Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Glad there's a thread like this to vent,uh I feel really down I haven't heard from a good friend of mine for a good number of weeks, no reason for it all either and I really miss her now :( been fighting it off for the last few weeks but it's just kinda over come me today for some reason :confused: .
    I've had loads of good stuff going on with me over the last while that I'd love her to be involved in/know about,stupidly I don't have the courage to contact her :rolleyes: so I'm hoping someday she will contact me cause I miss her so much :(

Anyway vent over...next :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

CO19 wrote: »
    Glad there's a thread like this to vent,uh I feel really down I haven't heard from a good friend of mine for a good number of weeks, no reason for it all either and I really miss her now :( been fighting it off for the last few weeks but it's just kinda over come me today for some reason :confused: .
    I've had loads of good stuff going on with me over the last while that I'd love her to be involved in/know about,stupidly I don't have the courage to contact her :rolleyes: so I'm hoping someday she will contact me cause I miss her so much :(

i know how you feel, one of my best friends went to germany and i missed her like crazy, dont be afraid to contact her, its no big deal, people can be buzy or fall of the face of the planet for a while, but dont be afriad to....well take the first step basically, even to just open the communication lines for whenever she wants to talk!

i know how you feel, one of my best friends went to germany and i missed her like crazy, dont be afraid to contact her, its no big deal, people can be buzy or fall of the face of the planet for a while, but dont be afriad to....well take the first step basically, even to just open the communication lines for whenever she wants to talk!

Cheers man ;) would love to contact her but I'm afraid that I'd get no reply and then feel even worse ye know :( so I'm just hoping she will eventually contact me..as someone said on a page or two ago it feels like loosin a limb :( .
    Would be thrilled and so happy if she was to contact me :)..really hope she does !

Cheers man ;) would love to contact her but I'm afraid that I'd get no reply and then feel even worse ye know :( so I'm just hoping she will eventually contact me..as someone said on a page or two ago it feels like loosin a limb :( .
    Would be thrilled and so happy if she was to contact me :)..really hope she does !

she may think you are buzy or maybe she is feeling the same way as you, afraid to contact you too, really you dont have much to lose, take a brave pill and send a "hey how are ya" text, im sure she'll get back to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

If one more person says "renting is dead money" or "you're only paying someone elses mortgage" I will probably lose my last vestige of self control. Grrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

tribulus wrote: »
    If one more person says "renting is dead money" or "you're only paying someone elses mortgage" I will probably lose my last vestige of self control. Grrr.

Unfortunately there is that feeling deep rooted in our society due to exploitation by landlords for a long time during our country's past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

as someone living abroad, missing so many freinds so much, and utterly **** at staying in touch... i say contact her. and contact her again if she doesnt reply.

ive done that for upwards of 6months with one mate. i kenw i hadn't done anything, and i refuse to just give up and 'go separate ways'. he's my mate, one of my best, and i love him so much. seroiusly though, every week, 1-3 times for about 4months, i tried to get in touch, before finally hearing from him. if she's that good a mate, just suck it up, and tell her what you mean to her and that you're not letting her just cut you off.

as someone living abroad, missing so many freinds so much, and utterly **** at staying in touch... i say contact her. and contact her again if she doesnt reply.

ive done that for upwards of 6months with one mate. i kenw i hadn't done anything, and i refuse to just give up and 'go separate ways'. he's my mate, one of my best, and i love him so much. seroiusly though, every week, 1-3 times for about 4months, i tried to get in touch, before finally hearing from him. if she's that good a mate, just suck it up, and tell her what you mean to her and that you're not letting her just cut you off.

Aww thanks Froo :),well I did and I got nothing :( feel even worse now ,don't know what I should do,I really miss talking to her :(

keep hassling her. like i said, my mate took months to get back in touch. i got to the point after almost 5months that i thought he was after cutting me out of his life, and that thought upset me so much, but out of nowhere, i got this email off him, and i know now it's grand, despite the fact i still never hear from him.

keep texting your mate, giving her hte updates. she could be broke, busy, emotional (i tend to cut contact with close mates when im feeling homesick, it's easier if i try forget what im missing out on).

keep hassling her. like i said, my mate took months to get back in touch. i got to the point after almost 5months that i thought he was after cutting me out of his life, and that thought upset me so much, but out of nowhere, i got this email off him, and i know now it's grand, despite the fact i still never hear from him.

keep texting your mate, giving her hte updates. she could be broke, busy, emotional (i tend to cut contact with close mates when im feeling homesick, it's easier if i try forget what im missing out on).

What's annoying about it is that we didn't even have a fight or anything :confused: and it doesn't take much to reply to a text so not sure why she's being like this :( so I'm just hoping she has the decency to get in touch with me either way :(

• Advertisement

exact same with me. no fights, no fall outs. just distance.

if twas me, i'd keep texting her, let her know you're still there and thinking of her. she'll come round :)

exact same with me. no fights, no fall outs. just distance.

if twas me, i'd keep texting her, let her know you're still there and thinking of her. she'll come round :)

Yea I hope so cause I feel unbelievably sh*t couldn't even sleep last night it was bothering me so much,thought by this morning I'd feel better but don't really :( just don't wanna look like a twat for texting her if she ain't replying to me.
    Been hearing alot of this song from Nickelback http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDhVj_v2Vog so going to apply what is said in it and hopefully it'll pay off....hopefully !

hopefully. and don't worry baout seeming like a prat. ive always felt nickelback took more slack than they really deserved. oddly, was listening to silver side up today for the first time since...

well last time i listened to it, it was on tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

tbh i would just leave her be for a while, obv theres some issue that is preventing her from textin you

i think theres nothing worse than being bombarded with texts etc etc..

thats just me tho, but if she feel like me, then it would only cause her to back off more, leave it a while

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Emo might be right.

Sometimes people get all weirded out for no reason and stop liking you for the slightest of things.

Those are the kind of people who can get annoyed by you texting/ringing. It might not make sense to you, but it's a real factor. :pac:

:/

i've never really counted those people as the ones im close friends with/want to stay close friends with.

but meh, shutting up now, ive given my views and prior experience on this one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

:/

i've never really counted those people as the ones im close friends with/want to stay close friends with.

but meh, shutting up now, ive given my views and prior experience on this one already.

Well Froo you're not wrong and Emo's not either.

If I was CO19, I'd send a text or something, or ring, maybe once a month or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

not saying your wrong Froo

but he said he is doing what you said and there is still no contact.

2 types of people,
    1) people who dont mind being contacted the whole time
    2) people who do mind being contacted or bombarded withtext etc

id back right off if someone did that to me, but thats just me:)

It clear she wants some space just give it to her

emo!! wrote: »
    not saying your wrong Froo

but he said he is doing what you said and there is still no contact.

2 types of people,
    1) people who dont mind being contacted the whole time
    2) people who do mind being contacted or bombarded withtext etc

id back right off if someone did that to me, but thats just me:)

It clear she wants some space just give it to her

Been almost 2 months since we talked so she's certainly getting space :D anyway its just been gettin me down for some reason over the last few days is all.

... so nothing to lose, right?

*shuts up*

• Advertisement

... so nothing to lose, right?

*shuts up*

Aww no don't do that !! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Been almost 2 months since we talked so she's certainly getting space :D anyway its just been gettin me down for some reason over the last few days is all.
    We all have ups and downs , it's natural .

Think of the signals ,there is something up it's been two months .

I would personally move on , if someone stopped talking to me and I done nothing wrong and I can see they are plainly avoiding me , well it is there loss if I haven't done anything wrong.

If you are going to text at all , text " Hi , how are you ?" no more , no less. If you don't get a reply MOVE ON .

gl

Aww no don't do that !! :(

anything i say after that is just repeating myself.

*drunken ramble*

if it takes a ridiculous amount of effort to make sure i keep them, then so be it. i'd rather that, than lose them altogether.

Exactly ;) if it takes that long I'll do it cause I don't want to loose her she means too much to me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

losing friends is ghey :(

Ever want to go asleep and wake up in a few months?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

All the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

star-pants wrote: »
    losing friends is ghey :(

Ever want to go asleep and wake up in a few months?

Sometimes I'd like to go to sleep and just fall into my own little world without ever waking up. I used to feel like that a lot, but not so much lately.:)

Booourns to crap I say.

star-pants wrote: »
    Booourns to crap I say.

i agree, crap is crap!!

• Advertisement

Grrrr Arrrggh and other such phrases
    funny-pictures-cat-is-wearing-a-grump.jpg

Advertisement