Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What's wrong with ya?

Ha.. a lot!

Just very frustrated and upset is all hun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

star-pants wrote: »
    Ha.. a lot!

Just very frustrated and upset is all hun

Don't be afraid to vent, that's what the thread is here for.:)

But just.... too personal to vent publically. but GRRR and ARRRG and other such angry words

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

But just.... too personal to vent publically. but GRRR and ARRRG and other such angry words
    I know what you mean , I sometimes feel I am suffocating under a smile.
    DO you write at all? diary ?

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    I know what you mean , I sometimes feel I am suffocating under a smile.
    Do you write at all? diary ?

Ha I know that one.

Funny think I did for years, kept one that I wrote in every single night. It stopped a good few years ago, and I guess that's not helped, things haven't gone well since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Well I need an outlet , I tried a diary but I use music more but I have a book were I have things that got to me while I wrote.

Get a pen/pencil and have a go at a notepad and just ramble and write what you can .

I wrote 10 pages on the bus home when I done it first .

I know it can get hard , just everything piles up into one big mess sometimes but it happens . If we dwell on it too much we become very unhappy people , we just need to believe in ourselves that it will work out.

Yeah I've been meaning to start writing again, it's just hard sometimes as it's upsetting at the same time. Music is good for the soul too you're right

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I've just had to sell something to be able to eat tonight. **** that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

feylya wrote: »
    I've just had to sell something to be able to eat tonight. **** that.
    *hugs*

I cant sleep lately , i try to but cant and im wrecked :(

emo!! wrote: »
    *hugs*

I cant sleep lately , i try to but cant and im wrecked :(

What's the deal- nightmares or just restlessness?

• Advertisement

nightmares & thoughts , lethal combination >.<

*hug*
    I've had insomnia on and off for a few years, it's uber ghey. Thoughts & stuffs going on in your head, and the more tired you are the harder it is to sleep.
    Bath/shower, clean freash sheets & pjs, lavender on your pillow also helps, no caffine after say 6 or 7pm. Quiet room, no tv, no laptop, keep phone & any electrics away from your bed. There's more but I'll think of them again

ill try them :) thanks

im wrecked tbh, got two hours sleep last night, have it under control somewhat, its all in my head, im fine if i go to sleep when someone is awake in the house, just if im last to go to sleep i find it hard >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

*hug*
    I've had insomnia on and off for a few years, it's uber ghey. Thoughts & stuffs going on in your head, and the more tired you are the harder it is to sleep.
    Bath/shower, clean freash sheets & pjs, lavender on your pillow also helps, no caffine after say 6 or 7pm. Quiet room, no tv, no laptop, keep phone & any electrics away from your bed. There's more but I'll think of them again
    i would reccomend all of that except the lavender, when ever i tried it i ended up with a headache. i think its too strong and it gives me a sensory overload or something.

Oh and while i am here. My stupid school is accusing me of breaking one of the computers when i wasnt even in the building for a week and a half!
    i was doing my work experience all last week, i come in monday go to my normal computer class and my computer is all fooked up. then i come in from break today and i have three teachers gang up on me saying that i did it!
    Then they have the fúcking audacity to say that it was because "i am the only one in the school that is capable of doing it" little do they know that about 10 other people in the school are as good as fúcking hackers.
    I dont even think it was any of the students cause i checked out all the system registries and the computer hadnt been turned on since 4:26 last thursday when a man came to fix the computers. He probably just made an donkey's hole of a job on the bástarding thing.

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True - be gentle with the lavender - that's right some people will react to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

True - be gentle with the lavender - that's right some people will react to it.

An ex of mine couldn't sleep with the lavendar either. Would distract her too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

seriously need to vent here.

ok so has the recession affected everyones ability to be able to be single?!! everywhere i look there is people desperate for a relationship.... doing everything in their power to try make it happen. like JUST CHILL OUT PLEASE. whats for you wont pass you by.

I broke up with the ex in jan and since then ive seen a few people casually.... like i cant stand the texting all day everyday thing. if he/she says he'll call he will. or else hes just not that into you.

then if you say your single after being in a serious relationship, people say 'o im sorry, someone will come along' i dont want anyone to come along!!!

im happy going out with the girls, havin dinner and dancing, flirting and checking them at the door.

enjoy your single life and the fun it brings, before you know it you will be old and married and remembering how every night out was dominated by the need to find someone. had the best night ever on sat, dinner cocktails bitta dancing, went home alone...... the looks across the dance floor and nodds and winks were nice.

maybe im just loving the single life as i was with someone for ages.

and for all those who are in relationships, well done... i hope it all continues to go well :)

PHEW

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think I've injured my knee... the Great Ireland Run is in 4 days. :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Teutorix wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People would be loosing their jobs if they accused me of something like that. Have your parents come into the school and tear them apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

blurrrgh. feeling all down, and lonely and sad and like just sort of walling myself up inside myself and ceasing contact with the outside world for a while... just all uber sensitive and close to tears and im taking **** personally when i KNOW it's not meant personally and i just had to say no to my second job for the gazillionth time and i dont think i can survive financially without them for too long and my shoulder's still sore and i just want to go for a surf and make the most of the warmth and peace and stillness and the rushes and just be by myself for a while, but with the other surfers and godammit i need a surf right now.

• Advertisement

seriously need to vent here.

ok so has the recession affected everyones ability to be able to be single?!! everywhere i look there is people desperate for a relationship.... doing everything in their power to try make it happen. like JUST CHILL OUT PLEASE. whats for you wont pass you by.

I broke up with the ex in jan and since then ive seen a few people casually.... like i cant stand the texting all day everyday thing. if he/she says he'll call he will. or else hes just not that into you.

then if you say your single after being in a serious relationship, people say 'o im sorry, someone will come along' i dont want anyone to come along!!!

im happy going out with the girls, havin dinner and dancing, flirting and checking them at the door.

enjoy your single life and the fun it brings, before you know it you will be old and married and remembering how every night out was dominated by the need to find someone. had the best night ever on sat, dinner cocktails bitta dancing, went home alone...... the looks across the dance floor and nodds and winks were nice.

maybe im just loving the single life as i was with someone for ages.

and for all those who are in relationships, well done... i hope it all continues to go well :)

PHEW

I hear you, I like my independence and not having to fit my time around someone else's watch.
    I think I've injured my knee... the Great Ireland Run is in 4 days. :eek:

I'm starting to see a pattern develop here Kirby!:eek: You're quite unlucky with the injuries.:(
    blurrrgh. feeling all down, and lonely and sad and like just sort of walling myself up inside myself and ceasing contact with the outside world for a while... just all uber sensitive and close to tears and im taking **** personally when i KNOW it's not meant personally and i just had to say no to my second job for the gazillionth time and i dont think i can survive financially without them for too long and my shoulder's still sore and i just want to go for a surf and make the most of the warmth and peace and stillness and the rushes and just be by myself for a while, but with the other surfers and godammit i need a surf right now.

Damn, why did you have to turn the job down?

I know where you are coming from in regards to being sensitive. There are times when I can't take the slightest hint of criticism and I take it way too personally. When I feel like that I just take a step back, sit down, and gather my thoughts. It's the only thing that works for me when I need to build up my self-belief!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

So LZ this is a rant thread eh? i must log on more :P

Spent 12hrs of the last 48hrs writing damn case studies for my massage dip in college, due in tomorrow...thankfully i'm finished them ones but my damn hand is cramped up big time grr maybe i should massage it myself lol...and mixed into that was 2 hrs of hurling training and a water safety practical exam doing rescues so i'm dog tired right now ugh. I still have more to do but not due till after easter, so procrastination is taking over for a few days!!

Now time to polish up an assignment i've got to hand in tomorrow too, looking for distinctions here so i am!!

*hug*
    Very holistic approach there, i quite like it:) the bath/shower should be taken around an hour before you intend to sleep too, gives the body a chance to change into a slower gear and relax for the night.

Lavender is not always a good idea, some people may not like it, some can have a reaction to it and if they have not used it before it may interrupt the way they concentrate on sleeping as the smell will be the focus:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

im onew of those weird people, i drink tea and it makes me sleepy, caffiene isnt supposed to do that! :pac:

Well although tea is a weak stimulant, drinking it can have effects that mimic sleepiness due to its secondary effects:
    1. it prevents the absorption of Iron and Vit C

2. The prevention of Iron getting into the blood, just like Vit B12 can prevent oxygen attaching to your red blood cells to create Oxyhaemoglobin for transport to the cells all over your body hence, if they dont get the oxygen they need you will feel more tired:P

Sorry for being a bit technical there, in lay mans terms...drinking tea or coffee will cause you to feel sleepy after about an hour lol.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Damn, why did you have to turn the job down?

couldn't get there on time, was out, and couldnt get a lift and blah. should be alright though, i was just feeling particularly sensitive at that point yesterday.
    I know where you are coming from in regards to being sensitive. There are times when I can't take the slightest hint of criticism and I take it way too personally. When I feel like that I just take a step back, sit down, and gather my thoughts. It's the only thing that works for me when I need to build up my self-belief!

i just want so bad to have a surf. been nearly a week since i was last in the water :eek:

couldn't get there on time, was out, and couldnt get a lift and blah. should be alright though, i was just feeling particularly sensitive at that point yesterday.

i just want so bad to have a surf. been nearly a week since i was last in the water :eek:
    Sure not to worry, if you could find one job there, i'm quite sure of it another will come by:)

And i know how you feel about not being able to do something you love, almost broke my big toe last week doing some water safety stuff in the pool...cant even practice hurling at home, sure its been hard enough to walk properly until today haha!!:pac:

Hold your head up high and think positive:)

Sure not to worry, if you could find one job there, i'm quite sure of it another will come by:)

And i know how you feel about not being able to do something you love, almost broke my big toe last week doing some water safety stuff in the pool...cant even practice hurling at home, sure its been hard enough to walk properly until today haha!!:pac:

Hold your head up high and think positive:)

aye, im being so careful with my shoulder (though i nearly cried when i realised i can't even play bass with it), cos i gimped my knee out when i was 14, just after i'd gotten on the country team, too, camogie/hurling was my life (hurled for 5-6 years, only girl on the team.. awesome way to harden up) and i went back on that waaaaaay too early (granted, on the advice of a fupping idiot of a physio)... my knee's still ****ed. stairs are bad (i love living in a bungalow now), can't cycle, surfing hurts, but worth it, and it's only been a couple of years since i lost most of the limp.

so im being super careful about the shoulder, and so far, doing ok at not freaking out. helps that the surf is a bit crap at the moment, but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Couldn't do Great Ireland Run today.
    Coach told me I had a regatta today. IT GOT CANCELLED...... he never even bothered to tell me till I got there!!! And my club is right beside the park..... I didn't have my no. and whatnot though so I could race. By the time I'd get home and back again the race would nearly be over!!!

And I'm in a general pissy mood today, no idea why. I'm 15, maybe I can get anyway with hormonal teenager for a while longer ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss_lady

UGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! why is it **** happens at the wrong time?!
    living at home, cant stand it, father driving me up the wall and has now begun to threaten me, I want to just run out the door and not come back BUT joy of all joys, I am not working at the moment, Im doing a course so I have no consistent money coming in making moving out impossible.... may be possible if I had a few ppl to move in with and price would go down but noone wants to :(:mad::(. So Im stuck here. what am I supposed to do?! I feel suffocated.

Advertisement