Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been waiting for prices to fall further..going to buy now..am I mad?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

smccarrick wrote: »
    Why the sarcasm?
    You'd be very surprised at the number of people who are quite happy to shell out EUR200 to any old estate agent. Whole chains of estate agents have been removed from approved lists- because lenders didn't trust their valuations.

Apologies .. you misunderstand.....no sarcasm intended..

I used that EA because he was on lenders ist and I thought I could trust valuation..but when he claims that a min of 340k is true value and I explain that a similiar property around the corner was recentky withdrawn because it couldn't realise 320k, he still insisted on the 340k...and therefore I agree with many posters on here that EAs are advertising at silly money....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Apologies .. you misunderstand.....no sarcasm intended..

I used that EA because he was on lenders ist and I thought I could trust valuation..but when he claims that a min of 340k is true value and I explain that a similiar property around the corner was recentky withdrawn because it couldn't realise 320k, he still insisted on the 340k...and therefore I agree with many posters on here that EAs are advertising at silly money....

So- in otherwards- the estate agent does not like to accept that property prices in the locality have fallen below a certain level and is doing his utmost, consciously or otherwise, to try to support what he considers to be a minimum level for sale prices. Despite all of this he is still on the approved list. Don't know how long he'll remain there- if his valuation is 60k above what you're paying for it........

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

smccarrick wrote: »
    So- in otherwards- the estate agent does not like to accept that property prices in the locality have fallen below a certain level and is doing his utmost, consciously or otherwise, to try to support what he considers to be a minimum level for sale prices. Despite all of this he is still on the approved list. Don't know how long he'll remain there- if his valuation is 60k above what you're paying for it........

Correct......just highlights what's going on out there....was talking to my solicitor yesterday evening...he reckons there is almost 0% activity in the property market....in other words..NOONE is buying ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Correct......just highlights what's going on out there....was talking to my solicitor yesterday evening...he reckons there is almost 0% activity in the property market....in other words..NOONE is buying ..

Same in Waterford. One EA is CONSISTENTLY overpricing stuff. He put a house on recently at €260k that should, realistically (at today's prices) probably be pitched at around €225k.

Advertisement