me. Or small cans of deodourant... Again, I question the utility of these. You've just finished a hard race, and spraying under the arms isn't going to make the smell go away. Who cares either when there are 10,000 other sweaty bodies in the same state?

I don't know. Maybe, I'm too old and cynical :D ... Though, I am looking forward to seeing the large T-shirt that I asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

I got mind this week - ordered a medium, and its pretty tight fit - probably just about right for racing. Im normally a medium in any t-shirt, so i think the sizes are on the small side if anything. Maybe they mislabelled the small ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Got mine yesterday too. A Large t, it's massive on my 6'4 rake-ish frame!!! Nice t-shirt all the same, better than those cottons pieces of rubbish you normally get...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

i got my t shirt the other day...medium and it fits like a dream.......looking forward to this run so i am, im ina bit of a post connemara lull at the minute!!

Just got mine this morning. Finally. T-shirt (size small) fits perfectly on me (size 14 and not exactly small on top), so I'm not surprised about other female complaints!

Can't wait for it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Just got mine this morning. Finally. T-shirt (size small) fits perfectly on me (size 14 and not exactly small on top), so I'm not surprised about other female complaints!

Can't wait for it now :)

Yep a friend of mine, also not small on top was giving out that her medium was so loose around the arms and a bit see-through?! I haven't worn mine yet but I thought it looked ok (large)... eh male btw..!

By the way should there be a colour on the race number to distinguish runners and walkers? Just wondering

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

MCOS wrote: »
    Yep a friend of mine, also not small on top was giving out that her medium was so loose around the arms and a bit see-through?! I haven't worn mine yet but I thought it looked ok (large)... eh male btw..!

By the way should there be a colour on the race number to distinguish runners and walkers? Just wondering

There are 'county colours' on the numbers. Dunno if other colours are different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

MCOS wrote: »

Yeah, they're very see through so that's another thing that's putting me off wearing mine. A friend who's running it with me is thinking of cutting off the sleeves and tying a knot in it to stop it becoming a parachute on the day. She's also going to wear a regular running top underneath.

Advertisement