Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Season Function - are we going?

Options
  • 18-03-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

so, as per Des email, are we going to go to this???? should be fun deciding who gets the medals if theres only 16 though :eek:

Hi Lads,

The end of season presentation night will take place next week, details are:

Venue: Alexander Hotel, Fenian Street, Dublin 2
    Date: Thursday, March 26th
    Time: From 8pm
    Entertainment: Race Night in aid of Our Ladys Hospital, Crumlin.

All are welcome.

The full list of winners will be sent out early next week.

Presentations will be made for the following:
    League winners
    Runners Up
    Third Place
    Best Defence
    Best Goalkeeper
    Top Scorer

will you be going? 9 votes

YES
    0%
    NO
    100%
    _blank_emc2homerjay2005FrankGrimesBagglyWeAreShelsdfx-thelepoLeixlipRed 9 votes
    Maybe
    0%

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm a maybe for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

NO
    Yeah I'll go along if there's a group going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

NO
    I'll go to this if we get a decent crowd out. Also, as I missed most of the season due to injury I wouldn't expect a medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

NO
    We haven't had a night out in a while, might as well lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

NO
    I'll go to this if we get a decent crowd out. Also, as I missed most of the season due to injury I wouldn't expect a medal.

You are getting a medal Jules.

As are Mick, Lepo and Cathal. They've been a part of this team since the very start.

I'd like one myself, so the rest of you can fight over the rest of them.

I'll definitely be going to the presentation evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

NO
    Yeh, I'll definitely go. And think you should decided Des who gets medals. As opposed to randomnly handing them out which is a bit unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

NO
    Just an idea on the medal situation. If there's not enough to go around and we have a couple of quid left after paying fees for the summer season we look at getting a couple more medal for the rest of the squad (obviously only ones who were around for at least 1/2 or 3/4 of the season).

I am heading to this, I think we've put in hard work this season and we're getting our just rewards, A little bit more of a push and we'll be collecting winners medal in the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

NO
    emc2 wrote: »
    Just an idea on the medal situation. If there's not enough to go around and we have a couple of quid left after paying fees for the summer season we look at getting a couple more medal for the rest of the squad (obviously only ones who were around for at least 1/2 or 3/4 of the season).

i was actually going to post this also, this is the perfect idea. ive seen player of the year awards, medals missing etc etc cause more hassle than good down through the years. ive seen lads some to blows over things like this.

we need to be very very careful not to leave anybody out. we have a squad of 22 inc the gaffer and that means we should do as Mikie has said. im sure a quick mail to astro.ie before next thursday would suffice explaining we have a massive panel.

as regards the nite itself, looks like we are all heading so, im sure Dan, Art, Mick and Ciaran will also go so looks like we will have 15 or more there at least (this also could be another way of solving the medal thing :) )

NO
    I'm sure there will be people who only played a couple of games who wont want medals anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

NO
    LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be people who only played a couple of games who wont want medals anyway.

Like who :D

• Advertisement

NO
    LeixlipRed wrote: »

everybody deserves one. as far as i can see, everybody on the list of 21 would have been to at least 8/9 games each and in reality, alot more. Larry is the only exception. i would estimate that the majority of that squad only missed 4 or 5 games max with most only missing 1/2 games. we had the same 15/16 down for most games and then a few lads who rotated here and there, such as the lads that couldnt play on Mondays. anybody that wasnt interested was gone off the squad by game 3 or 4.

NO
    Like who :D

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. What I meant was, some people only came to a few games (Larry for example) and if I was in that situation I wouldn't feel like I deserved a medal. I wasn't talking about people like yourself or Daryl who attended nearly every game.

NO
    we will defo have at least 12/13 going to this, the lads that dont post will go also im sure.

NO
    OK, here's the situation with the medals.

I'll be taking them all with me on Thursday evening, if there is a presentation where you get them around your neck, you take it off and hand it to me after we sit down.

I'll then go and get the extras, and then hand them out at a later date.

This way nobody can say they got a "real" one or not and nobody is left disappointed with only getting one of the extras.

Does that seem fair?

NO
    Des wrote: »
    OK, here's the situation with the medals.

I'll be taking them all with me on Thursday evening, if there is a presentation where you get them around your neck, you take it off and hand it to me after we sit down.

I'll then go and get the extras, and then hand them out at a later date.

This way nobody can say they got a "real" one or not and nobody is left disappointed with only getting one of the extras.

Does that seem fair?

i would think that you will just get a box des with the medals in it, as if theres 11 divisions with 3 presentations and then 4 or 5 awards, we would be there all night!!

but ya, if thats the case, sounds fair to be honest. are we going on the beer elsewhere beforehand?

NO
    are we going on the beer elsewhere beforehand?

I'm working until 7.

Also, lads, don't be expecting me to buy a round from the team money this night, I need to keep the kitty as tight as possible, seeing as only 11 people have paid so far.

I've only got two others confirmed for payment by tomorrow.

NO
    I've only got two others confirmed for payment by tomorrow.

i updated the list, i assume 2 that didnt text me, text you unless ciaran text you also. looking at it, we are probably only missing 4, max 5 lads anyway who can play again next season from the current squad, leaving only 2 people that have not commited to paying.

NO
    i updated the list, i assume 2 that didnt text me, text you unless ciaran text you also. looking at it, we are probably only missing 4, max 5 lads anyway who can play again next season from the current squad, leaving only 2 people that have not commited to paying.

Lepo is transferring today, and Cathal is paying tomorrow.

Is Ciaran paying cash or transferring?

NO
    Lepo is transferring today, and Cathal is paying tomorrow.

Is Ciaran paying cash or transferring?

cool that makes sense, i have told ciaran to text you.

Peter and Derek text me also to confirm that they are not playing :(

so, 14 are in so far, only Dave, Gar, Mark and Clayton to confirm, i will leave that to you Des! I would think Dave and Clay are in, so as it stands squad size is 16, not including the 4 potential new lads Collie, TAone, Eoin and Conor.

NO
    cool that makes sense, i have told ciaran to text you.
    Did he say he's paying tomorrow, or what?
    Peter and Derek text me also to confirm that they are not playing :(

Grand, I'll assume Larry is out too, because I haven't heard from him since that game in Wesley.

I'll ask Gav about Gar tomorrow.

So that's possibly 3 out, Martin undecided, and we are adding a potential 5.

• Advertisement

NO
    so what is the plan with this, meeting beforehand for a few scoops??

7.30 somewhere?

NO
    So, what's the craic with this? I'm smothering with a cold so won't be on the booze but still looking forward to it.

NO
    Beat me to it Ed.

NO
    I recommend the Ginger Man. Just two seconds down the road. As you turn off Westland Row it's just on the left. Nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

NO
    There's a pub next to the hotel called the gingerman. Head for Pearse st. station, if you're facing the station with your back to trinity go right and then left at the lights it's on the left handside.

NO
    Snap Michael.

NO
    oh ya i remember 1 or 2 of you on about that the last nite. yep, suits me fine....

we going with that so? des, will ya send a text, i can do it also if you want, though im missing 1 or 2 numbers for the likes of clay and daryll.

NO
    I love The Gingerman, they have the Franciscan Well drinks fro Cork.

Oh yes.

I'm off at 7, so will be over for about 7.20 or thereabouts.

NO
    It's a great little spot as well. They do pitchers of their own lager and ale too. Good stuff it is.

• Advertisement

NO
    I'll send a text.

Martin, that isn't strictly their own beers, they are brewed in Cork, and can also be bought in The Bull And Castle, under a different name.

Bloody lovely beers though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement